Author Topic: tempo lock feature / availability of Genos  (Read 1780 times)

Offline sugarplumsss

tempo lock feature / availability of Genos
« on: September 14, 2022, 02:57:08 PM »
Chris
a quote from you in an older thread i had started, is below my questions.

i never asked you which newer model after the T4, has the tempo lock feature. i’m considering
a T5 or a Genos.
also this: i’ve heard The Genos is not available at this time!
Can you confirm this?

Note: If you select another Style while the Style is STOPPED, the Tempo of the new Style will still be set! (On newer models, in addition to the aforementioned "Tempo HOLD" function, there is also the "Tempo LOCK" function, with which the current Style Tempo can be completely fixed. However, this is not available on Tyros4.)
I use T4 as a drum machine. Playing my own acmp and bass. MIDI songs are my latest interest. If anyone wishes to share knowledge on MIDI songs let me know.

Offline overover

Re: tempo lock feature / availability of Genos
« Reply #1 on: September 14, 2022, 03:53:48 PM »
Hi John,

For models up to and including Tyros4 and PSR-S910/710, in "Style Settings > Style Change Behavior > Tempo" only the settings "Reset" (= default setting) and "Hold" (= tempo is not changed if a different style is selected while the Style is running) are available.

The "Lock" setting is addionally available there for Tyros5, Genos and PSR-S/SX models from PSR-S950/750. If this is activated, the current tempo will be retained even if the current style is stopped and then a new style is selected. Important: the "Lock" setting mentioned is actually only useful temporarily, especially to find a suitable style for a certain song title at a given tempo. By the way, I still mostly use the "Hold" setting, mainly because it can remain activated permanently, i.e. it doesn't interfere with normal operation. When searching for a style, you just have to be careful not to stop the style so that the set tempo is maintained.

Best regards,
Chris
« Last Edit: September 14, 2022, 03:55:38 PM by overover »
➪ Everyone kept saying "That won't work!" - Then someone came along who didn't know that and just did it.
➪ Never put the manual too far away: There's more in it than you think! ;-)

The following users thanked this post: sugarplumsss