News:

PSR Tutorial Home
- Lessons, Songs, Styles & More

Main Menu

odd behavior on left side of keyboard

Started by sugarplumsss, September 23, 2022, 05:05:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

sugarplumsss

i reset the T5 by holding the highest white note ( key)before turning on my friends T5.
i reset because there is an unpredictable volume change when playing single notes, on the left side of keyboard. But the right side is normal.
i have played it , trying to find a pattern to the irregular volume change.
i experimented with a few buttons by "Mono - initial touch " the  Voice Effects section..
No matter what i have tried i can't correct the oddity nor deduce the pattern of note choices that would trigger it.

very generally, i would guess every 6 or 7 repetitions of the same key ( note ) the volume will get much louder . that's just an estimate

i turned it off then on, the default piano sound was tried. at first i thought the piano volume abnormality was gone . but suddenly it "made"  a number of louder notes . no longer can i say 6-7 notes trigger it. i cannot see ANY pattern to this
the only thing i can report is - it happens in the lower style section ( set by the split point ) from the lowest note to an octave and a half upward to the F

above F , where the style fingering is not activated - i have not been able to reproduce the issue.

Any suggestions would be appreciated. .

I use T4 as a drum machine. Playing my own acmp and bass. MIDI songs are my latest interest. If anyone wishes to share knowledge on MIDI songs let me know.

EileenL

Do you have the touch senseity button of for the Left hand voices.
Eileen
font]

sugarplumsss

Eileen

i mentioned the Voice Effects section.  that i experimented turning some of them on and off; but with no relief from the issue.  the issue being sudden loud note when playing single notes in the lower part of keyboard . i'm not using the tyros as designed . all auto accompaniment is turned off... the exception is the drum style. however even with drum style off... the erratic volume persists.

where is the "touch sensitivity " section for the left side?

i thought i reset the t5 . and i assumed that a reset ( holding highest white key then turn on ) would delete all odd settings and place the keyboard in original default positions! But the reset did not delete this odd behavior .
thank you

I use T4 as a drum machine. Playing my own acmp and bass. MIDI songs are my latest interest. If anyone wishes to share knowledge on MIDI songs let me know.

EileenL

This behaviour could also be caused by the rubber strips under the keys wearing.
Eileen
font]