Author Topic: reset t5 / save to thumb  (Read 1446 times)

Offline sugarplumsss

reset t5 / save to thumb
« on: September 22, 2022, 07:05:23 PM »
before i search the manual on how to reset the t5
are there any details i should be apprised of?

i’ve never rest a tyros before

I use T4 as a drum machine. Playing my own acmp and bass. MIDI songs are my latest interest. If anyone wishes to share knowledge on MIDI songs let me know.

Offline overover

Re: reset t5 / save to thumb
« Reply #1 on: September 22, 2022, 07:49:56 PM »
Hi John,

For a System Reset, on all Yamaha arranger models (e.g. Tyros 1-5, Genos, PSR-S/SX) hold down the highest white piano key (far right) before switching on (until the main display appears) .

For all other reset options you should read the corresponding chapter in the relevant Reference Manual. In order to be able to revert to the previous settings, you should use the internal Backup function (saves a .bup file containing the contents of the internal User drive as well as the System, MIDI and User Effect settings on the connected USB stick). It is also advisable to save the so-called "Setup Files" (System, MIDI and User Effect) separately on the USB stick. You will also find all important information on this in the relevant Reference Manual (chapter "Backup/Restore" or similar).

Incidentally, the content of the Expansion Memory (i.e. the wave data of the currently installed expansion packs) cannot  be saved "back from the keyboard" on YEM-compatible models. The backup for the installed expansions is the content of the Expansion Manager (YEM) on the computer or the relevant Pack Install file (.cpi/.ppi) (generated with the YEM) or the original Pack Project files (.cpf/.ppf) .

Best regards,
Chris
« Last Edit: September 22, 2022, 07:59:13 PM by overover »
➪ Everyone kept saying "That won't work!" - Then someone came along who didn't know that and just did it.
➪ Never put the manual too far away: There's more in it than you think! ;-)