Author Topic: psr sx770 to psr sx900?  (Read 1331 times)

Offline chuckeys123

psr sx770 to psr sx900?
« on: September 21, 2022, 01:18:54 PM »
Reposting on this board as I had no response on the 770 board.       When I bought the 770 I pondered over the 970, especially for its harmonizer. Ultimately I passed and bought a voice live touch. I now find it to be a pain in the butt using it as compared to an internal harmonizer. Starting with this issue I am thinking of upgrading to the sx900. I have some questions.                                                                                                                                           1. how does the sound quality of the sx900 harmonizer compare to a voice live touch (about a 4 year old tc helicon)?                 2.  Do they work on the sound of a legacy patches?  Say the same scanner jazz organ patch from the 770 is on the sx900. If played on both keyboards through the same outboard amplifier, would it sound identical?                                                                                                  3. How is the feel of the keybed? Is there more resistance? The 770 feels like I am playing on a piece of plywood.                         4. Does the dobro guitar exist on the 900? Can sounds be found and imported from the Genos?                                                    5. Can vocals go through the 900, and out on a separate output?                                                                                                       6. Can a setlist of, say, 15 songs be created in order and retrieved in order?                                                                                   7. Any other notable improvements that I have not asked about?                                                                                                   .         Once again, thanks in advance to the members of this community that offer so much help.  I have embraced the arranger technology as a professional performer for years. To me, a talented female singer and an arranger can do so many things. I offer a video of an example. Thanks   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DosMeaWB9WY

Offline hans1966

Re: psr sx770 to psr sx900?
« Reply #1 on: September 21, 2022, 04:28:12 PM »
Hi Chuckies123,
the sx900 is an excellent keyboard with many more sounds than the s770

It has many of the voices of the Genos, except for those of S.Art2

It also has many more DSP effects than the S770, as well as including effects from guitar amps from the 60s (this is if you want to connect a guitar to the line input of the SX900).

I haven't thoroughly worked on VH2, so I can't give you an exact answer.

I know there are many editing tools, in the VH2
it also includes a vocoder for EDM music

The dobro guitar, it's not in the sx900, but
I can tell you that it has more and better than the S770

As for the S770 Jazz Organ patch,
I think there would be no problem, and it would work perfectly on the SX900

I hope this helps you in your purchase decision of the SX900

By the way, I also have a YouTube channel, although lately I haven't uploaded videos, here is one if you want to watch it

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vOWU8OlpLfE

Cheers

Hans
« Last Edit: September 21, 2022, 04:32:32 PM by hans1966 »
"Enjoying my SX600, and moving step by step through the journey of life"

Offline chuckeys123

« Reply #2 on: September 22, 2022, 12:41:19 AM »
thanks for your tips, and nice job on your youtube tune!

Offline hans1966

« Reply #3 on: September 22, 2022, 01:27:02 AM »
I'm glad I can help.

Thank you very much for your kind words.

I like your music, and you make an excellent duet with that girl.

Congratulations, and I wish you much success

Cheers

Hans
"Enjoying my SX600, and moving step by step through the journey of life"