Author Topic: opening files again  (Read 2694 times)

Offline freeplay

opening files again
« on: September 21, 2022, 11:01:53 AM »
Hi Everyone. Eileen, i was looking at a older post of yours and i think i have been asking for the wrong  file. I was after all  the songs that come with the tyros 5 so i can put them on a usb and keep them. someone asked for the same thing, but i lost the site.
kind regards Margaret

Offline EileenL

Re: opening files again
« Reply #1 on: September 21, 2022, 03:26:47 PM »
Hello Margaret,
  There are no actual songs that come with Tyros, only the demo songs but these can not be saved for copy-write purposes.
   The Music finder only contains song titles and a link to the style that is thought suitable to play this with,
 also using the style OTS. The file can not be physically opened to show content. It must be loaded into the keyboard for this to happen.
  When you first get the keyboard it only has about 130 files on it. You can then go to the download site and get the full set which is around 1800. This can only be viewed when loaded.

Offline freeplay

« Reply #2 on: September 22, 2022, 03:34:21 AM »
Hi Eileen . Oh thanks for that. do  i go to the yamaha site to download them.
Kind regards Margaret

Offline EileenL

« Reply #3 on: September 22, 2022, 06:03:54 PM »

Offline freeplay

« Reply #4 on: September 23, 2022, 07:10:19 AM »
Hi Eileen. First thank you so much for being so patient with me. That was exactly what i was after, but when i downloaded it and unzipped it , i put it onto my usb stick, it came on my tyros but said wasnt loaded properly. Any idea what i am doing wrong.

Kindest regards Margaret

Offline overover

« Reply #5 on: September 23, 2022, 10:16:10 AM »
Hi Eileen. First thank you so much for being so patient with me. That was exactly what i was after, but when i downloaded it and unzipped it , i put it onto my usb stick, it came on my tyros but said wasnt loaded properly. Any idea what i am doing wrong.

Kindest regards Margaret

Hi Margaret,

Eileen's download in Reply #3 (file name "Tyros 5 Music Finder.zip") is obviously NOT a Tyros5 MusicFinder file (.mfd), but the download contains Registration Bank files (.rgt). Presumably these are intended for use on the Genos and therefore cannot be loaded on the Tyros5.

You can download the original Tyros5 Music Finder file (over 1800 entries) here:
>>> https://usa.yamaha.com/support/updates/61011_en.html

There is also a German Music Finder file from Yamaha (728 entries):
>>> https://de.yamaha.com/files/download/other_assets/6/313096/Music-Finder-Eintraege-fuer-Tyros5.zip

Best regards,
Chris
➪ Everyone kept saying "That won't work!" - Then someone came along who didn't know that and just did it.
➪ Never put the manual too far away: There's more in it than you think! ;-)

Offline freeplay

« Reply #6 on: September 23, 2022, 01:36:58 PM »
 Hi Chris. I will try and load it tomorrow,it is getting a bit late here now. i will let you know how i go

Kind regards Margaret

Offline mikf

« Reply #7 on: September 23, 2022, 03:01:23 PM »
You can also access the MFD file (with proper song names)  for T5 on the PSR Tutorial site.
Click on the link at the top right of the forum, then go to lessons. Scroll down and there is a link to MusicFinder. Click on it and then scroll down to the table of files for different models. Select the mfd file for T5 from the list in the box, not the pdf text file.
Mike

Offline EileenL

« Reply #8 on: September 23, 2022, 03:20:20 PM »
So sorry Margaret I posted the wrong file. It is one I have done for genos owners to make things easier to find as Genos uses a new system called Play List.
Use the link to download that Chris has posted.

Offline freeplay

« Reply #9 on: September 24, 2022, 03:47:01 AM »
Thank you for your replys. I have come to the same problem. Both the tyros 5 on the this site and the download on the yamaha web site wont open. they keep asking me what app i want to open them with. I have unzipped the one on yamaha. i may have to get a computor guy out to see if he can sort it out. Eileen do you have the one for tyros 5 as the one you did send opened out fine on the keyboard but just couldnt read it of course if it was for the genos.

Thank you all again so much
Kind regards margaret

Offline Fred Smith

« Reply #10 on: September 24, 2022, 04:47:05 AM »
Thank you for your replys. I have come to the same problem. Both the tyros 5 on the this site and the download on the yamaha web site wont open. they keep asking me what app i want to open them with. I have unzipped the one on yamaha. i may have to get a computor guy out to see if he can sort it out. Eileen do you have the one for tyros 5 as the one you did send opened out fine on the keyboard but just couldnt read it of course if it was for the genos.

You don’t open the file on your computer. You use the computer to unzip the file, then copy the mfd to a usb stick. Your keyboard will be able to open it from there. If you like what you see, you can copy it to your hard drive.

Cheers,
Fref
Fred Smith,
Saskatoon, SK
Sun Lakes, AZ
Genos, Bose L1 compacts, Finale 2015
Check out my Registration Lessons

The following users thanked this post: freeplay

Offline EileenL

« Reply #11 on: September 24, 2022, 11:36:46 AM »
Hello Margaret,
  As I have said all along you Can Not open this file on the computer. It must be loaded into the keyboard via USB stick then selecting Music Finder and then select Append. Instructions will be in your manual for this.
  There is nothing wrong with your computer and you will get this message because the file is not meant to be opened on a computer. Once in your keyboard you can then see the content.

The following users thanked this post: freeplay