Author Topic: style drum part no sound  (Read 1529 times)

Offline sugarplumsss

style drum part no sound
« on: September 20, 2022, 11:41:37 AM »
a friend is considering selling his t5 . he hasn’t played it in a while and we noticed the drum styles are not making sound . the volume is on. the 2 rhythm parts are turned on, all parts are turned on, yet no drum styles!
can you think of what might cause the no sound in the drum styles ?
thank you ,
I use T4 as a drum machine. Playing my own acmp and bass. MIDI songs are my latest interest. If anyone wishes to share knowledge on MIDI songs let me know.

Offline EileenL

Re: style drum part no sound
« Reply #1 on: September 20, 2022, 05:01:45 PM »
Check the drum tracks are not set to Sub out.

The following users thanked this post: sugarplumsss

Offline sugarplumsss

« Reply #2 on: September 20, 2022, 08:58:58 PM »
Eileen
your intuition was right on
thank you
I use T4 as a drum machine. Playing my own acmp and bass. MIDI songs are my latest interest. If anyone wishes to share knowledge on MIDI songs let me know.

Online overover

« Reply #3 on: September 20, 2022, 10:09:34 PM »
Yes, Eileen had the right idea. :)

By the way, with earlier models (up to Tyros4) a sub-out routing is only active if plugs were actually connected to the relevant sub-out jacks. I.e. if nothing is connected to the sub-outs, all parts are automatically output via the main-outs again.)

As of Tyros5, Yamaha changed this behavior for reasons unknown to me, i.e. even if nothing is connected to the sub-out jacks, parts routed there are removed from the main mix.

Since the sub-out routing can be changed by registrations, I recommend creating at least one setup registration with the standard line-out routing (all parts to the main outs) and having it ready so that the standard routing can be restored quickly if necessary.

Best regards,
Chris
➪ Everyone kept saying "That won't work!" - Then someone came along who didn't know that and just did it.
➪ Never put the manual too far away: There's more in it than you think! ;-)

The following users thanked this post: sugarplumsss