Author Topic: Saving Part 1+Part2+Part3 voice in MIDI file.  (Read 1639 times)

Offline JAKIV

Saving Part 1+Part2+Part3 voice in MIDI file.
« on: September 19, 2022, 03:07:47 PM »
Hey
Does anyone know if you can save the 3 Voice sounds Part 1 + Part 2 + Part 3 with a midi file.
Every time I change the Midi file, I have to manually find the new sounds in Part 1-3 that I want to play myself.
I also have to manually set the volume for each song each time for the 3 Part sounds.
Would be smart if the settings could be saved in the midi file.
/JAKIV

Offline Fred Smith

Re: Saving Part 1+Part2+Part3 voice in MIDI file.
« Reply #1 on: September 19, 2022, 03:15:14 PM »
Hey
Does anyone know if you can save the 3 Voice sounds Part 1 + Part 2 + Part 3 with a midi file.
Every time I change the Midi file, I have to manually find the new sounds in Part 1-3 that I want to play myself.
I also have to manually set the volume for each song each time for the 3 Part sounds.
Would be smart if the settings could be saved in the midi file.
/JAKIV

The three right voices are always saved in a midi file. Yes, you can set the volume for each voice (each track and channel in fact). So it must be the procedure you're following to change the midi file. Tell us more about that.

Cheers,
Fred
Fred Smith,
Saskatoon, SK
Sun Lakes, AZ
Genos, Bose L1 compacts, Finale 2015
Check out my Registration Lessons

Offline overover

« Reply #2 on: September 19, 2022, 06:08:05 PM »
Hi JAKIV,

usually, Registrations are used to quickly recall Right/Left Voices along with a Style and/or a MIDI file.

However, you can also save the Keyboard Voice settings directly with the MIDI file. To do this, first set everything up as desired (in the Mixer) and then go to "MIDI Multi Recording". There you go to "Setup" and make sure that next to the 7 boxes "Voice" to "Tempo" also the "Keyboard Voice" box is ticked. Then touch "Execute" and resave the MIDI file.

By the way, using the Data List ("Parameter Chart" section) of your keyboard model, you can see exactly which parameters are saved to the MIDI Song file via the "Keyboard Voice" option (and of course what is saved to OTS or what can be saved to Registrations).

Hope this helps!

Best regards,
Chris
➪ Everyone kept saying "That won't work!" - Then someone came along who didn't know that and just did it.
➪ Never put the manual too far away: There's more in it than you think! ;-)

The following users thanked this post: JAKIV

Offline JAKIV

« Reply #3 on: September 20, 2022, 01:29:33 PM »
Hi
I'm embarrassed that I can't see through this.
Normally I think I'm good at manuals and self-study, but this won't work for me.
Almost need a step by step guide.
Here's what I do.
1. Press RECORDING and select "Multi Recording"
2. Press BAR "New Song"
3. Find, select and Open Midi file.
4. Press "Menu" and Select Mixer.
5. Open"Panel" in Topbar.
6. Choose a sound for Right 1 + Right 2 + Right 3
7. Adjust Volume for Right 1 + Right 2 + Right 3 to 30% - 30% - 15%
8. Select Setup and tick all options.
9. Press Save and Save here and Overwrite = Yes.
10. Exit, Exit, Exit
11. To be shure it's working, I shut down the Yamaha PSR-SX700
12. Restarting Yamaha PSR-SX700
13. Press Song Player
14. Find, select and Open the same Midi file.
15. Open Mixer to verify that Volume is correct on Right 1 + Right 2 + Right 3
16 It's not. All 3 stand at 100% in volume.

If in point 11 I do not switch off the Keyboard but choose to play some Styles instead, the same result is produced.
When I come back to the Midi file, the volume is at 100% again for the 3 sounds.

Anyone able to figure out the solution?

Best regards
JAKIV

Offline overover

« Reply #4 on: September 20, 2022, 02:18:20 PM »
Hi JAKIV,

First of all, in the "Setup" window, you normally should not tick all boxes, but only the top 7 boxes and additionally the "Keyboard Voice" box. The other options/boxes should only be ticked if you really need them.

Important: Keyboard Voice events can be stored at any time position in the MIDI file. Therefore, make sure that the Song is "at the beginning" (to be on the safe side, touch the SONG STOP button in the MIDI Multi Recording display).

And please don't forget to touch "Execute" button before re-saving the file. This is the only way to write the changes to the MIDI file.

Note: If you memorize MIDI files in Registrations, make sure that these files are NOT saved with any Keyboard Voice events. (In this case, the "Keyboard Voice" box must NOT be ticked when you re-save MIDI files.)

By the way, removing Keyboard Voice Meta Events from MIDI files is also possible directly on the keyboard, but it's the easiest way to use the PC (Windows) program "PSRUTI" for this:
>>> https://heikoplate.de/psruti.html

Best regards,
Chris
« Last Edit: September 20, 2022, 02:23:06 PM by overover »
➪ Everyone kept saying "That won't work!" - Then someone came along who didn't know that and just did it.
➪ Never put the manual too far away: There's more in it than you think! ;-)

Offline JAKIV

« Reply #5 on: September 20, 2022, 08:33:36 PM »
Hi

Can see that I was missing point no. 9 with Execute, which I also executed. :-)

quote.-Note:
If you memorize MIDI files in Registrations, make sure that these files are NOT saved with any Keyboard Voice events.
(In this case, the "Keyboard Voice" box must NOT be ticked when you re-save MIDI files.)

I'm not sure I understand about "memorize MIDI files in Registrations", which I don't think I do from my guide.

But maybe I'm misunderstanding something.

Yes, PSRUTI is really good, and I'm using it a lot.

Initially, I just wanted the 3 sounds and volume saved into the midi file, so that when I load the midi file, the 3 sounds and volume are correct and ready to play, as when I saved the midi file.

If I save the sound setup in one of the 8 Registrations Memory (e.g. no. 7) and save it together with the midi file, the midi file must load the Registration Memory and select the right number in the Registration Memory, no. 7, which I saved in the midi file.

If I have to remember which Registration Memory no. I have to use for each Midi file, it doesn't make much sense to me.

In fact, I would think that I could save all Midi files with different sound settings in Registration Memory no. 1, as the information is loaded every time I download a new Midi file.
But as I said, maybe I'm misunderstanding something :-)

1. Press RECORDING and select "Multi Recording"
2. Press BAR "New Song"
3. Find, select and Open Midi file.
4. Press "Menu" and Select Mixer.
5. Open"Panel" in Topbar.
6. Choose a sound for Right 1 + Right 2 + Right 3
7. Adjust Volume for Right 1 + Right 2 + Right 3 to 30% - 30% - 15%
8. Select Setup and tick all options.
9 Press Execute
10. Press Save and Save here and Overwrite = Yes.
11. Exit, Exit, Exit
12. To be shure it's working, I shut down the Yamaha PSR-SX700
13. Restarting Yamaha PSR-SX700
14. Press Song Player
15. Find, select and Open the same Midi file.
16. Open Mixer to verify that Volume is correct on Right 1 + Right 2 + Right 3
17 It's not. All 3 stand at 100% in volume.

Offline JAKIV

« Reply #6 on: September 25, 2022, 12:10:02 PM »
Solved
My PSR-SX700 had a Firmware version V1.01
After I updated it to version V1.11 it works much better. 
Thanks for the various suggestions and help.
/ JAKIV

Richard-1973

« Reply #7 on: September 25, 2022, 08:02:45 PM »
Thank you Jakiv,
i am new here and i was trying to figure this out also  :)