Author Topic: Sx900 firmware expectations  (Read 3054 times)

Jabran.jibbi

Sx900 firmware expectations
« on: September 19, 2022, 10:09:00 AM »
Hi everyone i am very curious to know that are we expecting a major firmware update for psr-sx900/700 series from the developers like Yamaha did for Geno's ver2.0.
Regards.....

Offline EileenL

Re: Sx900 firmware expectations
« Reply #1 on: September 19, 2022, 04:55:14 PM »
I don't think they will do this on the SX series. It already has chord looper and new styles.

Offline Christopher Fernandes

« Reply #2 on: October 11, 2022, 08:39:16 AM »
SX600 has some extras styles and also a couple features the rest of the SX lineup doesn't have - the Unison & Accent feature. Considering SX700/900 are more superior to SX600 and it's mostly a software feature, it only makes sense for Yamaha to add these features to the flagship SX keyboards too.
Current Instruments: Yamaha PSR-SX900/Epiphone DR100 AG

Gear: Yamaha KS-SW100 Subwoofer

Past Instruments: PSR-E413
Played: All Yamaha PSR-S, KORG PA700

Offline rgw

« Reply #3 on: October 11, 2022, 03:08:00 PM »
Yes, and I agree with you Christopher

Smart Chord is also included on the lower range keyboard and would be a useful software update for the SX900.

Richard.

Offline BogdanH

« Reply #4 on: October 11, 2022, 04:50:54 PM »
Me too, I agree with you Christopher.. I mean, don't we all wish keyboard we bough would become better?

But that won't happen. Besides keyboard, I also had some other Yamaha products.. and Yamaha never implements new features. Firmware updates only serve one purpose: to fix bugs (read: if something doesn't work as intended).
Genos was quite an exception: besides fixing bugs with firmware, some other features were added . But in my opinion, that was not because Yamaha would "listen to customers" -it was pure business decision (to be competitive on market).

Speaking for me (SX700), I see nothing significant that could be improved with firmware. More preset styles and voices? Well, half of existing ones are crap anyway.. so, no thanks. As for interface and workflow, it works fine for me and I can do anything that comes to my (limited) mind. However, what I wish to be better, can't be done with firmware. For example: better keybed quality, faster and more flexible packs installation, USB audio interface, Line out (SX900 has it),.. etc. In short, if I wish/need all that, I need to buy another keyboard.

So, the only thing that will happen one day is: new SX710/910 model.

Just sharing my thoughts,
Bogdan
PSR-SX700 on K&M-18820 stand
Playing for myself on Youtube

Offline hans1966

« Reply #5 on: October 12, 2022, 05:01:19 AM »
Hi Guys, I also agree with all of you.

I have my Sx900, and although I really enjoy its voices and styles, I feel that I lack quality tools in Creator Cancio, for example: piano roll editor, master track to record changes of time, volume, pan etc. and a good audio recorder with at least 8 tracks

Cheers

Hans
« Last Edit: October 12, 2022, 05:04:45 AM by hans1966 »
"Enjoying my SX600, and moving step by step through the journey of life"