Author Topic: Style Mixer Slider window revisited  (Read 13085 times)

Offline DerekA

Re: Style Mixer Slider window revisited
« Reply #100 on: November 21, 2022, 04:59:03 PM »
I restored all my Genos files from my backed up files but have come to realize that none of my Right 1 reverb settings have been restored. They are all set to Real Medium Hall +. It's as though all my Right 1 reverb settings have been wiped clean!!

Not totally sure what you mean there - the master Reverb type is stored with the Style group, it can't differ by part - only an insertion effect type can be associated with a specific part.
Genos

« Reply #101 on: November 21, 2022, 05:53:15 PM »
That's probably my answer, thanks Derek. I'll check the Master Reverb. It's probably Yamaha's default, which was loaded after the hardware trouble shooting exercise. Never thought of that 🙃.
"Learn" your music correctly, then "practice" it. Don't practice mistakes because you'll learn them.

Offline EileenL

« Reply #102 on: November 21, 2022, 10:41:05 PM »
Hi Lee
 It is just a thought but when you updated to version two did you do as we were all told and that was to make a note of any settings we have saved in the Backup Restore files as it was not possible to load them in with version two. You had to redo them and then save again. This may be why you have lost some of your settings.

Thanks for trying the registration banks. You will need to resave all your banks because if you don't your problem will keep happening. It dose the same on my keyboard if I load a bank that I have not altered. Fortunately, it only takes a couple of minuets to resave the bank buttons and then resave the whole bank.

« Reply #103 on: November 22, 2022, 01:57:41 AM »
Good ideas, as usual Eileen.

I agree with you on the resaving idea. I need to adjust ALL registrations and save them all over again. Only then will they behave as expected, hopefully. I honestly think whatever Yamaha did to the operating system after 2.0, they really made it tough for us who didn't save our registrations correctly. I never had an issue like this with any of my prior keyboards. I'm really disappointed in Yamaha and how they've thrown us this curve ball. What's equally disturbing is how the operating system behaves during updates. You loose all your core setups. This never happens with conventional computer operating systems.

Yamaha needs to re-visit how their operating systems are configured so that nightmares like this don't happen!!
"Learn" your music correctly, then "practice" it. Don't practice mistakes because you'll learn them.

Offline EileenL

« Reply #104 on: November 22, 2022, 01:45:33 PM »
Hello Lee,
I have never had an update change anything on my keyboard. All my effects I use are saved in my registrations anyway so are always there to recall. Version two was different because the whole system was updated and extra memory added but we were told in advance what we needed to do to avoid any problems afterwards.

« Reply #105 on: November 22, 2022, 02:33:50 PM »
I think you hit the nail on the head long ago, Eileen. Having brought all these registrations through several PSR and Tyros keyboards, there's been ample opportunity for corruption. Traditionally, I've always loaded earlier registrations on a new keyboard and just tweaked them with the new voices. For the most part, it has worked but a few things have gone wrong, causing wide-spread unwanted results like I'm seeing now.

After Christmas, I have a lull. I'm going to log all my registration details and rebuild them from scratch. That will solve my problem. Meanwhile, thanks for all your help along the way 😀! That goes for everyone too!

« Reply #106 on: November 22, 2022, 03:38:03 PM »
One further thought...

If I'm about to embark on recreating all my registrations, would anyone be willing to share their current template? I can create my own but I'd like to see what others are doing so that I don't overlook something. This is no small project, so I want to get it right the first time. Many thanks!