Author Topic: Insertion Effects  (Read 1443 times)

Offline brucerez

Insertion Effects
« on: September 15, 2022, 01:00:16 AM »
Hi,

I just noticed the Chorus/Reverb effects are global and can be used for style tracks and/or right hands parts (R1,R2,R3) at the same time.

The problem I have is the following:
I have some registrations that use the global Chorus/Reverb and every time I switch to another style, then the registration effects are affected by the same Chorus or Reverb that are assigned to the recalled style.

So I decided not using the chorus/reverb for my Registration (R1,R2,R3) and instead using the Insertion effects.

Question:
1- Is it possible to assign a Chorus and a Reverb through the Insertion effects to, let's say R1 part at the same time?
2- How many Insertion effect can we assign, at the same time, to the right hand parts R1, R2 or R3?

Thank you

Offline johan

Re: Insertion Effects
« Reply #1 on: September 15, 2022, 08:24:27 AM »
You can apply all 5 insertion effect to the same voice ans so you can also use them to add chorus and reverb to one individual voice. The system effect chorus and reverb are indeed defined by the style.
SX700 and S670
Former keyboard: E433, E463

Offline brucerez

« Reply #2 on: September 15, 2022, 05:13:24 PM »
You can apply all 5 insertion effect to the same voice ans so you can also use them to add chorus and reverb to one individual voice. The system effect chorus and reverb are indeed defined by the style.

Thank you Johan for your reply.
I assigned 3 different Insertion effects to R1 and saved on OTS but when I checked back 2 of the Insertion effects are gone/Off and only one of them is saved .

Offline johan

« Reply #3 on: September 15, 2022, 06:14:29 PM »
I think this is a limitation of the OTS format. Try to save in a registration instead.
SX700 and S670
Former keyboard: E433, E463

Offline brucerez

« Reply #4 on: September 15, 2022, 11:09:29 PM »
I think this is a limitation of the OTS format. Try to save in a registration instead.

I just noticed that we can add and save more than one Insertion effect for right hands parts in Registration.
I personally use Registration differently (use as extra voices adding to my OTS), however I use OTS. It's more convenient for me because when I load a style, four OTS are loaded with it and ready to play.

I hope one day Yamaha will remove this limitation and others in PSR series comparing to other brands.

Thanks anyway
« Last Edit: September 15, 2022, 11:10:31 PM by brucerez »

Offline ckobu

« Reply #5 on: September 16, 2022, 04:34:31 AM »
Hi,
OTS remembers only one DSP and this is the principle on all Yamaha arrangers. And at Genos.
The number of insert effects depends on the keyboard model, more expensive models - more DSP on one part.
You can lock the Maser Reverb and prevent it from changing together with the Stylo. Utilitty > Parameter Lock > tick Reverb Type

Watch this video, turn on English subtitles
https://youtu.be/zuXxXAA2Xjo

Offline brucerez

« Reply #6 on: September 16, 2022, 08:36:59 PM »
Hi,
OTS remembers only one DSP and this is the principle on all Yamaha arrangers. And at Genos.
The number of insert effects depends on the keyboard model, more expensive models - more DSP on one part.
You can lock the Maser Reverb and prevent it from changing together with the Stylo. Utilitty > Parameter Lock > tick Reverb Type

Watch this video, turn on English subtitles
https://youtu.be/zuXxXAA2Xjo

Thanks ckobu for the explanation and video link.
I've watched the video of Casper, helpful.
I will try again the effects section to understand better their relation between styles tracks and right hand parts.
By the way my keyboard is PSR-A5000.