Author Topic: Keeping My Genos Keyboard  (Read 8928 times)

Mike2

Keeping My Genos Keyboard
« on: September 13, 2022, 10:25:37 PM »
After months of feedback from everyone regarding a new Genos 2, I have decided at 73 yrs. old that I will not upgrade to the next Yamaha Genos 2, or whatever it is called. Not because I don't enjoy the next upgrade, to the next Yamaha Genos 2.  I just started laying the one I have , the Genos 1, I guess they can call it, and I have zeroed in on everything this keyboard offers, and have found out, that this keyboard that I now owned, I haven't discovered 75% of what this keyboard has to offer. My point being, what will the next Genos have to offer besides, more advanced technology, that I can't personally discover, if with the Genos I now have, there are so many undiscoverd sounds, rhythms, and and so may more joys, that i can't see now with what I have.

The following users thanked this post: RONBO, Dutchman

Offline BogdanH

Re: Keeping My Genos Keyboard
« Reply #1 on: September 14, 2022, 10:02:48 AM »
Very wise way of thinking, Mike.
Once we realize, that keyboard that we have, offers more than we are capable to exploit, it just makes no sense to buy a newer one. Still, we do that sometimes (if we can afford). There might be "justified" reasons for that, though. It can be a single feature, that our current keyboard doesn't have and after a while, we miss that feature every time when playing. That feature might not be that important to others, but it is for us. And so, even we don't use 75% of features on existing keyboard, we start looking for "better" one. And after we make a switch, it happens quite often, that we realize, that particular feature was more a wish than need -an excuse to buy a new shiny keyboard. On the other hand, if we make the right decision by buying new keyboard, it might open new doors for our "creativity". And most important: we enjoy using it -and that's what matters most.

Just sharing my thoughts,
Bogdan
PSR-SX700 on K&M-18820 stand
Playing for myself on Youtube

Offline EileenL

« Reply #2 on: September 14, 2022, 10:36:10 AM »
Well at 86 I am beginning to think the same. Genos has everything you need to play lovely music. So many lovely sound combinations can be made and some lovely backing styles to go with it. I will wait until I see one to finely decide.

Offline mikf

« Reply #3 on: September 14, 2022, 11:46:54 AM »
Actually that's normal regardless of age. Model to model the changes are often quite incremental, and most people would not feel a strong need to spend the money to upgrade - except for the fun of a new toy if they have the money to burn :D.
As I have said many times, if Yamaha had to depend on existing Genos owners upgrading every model they would probably not do very well. Most sales are always going to come from completely new buyers, people with much older models, or much lower spec models who feel the time has come to step up a bunch.
From that standpoint this forum can be misleading, because there are some real expert users here who know and use every feature, and can be critical of some features they feel are missing, or dont work well. But that is not the case for the average arranger buyer.
Mike

Offline Toril S

« Reply #4 on: September 14, 2022, 12:35:51 PM »
I think the same. Genos is superb.
Toril S

Genos, Tyros 5, PSR S975, PSR 2100
and PSR-47.
Former keyboards: PSR-S970.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCLVwWdb36Yd3LMBjAnm6pTQ?view_as=subscriber

Toril's PSR Performer Page

The following users thanked this post: Jagannath

Jeff Hollande

« Reply #5 on: September 14, 2022, 06:25:47 PM »
I fully understand why ( many ) players have absolutely no intention to upgrade.

Money or the latest technology are not always the reason why musicians prefer to keep their music instrument.

When a musician is very happy with her/his instrument why should she/he kill a winning horse ?

Have fun !

JH
« Last Edit: September 14, 2022, 06:32:10 PM by Jeff Hollande »

Offline JohnS

« Reply #6 on: September 14, 2022, 06:39:01 PM »
I have had my Tyros 5 for quite a few years and I am happy with it.

I recently bought a Tyros 4 Special Edition for our holiday home.

The difference between these two keyboards is incremental, and when some owners say that the Tyros4 was the better keyboard, I won't argue.

I am perfectly happy with my keyboards, and the fact that the high cost of exchanging for a Genos is still in my pocket.
I have a Tyros5/76 & Tyros4 SE XL.
My keyboard holds every song ever written. I just have to find them.

Offline Dutchman

« Reply #7 on: September 14, 2022, 07:21:25 PM »
I completely agree, I'm (only) 56 but I don't have any intention of upgrading either, the Genos is awesome and just as many others I haven't found out the biggest portion of what it's capable of yet.
Although I think I held on a bit to long onto my previous keyboard, I got the Genos almost a year ago after playing my Psr3000 for 15 years, the difference was staggering to say the least!!

Mike2

« Reply #8 on: September 14, 2022, 08:28:22 PM »
Another thing for me, with all the upgrades I have done, with the Technics keyboards, all of them, and going from the Yamaha Tyros 5 to the Genos which was an amazing jump in technology. I can see improvement in technology and everything the keyboard will do for you, but I can't see how the voices will be so improved, I mean how much better can you make a sax sound or strings?  Yes I understand it will most likely be better, but won't the new Genos 2 owners be right back to where they are right now in a year or two, wishing for the next upgrade. I cannot afford for myself to upgrade, and spend that kind of money, for a few better voices, and rhythms and yes for those who are very professional players, the more technogy the better. In the end for me, it's all about playing. If i can improve myself with the Genos 1 that I have, that will be another jump for me, without cost.

Offline J. Larry

« Reply #9 on: September 14, 2022, 09:21:33 PM »
But, for all the contented nay sayers, what if the next iteration of Genos presents some breakthrough features that no one has thought of, or imagined (yet), that will make it irresistible?

Offline ton37

« Reply #10 on: September 14, 2022, 09:58:36 PM »
That's what I think too! (an SX900). And that's what I thought in all those years with the Technics 800, 1000, 2000, 3000, 5000, 6000, 7000. Then with the Yamaha T5, the S770 and S975, the Genos. And the Sx900 is now again the last for me, right?? What is wrong with me, do I need help or something? :D
« Last Edit: September 14, 2022, 10:02:30 PM by ton37 »
My best regards,
Ton

Offline Toril S

« Reply #11 on: September 14, 2022, 10:07:32 PM »
If it can fly I will buy it😀
Toril S

and PSR-47.

Jeff Hollande

« Reply #12 on: September 14, 2022, 10:12:49 PM »
But, for all the contented nay sayers, what if the next iteration of Genos presents some breakthrough features that no one has thought of, or imagined (yet), that will make it irresistible?

If the Genos2 will be an arranger keyboard that will surprise the entire keyboard world then it will become a commercial success, IMO.

JH
« Last Edit: September 14, 2022, 10:14:01 PM by Jeff Hollande »

Offline mikf

« Reply #13 on: September 14, 2022, 10:29:55 PM »
I think this technology is at the plateau phase. It will continue to be refined, but breakthrough…. Not too likely.
Mike

Mike2

« Reply #14 on: September 14, 2022, 10:52:48 PM »
But will the breakthrough be worth 3 to $4000 or more to get that breakthrough. For me, I don't read music, and I love different styles to play with. Once again, how many more styles does one need? You still need to play the keyboard, and once again if I can
better myself with the Genos 1, this will most definitely give myself a breakthrough without any cost. I think many of us like myself, get bored to quickly with what we have. But one's decision to improve their keyboard is totally up to them. I have done it myself so many times.

Offline lmederos

« Reply #15 on: September 15, 2022, 12:40:19 AM »
This is a subject that I've been pondering about.

I don't have a Genos ( I have an SX900 ), and although I do agree that I have barely scratched its capabilities, I am considering a second keyboard --- a synth, probably a MODX+ 7.  Not because the SX900 is insufficient for what it does, but to complement it. 

That would be the only reason I would consider any keyboard beyond the SX900.   

I did thoroughly appreciate the comments here, as it made me think through.

Thanks all!

-- Luis

PSR-SX900

The following users thanked this post: Stuart L

« Reply #16 on: September 15, 2022, 09:59:40 AM »
I think this technology is at the plateau phase. It will continue to be refined, but breakthrough…. Not too likely.
Mike
I personally find that a lot of VST sounds are far better than Genos sounds. But a sequencer on a computer is not an arranger. 
So for me, there is always a lot of room for sound improvement on Genos2 with bigger samples, better algorithms, more CPU, more RAMs, quicker disks ....
« Last Edit: September 16, 2022, 10:02:51 AM by soundphase »

Jeff Hollande

« Reply #17 on: September 15, 2022, 03:14:16 PM »
Mike

If your expections will come true, Mike, I am wondering if there might be a chance Genos' owners will have the intention to upgrade ?
In my perception Yamaha will launch a new high end arranger that will beat the Korg PA5X.

Best wishes, JH

« Last Edit: September 15, 2022, 03:15:37 PM by Jeff Hollande »

Mike2

« Reply #18 on: September 15, 2022, 08:21:15 PM »
I have no doubt that Yamaha will launch a new high end arranger keyboard. Better everything. But for me and many others on this forum, better doesn't always meet our expectations, like all these added features, that are rewarding to more advance players and musicians, but not necessary maybe most of us.  I never like to say never, but right now with reality being more of a concern at my age, and probably the first time in my 5 year ownership of this Genos, I have so much more to learn from what I have already paid for with this Genos.  Once again in no way am I discouraging upgrade, for I have done it many, many times myself.  I think maybe this time is not the answer for me to upgrade, for technology is getting way ahead of myself, and maybe with a genos 2, I would be further back...Just my opinion...

Offline usaraiya

« Reply #19 on: September 16, 2022, 04:09:15 AM »
Jeff,

You are worried that Yamaha may lose its rightful place as holding the "throne" rather than enjoying the wonderful KBs that both Yamaha & Korg are producing.

The competition makes better KBs that all of us can enjoy. Yamaha's TOTL arranger is followed by an allegedly improved Korg arranger, and a KORG TOTL arranger is followed by a reportedly improved Yamaha arranger, both being a WIN-WIN situation for all of us who want to enjoy the best of both worlds, and what's wrong with that?

Now, it does not matter who sits on the throne, so to speak, as the products are what matters, and if one is happy with the Tyros 4, all this discussion is water under the bridge, as what works for you is REALLY what matters!

Just my 2 cents.

:)

Uday

Jeff Hollande

« Reply #20 on: September 16, 2022, 08:06:38 AM »
Hey Uday :

I agree with your kind words. Thank you !

Being a Yamaha follower/admirer for many years, I am always hoping Yamaha are showing something unique that keeps Yamaha's leading position.

And ... you are absolutely right, for the time being there is no reason for me to replace my lovely, new looking Tyros4.
It takes many years to discover all the applications and secrets of this arranger keyboard and ... I am still learning a lot. ;)

I am also a frequent Yamaha XGW program user, a very old editing midi program that ended in 2002 but still the best Yamaha midi editing program ever made, IMHO.
And some other additional audio DAW programs are making a dream come true ( in my eyes ). Enough new software to play with.  :D

As I said many times before, an arranger keyboard is in the first place a music instrument for me whatever the computer technology might bring.
In most cases we see partly a software upgrade and other changes but ... why should I kill a winning horse ?

Being a guitar player for more than 65 years, I am an old fashioned and traditional music player ... the quality of my instruments is much more important than their age.
I love my instruments and it is not easy for me to say goodbye to one of my music instruments. If they cannot be repaired I am forced to buy another one though.  ???

I really respect and support other people who prefer to own the newest arranger every time it is shown in the market. Why not ?
It is always very interesting and funny to read their experiences and/or comments.  ;D

Best regards, JH 

« Last Edit: September 16, 2022, 09:32:03 AM by Jeff Hollande »

« Reply #21 on: September 16, 2022, 10:02:57 PM »
Historically, whenever I've upgraded to the newer model, I've looked for better styles, better sounds, smoother OS, and the like. If Yamaha wants to destroy Korg's 5X, they need to make the pianos, e.pianos, and organs far better. For the special voices like sax, strings, brass etc...lean more toward VST sounds. All they need is larger memory chips.

For the styles, they need to stop re-purposing the old ones. There must be some newer approaches to these old styles that they can bring to the table. Round robin technology would be a welcome change. A decent external style creator would also be wonderful. The current one is clunky and too convoluted. I'm perfectly capable of creating song-specific styles. The current method is too time consuming and restrictive. I hate it! When software is clumsy to use, it destroys creativity. You can't get anything done when productivity is inhibited by poorly designed software.
"Learn" your music correctly, then "practice" it. Don't practice mistakes because you'll learn them.

The following users thanked this post: sugarplumsss

keynote

« Reply #22 on: September 18, 2022, 09:08:45 PM »

Quite right, Larry. No doubt about it the current Genos is top-shelf material but Yamaha always seems to bring new exciting features, functions, and better sounds with each new release and I expect Genos 2 will entice, or rather, encourage many keyboardists to jump on the bandwagon after Yammie's official announcement. Seamless Sound Switching will likely be on the ticket as well as a 61-key version and also including perhaps a tilting screen (perhaps motorized, perhaps not) which was quite popular during the Tyros series. A new improved LCD/OLED Touch Display Screen(s) with better resolution would be nice. The current Black color could also be changed to Silver, Deep Blue, or Red color instead although it's anybody's guess. Yamaha has also dabbled in White regarding some models. The only downside to the current Black color on the Genos in my opinion is it's kinda hard to see your way around in low-light situations. An improved Vocal Harmonizer could also be in store. VH3. Has a nice ring to it, don't you think?  ;) And possibly directional lights for the Drawbars like the current YC-Stage Keyboard has would be a show-stopper. Lots of other cool features/functions should also be in store.  It should be around the same price as the current Genos but probably somewhat more so ($300-$500 more) because of the current inflation situation and all the new sounds and fancy features/functions. If we do see a 61-key version it might be the best option for many people since it will be less expensive and a lot of keyboardists don't need the extra real estate. We'll have to wait and see but hope springs eternal. ;D

All the best,
Mike

« Reply #23 on: September 18, 2022, 10:06:51 PM »
Quite right, Larry. No doubt about it the current Genos is top-shelf material but Yamaha always seems to bring new exciting features, functions, and better sounds with each new release and I expect Genos 2 will entice, or rather, encourage many keyboardists to jump on the bandwagon after Yammie's official announcement. Seamless Sound Switching will likely be on the ticket as well as a 61-key version and also including perhaps a tilting screen (perhaps motorized, perhaps not) which was quite popular during the Tyros series. A new improved LCD/OLED Touch Display Screen(s) with better resolution would be nice. The current Black color could also be changed to Silver, Deep Blue, or Red color instead although it's anybody's guess. Yamaha has also dabbled in White regarding some models. The only downside to the current Black color on the Genos in my opinion is it's kinda hard to see your way around in low-light situations. An improved Vocal Harmonizer could also be in store. VH3. Has a nice ring to it, don't you think?  ;) And possibly directional lights for the Drawbars like the current YC-Stage Keyboard has would be a show-stopper. Lots of other cool features/functions should also be in store.  It should be around the same price as the current Genos but probably somewhat more so ($300-$500 more) because of the current inflation situation and all the new sounds and fancy features/functions. If we do see a 61-key version it might be the best option for many people since it will be less expensive and a lot of keyboardists don't need the extra real estate. We'll have to wait and see but hope springs eternal. ;D

All the best,
Mike
I second that 👍! That would make me happy - along with much improved key voices like piano, e.piano, and organs. I'd scoop that keyboard in a heartbeat, providing Yamaha ditches ALL the cheap build crapola. Stop thinking "profit" and think "customers first." Be different than any other 21st century company. Great insight Mike.
"Learn" your music correctly, then "practice" it. Don't practice mistakes because you'll learn them.

Offline mikf

« Reply #24 on: September 19, 2022, 02:47:21 AM »
They are never going to do that Lee, without profit all commercial companies cease to exist. It’s non negotiable. But building a good product and making a profit should not be mutually exclusive.
 No reputable company in my experience ever sets out to build a bad product, but sometimes they get it wrong. Hopefully Yamaha learn from any mistakes in this product.
BTW , the Yamaha musical instruments division net income is published annually and it is fairly modest, typically in the 8-12% range, which would be considered an ok but not extraordinary performer. 
Mike,
« Last Edit: September 19, 2022, 09:56:48 AM by mikf »

« Reply #25 on: September 19, 2022, 01:25:44 PM »
Agreed, Mike. But Yamaha made decent profits from the 70s to now and held the number 1 position in many categories, without cheaping out on build quality. There is no excuse for such poor build quality. I think most would agree that 99% of the cost in building the Genos lies in the R&D and electronics. The case and buttons are cheap in comparison and are garbage compared to their predecessors. It wouldn't cost that much more to improve the physical aspects of the Genos. Yamaha commands top dollar for the Genos - even more than the Montage. Give us top quality build or reduce the price.

The following users thanked this post: sugarplumsss

Offline mikf

« Reply #26 on: September 19, 2022, 02:47:45 PM »
Lee. I don’t have a Genos, but my CVPs are very well made, and so was my PSR 3000 before that, as is my Yamaha grand piano. But from what you and other are saying Yamaha seemed to have fallen short on the robustness of the Genos. Hopefully they will address that on future TOTL arranger models.
 When you look at the reporting history, Yamaha was a very poor financial performer in the late 90s, culminating in huge losses in 2000 and resignation of the chairman. They improved, but not great, and as a result, corporate leadership changed again around 2007. They have been large steady since then, but operating income tends to be in the range of ok rather than top drawer.
I suspect their poor build quality on the Genos might have been related as much to trying to reduce weight as to increase margins. Whatever the reason it seems like something they need to address on future models.
Having said that though, I see from comments on the forum by Mark Wilburn, who I believe works with a musical instruments retailer,  that the dealers still see them as producing typically better quality than competitors.
Mike
« Last Edit: September 19, 2022, 03:56:01 PM by mikf »

« Reply #27 on: September 19, 2022, 03:19:42 PM »
Agreed, Mike. My PSR3000 was built like a tank.  So were my Tyros keyboards after that. Mechanically, the Genos is a failure in so many ways.

Jeff Hollande

« Reply #28 on: September 20, 2022, 09:27:20 AM »
Mechanically, the Genos is a failure in so many ways.

Hey Lee :

Most Genos' owners here seem to be very pleased and happy with their Genos, IMO.

Best regards, JH
« Last Edit: September 20, 2022, 10:27:03 AM by Jeff Hollande »

Offline EileenL

« Reply #29 on: September 20, 2022, 11:18:57 AM »
Pleased with mine but then I do not gig any more. Still enjoy recording and using all the features to edit and adjust things to my liking though.

« Reply #30 on: September 20, 2022, 12:58:49 PM »
Jeff and Eileen,

When the Genos is used in a home environment, it isn't usually subject to the rigorous adjustments of the live stage. You both likely know that. On stage, you often need to make rapid adjustments. Doing so can involve slightly higher pressure levels on buttons. This is not because of abuse but from musical timing requirements. If Yamaha wants to tout the Genos as a pro-level keyboard, then they need to build it so it can withstand regular gigging.

Jeff Hollande

« Reply #31 on: September 20, 2022, 02:15:27 PM »
Hey Lee :

Thank you for your fast reply.

It looks like it is not easy to solve these problems.

All the best, JH

« Reply #32 on: September 20, 2022, 03:05:13 PM »
You're welcome, Jeff.

Overall, the Genos is a stellar keyboard and for the most part the buttons are holding up but I've learned that the player must be very gentle. I never had to worry about that in earlier models 😬. I still love the sounds and that's most important. Stay well...

Mike2

« Reply #33 on: September 24, 2022, 09:33:54 PM »
With all this Ketron keyboard, I have to keep the Genos alive, the existing one or the future on this forum.  Look my 2 cents worth is this. Even if someone decides to keep their existing Genos, I have no doubt that the next Yamaha keyboard will be one, way beyond what one expects, and it's always exciting to upgrade. I have done it so many times, that I say, never say never. Once the new one comes out, and all the teasings you tube videos show, it will most certainly be hard to say, no. But that's what keeps competitions and the best going. I had many techncis keyboards, well all of them. But now after owning Yamaha, tyros 5 and the current genos, I have is now doubt that Yamaha  will remain at The Top!!

Jeff Hollande

« Reply #34 on: September 24, 2022, 10:11:14 PM »
Hi :

Recently 2 competitors have announced their new high end arranger keyboards for delivery in 2022/23.

I hope Yamaha will not wait too long before they are showing their video teaser of the Genos' successor to the public.

IMHO most ( potential ) customers would like to see and hear Yamaha's answer before the end of the year 2022.

JH
« Last Edit: September 24, 2022, 10:13:18 PM by Jeff Hollande »

Offline Toril S

« Reply #35 on: September 24, 2022, 10:27:36 PM »
I don't care about those competitors. Yamaha is the best, and Yamaha will be my choice always! If I ever upgrade, I will keep my Genos. That is because I never part with an instrument. So I am getting short of space.....
Toril S

and PSR-47.

tyrosman

« Reply #36 on: September 25, 2022, 09:25:16 AM »
Well at 86 I am beginning to think the same. Genos has everything you need to play lovely music. So many lovely sound combinations can be made and some lovely backing styles to go with it. I will wait until I see one to finely decide.
same here Eileen it take,s us ages to get it the way we want it i havent descoverd the half of it

Offline Gunnar Jonny

« Reply #37 on: September 25, 2022, 10:49:49 AM »
I don't care about those competitors. Yamaha is the best...

No, Yamaha is not the best, but it may be the best for your needs. But, I agree in that Genos is the best arranger from Yamaha so far.

I really care about competitors, and to see Korg, Ketron (and hopefully Yamaha) continue the TOTL Arranger production give me hope for those of us that love playing such instruments.
Competition is good for both the future development and differences that will suit different users, and it will be a sad story if we going to see more brands disapear from the market.

Now Korg has some great stuff going on that will be more completed before this year ends, and Ketron is on the way with a new model they call Event. If users care about how great arrangers may sound, they should make their ears ready for this one.  8)

Cheers 🥂
GJ

Offline Toril S

« Reply #38 on: September 25, 2022, 12:02:20 PM »
I sgree that competitors are good for developement.
Toril S

and PSR-47.

« Reply #39 on: September 25, 2022, 06:32:55 PM »
No, Yamaha is not the best, but it may be the best for your needs. But, I agree in that Genos is the best arranger from Yamaha so far.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

You are wrong, Yamaha IS the best. A few other manufacturers come a close second, but they are still second best.  :) You are of course entitled to your opinion even though you are wrong.  ;)
Genos2, Montage M6, Maschine Micro NI, Cubase 13, Komplete 14 Ultimate, Arturia Analog Lab, HALion7, Groove Agent 5, HS8 Speakers.

Offline usaraiya

« Reply #40 on: September 25, 2022, 09:29:41 PM »
Wow! That sure hit a nerve from our faux judge, jury & executioner!

« Reply #41 on: September 25, 2022, 10:10:37 PM »
Dear friends,

I have wrote an actual article of my personal and biggest wishes list for new generation of the Genos. I hope my option will be useful for you.

Here my article about new Genos2: https://psrstyles.com/our-blog/yamaha-keyboard-news/43-yamaha-genos-2-coming.html

Thank you So much
New Voice, Styles and Expansion Packs for yamaha Arranger Workstation Keyboards https://psrstyles.com

The following users thanked this post: RONBO

« Reply #42 on: September 25, 2022, 11:10:05 PM »
Wow! That sure hit a nerve from our faux judge, jury & executioner!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Wow!!! Thank you for your eloquent summation.  ;D As always, your thoughtful analysis and conclusion adds real clarity to a conversation. It's nice for me to hear your opinion, as you can imagine it is soooo important to me personally and I wait with bated breath for any other pearls of wisdom you might share.  ;)

Genos2, Montage M6, Maschine Micro NI, Cubase 13, Komplete 14 Ultimate, Arturia Analog Lab, HALion7, Groove Agent 5, HS8 Speakers.

Offline Toril S

« Reply #43 on: September 25, 2022, 11:18:15 PM »
Easy does it, friends😀
Toril S

and PSR-47.

Offline Drsun19

« Reply #44 on: September 25, 2022, 11:49:22 PM »
Imagine a Genos 2, Genos 3 with audio styles with the capability of modifying them in real time!
Or the possibility to use more detailed voices!
Genos, Montage 7, Alesis Vortex Wireless 2, IMac 32Gb RAM, Lenovo Legion i7, Yamaha DXR 12, Cubase 10.5, Sample Robot, Style Magic YA, Keyscape, Omnisphere.

Online RONBO

« Reply #45 on: September 26, 2022, 01:40:03 AM »
dear vitalog2010

I have read your article re a new Genos 2 and what it should include to remedy the shortcomings of the Genos that we all play at present.

It is extremely well written, packed full of terrific ideas that Yamaha should adopt when the time comes when developing this new Genos; if and when it becomes available.

You have presented your opinions clearly and factually.

Well done my friend

Regards

Ron
PSR Performer Page                                  IT'S EASY TO BE THE SHIP'S CAPTAIN WHEN THE  SEAS ARE CALM

Proud Genos2 owner

Former boards  PSR2100, PSR 910, TYROS 4,  TYROS 5 and Genos

Jeff Hollande

« Reply #46 on: September 26, 2022, 10:18:33 AM »
Hello Genos' Home Players :

In my perception I have the impression most Genos' home players are very pleased and happy with their Genos. :)
" The best arranger ever made by Yamaha "as confirmed by many Genos' owners / members of this Forum here.

It looks like these Genos' owners are not in a hurry Yamaha would present a Genos' successor very soon, am I right ?
I understand that feeling. I am still in love with my Tyros4 and ... it would be hard for me to say goodbye though.  :'(

Due to the competition pressure, it might be possible Yamaha will launch a Genos2 sooner than expected, I guess.
Wait and see.

Best wishes, JH
« Last Edit: September 26, 2022, 10:19:43 AM by Jeff Hollande »

Offline EileenL

« Reply #47 on: September 26, 2022, 11:45:27 AM »
With all the suggestions that have been made on here and then copied onto the Yamaha site I would think the poor designers are receiving therapy. If there is to be another Flag Ship then I think it will be underway by now and we must wait and see what they have decided to include. We then decide if we want to buy it. End Of.

Jeff Hollande

« Reply #48 on: September 26, 2022, 12:33:01 PM »
If there is to be another Flag Ship then I think it will be underway by now and we must wait and see what they have decided to include.

Sounds like music in my ears. Thank you so much ! :)

Best regards, JH

« Reply #49 on: September 26, 2022, 12:43:23 PM »
With all the suggestions that have been made on here and then copied onto the Yamaha site I would think the poor designers are receiving therapy. If there is to be another Flag Ship then I think it will be underway by now and we must wait and see what they have decided to include. We then decide if we want to buy it. End Of.
Excellent, Eileen. And if I may add, I'm happy to wait a lot longer for Yamaha's answer to the two new machines on the block. I don't want Yamaha to push the Genos 2 out the door long before it's been well thought out and ready for use. Most companies are doing that today and are using their customers as free usability subjects. If someone owns a Genos, they can afford to wait for Yamaha to get it right.

By the way Eileen. I'll bet Yamaha has anticipated most of our requests. There's little they haven't thought of. It's a matter of price. "Can we add that without driving the cost of this thing through the roof?" ;D