Author Topic: Availability of genos  (Read 2162 times)

Offline sugarplumsss

Availability of genos
« on: September 08, 2022, 05:41:22 PM »
Best supplier to purchase from ?
Price ?
Are they available now or is there a wait time?
How reliable have they proven to be?
I want to record midi using only the genos;
Is the drive such, that I can record MIDI for many many hours before having to
Transfer off the drive ? Are there optional drives I can purchase for recording
?
Can a mac be used to edit the material downloaded from genos ?
If mac is not really advisable which windows machine and software are ideal?
Thank you
I use T4 as a drum machine. Playing my own acmp and bass. MIDI songs are my latest interest. If anyone wishes to share knowledge on MIDI songs let me know.

Offline ton37

Re: Availability of genos
« Reply #1 on: September 08, 2022, 09:28:53 PM »
I really wonder why you want to buy and/or use an 'expensive' midi controller like the Genos. Yamaha does not excel in user-friendly midi use, despite the fact that it owns eg Cubase. A seamless midi connection would therefore be obvious, unfortunately is is not! Why not another midi controller or maybe a software solution (DAW + hardware/midi controller)? Perhaps you should clarify your question more in order to get more specific advice? I am in any case not very charmed and impressed by the midi possibilities of Yamaha (in this case: the SX900). But maybe a Genos user has different experiences with that?
My best regards,
Ton

The following users thanked this post: sugarplumsss

Offline Fred Smith

« Reply #2 on: September 08, 2022, 11:54:59 PM »
The Genos will store hundreds of hours of midi files. However, there’s the same restriction on the length of a single midi file as any of the other keyboards.

Cheers,
Fred
Fred Smith,
Saskatoon, SK
Sun Lakes, AZ
Genos, Bose L1 compacts, Finale 2015
Check out my Registration Lessons

Offline sugarplumsss

« Reply #3 on: September 09, 2022, 03:00:07 AM »
Ton37

I’m trying to stretch the dollar a crossed multiple purposes

(When the t4 finally dies. The replacement genos  is over $6500
My question(s) here was based on a single purchase solution (the  genos ) to multiple aims
Meaning no computer just the genos - maybe a computer after the hoped for songs come about.

Ok as to
Multiple solutions sought
If I skipped the genos
Could I get a stable laptop or iOS iPad solution to give me essentially a drum machine ? 12 years ago I bought the t4 essentially for the worlds most expensive drum machine ! Tyros is a fairly superior “drum machine “ for live performance.

I grew to slowly realize the t4 is more than a drum machine- I was obviously very slow here!
As a musician I would never use the tyros or genos the way it was designed to be used by majority of users  - the way most utilize it
I play all parts myself and just use the drum styles .

Over time I realized the midi song player in t4 was very useful
Even later ( don’t forget - I’m very slow with technology - but quick with
Music ) I’ve realized - for composing I could simply hit a record button and start rambling around in the keyboard in search of some useable Melodie’s and chords.

For many years I had fantasized about using a computer as drum machine   But if I just bought the expensive Genos, most of my problems would be solved

One question if I go
The genos route
How feasible is it After I record a midi song in it  to be able to transfer that midi song to any daw - whether pc or mac side ?

Edit
I spoke to a local dealer and he may be able to help me get the genos
« Last Edit: September 09, 2022, 04:43:48 AM by sugarplumsss »
I use T4 as a drum machine. Playing my own acmp and bass. MIDI songs are my latest interest. If anyone wishes to share knowledge on MIDI songs let me know.

Offline Fred Smith

« Reply #4 on: September 09, 2022, 04:37:38 AM »
One question if I go
The genos route
How feasible is it
After I record a midi song in it
Would I be able to transfer that midi song to any daw - whether pc or mac side ?

Works exactly the same as the T4. Transfer via "USB Storage Mode" or USB drive.

Cheers,
Fred
Fred Smith,
Saskatoon, SK
Sun Lakes, AZ
Genos, Bose L1 compacts, Finale 2015
Check out my Registration Lessons