Author Topic: Genos Arpeggios- Can We Add To This?  (Read 2115 times)

Offline porterma

Genos Arpeggios- Can We Add To This?
« on: September 08, 2022, 01:19:35 AM »
Hi
I really have not explored much with the Arpeggios on the Genos but I have noticed that another keyboard like the PSR E463 has some very different arpeggios than the Genos.
Does anyone know if these can be added to the Genos ?Thanks,

Mark

Offline DerekA

Re: Genos Arpeggios- Can We Add To This?
« Reply #1 on: September 08, 2022, 09:05:45 AM »
Unfortunately, you cannot create custom arpeggios on the Genos - you can only use the inbuilt ones.
Genos

Offline Joe H

« Reply #2 on: September 08, 2022, 03:53:05 PM »
You can get variations on the arps by moving your fingers.  If you just play a single note or chord you get one effect, but if you play different notes while the arpeggiator is on, you can create variations of the arp or different "patterns".  I call this technique... "playing the arps"

Joe H

Music is the Universal Language!

My Article: Using Multi Pads in registrations. Download Regs, Styles & MPs:  http://psrtutorial.com/music/articles/dancemusic.html

Offline porterma

« Reply #3 on: September 12, 2022, 10:32:24 PM »
Thanks, Joe and Derek,
I appreciate the information.

Mark

Offline Mark

« Reply #4 on: September 12, 2022, 11:01:43 PM »
Hi Mark, unfortunately we can't create custom arps in Genos.
Having said that, usually I use multipads that can act as custom arps to some extent at least: you can start them synchronously via registration memory and they have an associated voice and can react to chord changes in the left hand. Its possible to create pretty complicated multi pads with proper programming skills (probably better to use computer because the multipad creator that genos has onboard has a limited functionality)
« Last Edit: September 12, 2022, 11:05:00 PM by Mark »

The following users thanked this post: porterma