Author Topic: Genos and Macbook  (Read 2321 times)

Genos and Macbook
« on: September 04, 2022, 01:19:09 PM »
Dear friends,

so far I never explored Genos features in Wi Fi. Searched for info in the User and Reference manuals, but that say very little, and just for iOs devices (iPad, iPhone, which I don't have).

I'd like to copy files from Macbook to Genos, and vice versa, INSTEAD of doing that with an USB pen-drive.

Is that possible? If so, how?

I already connected Genos to my home Wi Fi network, and the WiFi icon on Genos shows a very strong signal.

Thank you for your help,

Ciao

Angelo
Yamaha Genos, Clavinova Cvp309PE, Hs-8, Hammond Xm2.
Past: Farfisa Minicompact, CompactDeLuxe; Elkarapsody; Hammond L122R&Leslie142; CasioCz1000; Roland D50, E20, ProE, Juno106, JX8P, Ra90; Technics Kn800, 1000, 2000; Korg M1, i3, i30, Pa1x, Pa3x; others.

Re: Genos and Macbook
« Reply #1 on: September 07, 2022, 05:14:55 PM »
....could anybody help, please?

Thank you,

Angelo
Past: Farfisa Minicompact, CompactDeLuxe; Elkarapsody; Hammond L122R&Leslie142; CasioCz1000; Roland D50, E20, ProE, Juno106, JX8P, Ra90; Technics Kn800, 1000, 2000; Korg M1, i3, i30, Pa1x, Pa3x; others.

Offline overover

« Reply #2 on: September 07, 2022, 11:07:38 PM »
Hi Angelo, a WiFi connection with the Genos can only be used for:
- installing Expansion Packs (from the YEM),
- MIDI-over-WiFi (only MIDI port 1)
- Audio-over-WiFi (AUX IN)

You don't have File Access from the computer via the WiFi connection.

You can access the Genos User drive from the computer (PC/Mac) via the USB Storage Mode: Connect the Genos USB-to-Host terminal to the computer via a USB type AB cable and (re-)start the Genos with holding down the Playlist button. Then you will see the Genos User drive as a new Removeable Drive in Mac Finder or Windows Explorer.

Note: In USB Storage Mode, you cannot access USB sticks connected to the Genos from the computer. The latter could be done with the Yamaha "MusicSoft Downloader" program (via USB cable and with Yamaha USB-MIDI Driver installed on the PC) . Unfortunately, the MusicSoft Downloader is not available for Mac (but only for Windows PC).

By the way, there are Wireless USB flash drives, e.g. from SanDisk. If such a USB stick is connected to the keyboard, you can access it from the computer via WiFi:
>>> https://www.sandisk.com/goto/connect

Best regards,
Chris
« Last Edit: September 07, 2022, 11:18:54 PM by overover »
➪ Everyone kept saying "That won't work!" - Then someone came along who didn't know that and just did it.
➪ Never put the manual too far away: There's more in it than you think! ;-)

The following users thanked this post: wersianer, Kram

« Reply #3 on: September 09, 2022, 08:40:30 PM »
Chris,

I can't stop thinking that you SHOULD write an user manual. It would be a big step ahead.
Your answer is clear and complete, as usual.

Thank you so much for your kind explanations, that I believe will be interesting many of us.

Ciao,

Angelo

The following users thanked this post: sugarplumsss

Offline overover

« Reply #4 on: September 09, 2022, 08:50:13 PM »
You are very welcome, Angelo. Thank you for your kind words. I'm glad I could help you. :)

Best regards,
Chris
➪ Everyone kept saying "That won't work!" - Then someone came along who didn't know that and just did it.
➪ Never put the manual too far away: There's more in it than you think! ;-)

Offline sugarplumsss

« Reply #5 on: September 21, 2022, 12:05:01 AM »
i second that emotion motion
i’d happily pay $100 for such a manual from
Chris
I use T4 as a drum machine. Playing my own acmp and bass. MIDI songs are my latest interest. If anyone wishes to share knowledge on MIDI songs let me know.

The following users thanked this post: MadrasGiaguari