Author Topic: telling a footpedal what to do without looking at the display?  (Read 1854 times)

Wandogau

telling a footpedal what to do without looking at the display?
« on: September 01, 2022, 02:23:44 PM »
Hello together,
I know, that you can select which feature you want to have on a footpedal, e.g. switch main variation.
As I go through this display with a friend I recognized, that you can select many functions for every footpedal. But, because I'm blind, I have no idea, to do this without having a Chance to look at the display.
Any suggestions for this?
With best regards
Moo

Offline overover

Re: telling a footpedal what to do without looking at the display?
« Reply #1 on: September 01, 2022, 03:43:54 PM »
Hi Moo,

How many / which pedals do you use with the Tyros5: Just one single "momentary switch" pedal (e.g. FC5 or FC4A)? Or do you have several pedals connected, possibly also an Expression/Volume pedal (FC7)?

Best regards,
Chris
➪ Everyone kept saying "That won't work!" - Then someone came along who didn't know that and just did it.
➪ Never put the manual too far away: There's more in it than you think! ;-)

Offline Fred Smith

« Reply #2 on: September 01, 2022, 03:55:12 PM »
Hello together,
I know, that you can select which feature you want to have on a footpedal, e.g. switch main variation.
As I go through this display with a friend I recognized, that you can select many functions for every footpedal. But, because I'm blind, I have no idea, to do this without having a Chance to look at the display.
With best regards
Moo

Do you use registrations? You could have your registrations make the setting you want.

Cheers,
Fred
Fred Smith,
Saskatoon, SK
Sun Lakes, AZ
Genos, Bose L1 compacts, Finale 2015
Check out my Registration Lessons

Offline gabrielschuck

« Reply #3 on: September 15, 2022, 12:52:54 PM »
Hello together,
With best regards
Moo
Hello,
I use the pedal switch a lot to sync start the style, but it really depends on the situation.
It is also possible to activate the configured voice of one of the keyboard parts (right1, right2, right3 or left) without having to press a button to do so.
I suggest you do the following:

1. Register to one of the 8 memory registration buttons the current setting you are using for voices, style, effects, etc.
2. Press the direct access button and then the pedal you want to use.
3. In this sequence, turn the dial once to the right and then press the pedal to see what happens. If necessary, start the accompaniment to search for an accompaniment-related function or play the keyboard. Or sing into the microphone. Repeat this step until you find the desired function. If you need to go back to the previous state, just press one of the buttons you used to temporarily store the configuration.
4. Once you've found the function you want for the pedal, save that setting over the register or use one of the other registration buttons.
Tip: You can register continuously the current function chosen for the pedal to one of the registration buttons so that you don't have to scroll through the list with the dial from the beginning. In that case, it would continue where it left off.

That's how it is, kind of in the dark, but it works.
If you or anyone else finds a better way to do this, please share it here.
I'll see if I can borrow a sighted person to write down the sequence of functions that appear on the screen.
In most cases you only need to use the dial, but you may also have to press the button 2 up or down.
Hope this helps.
Regards,
Gabriel
« Last Edit: September 15, 2022, 01:08:54 PM by gabrielschuck »
-------------------------------

keyboardist, arranger, composer and music producer

"Life is like music. It must be composed by ear, with sensitivity and intuition, never by rigid rules."