Author Topic: Help spare parts  (Read 3435 times)

cuni

Help spare parts
« on: September 01, 2022, 01:03:40 AM »
yamaha genos keys are broken due to water contact...where can i find spare parts?
yamaha genos spare parts high key contact board?
« Last Edit: September 01, 2022, 07:56:47 AM by cuni »

Offline pjd

Re: Help spare parts
« Reply #1 on: September 01, 2022, 04:58:54 PM »
Yamaha operates on a region-by-region basis, including support, parts and service.

I recommend contacting your regional Yamaha support group or dealer. Your message doesn't mention where you are located.

Sorry to hear about the issue with your keyboard -- pj

Offline Roger Brenizer

« Reply #2 on: September 02, 2022, 02:31:39 AM »
Yamaha operates on a region-by-region basis, including support, parts and service.

I recommend contacting your regional Yamaha support group or dealer. Your message doesn't mention where you are located.

Sorry to hear about the issue with your keyboard -- pj

A review of Cuni's profile indicates this member is located in Turkey.
"Music Is My Life"
My best regards,
Roger

(The older I get...the better I used to be...LOL!!!)
Roger’s PSR Performer Page

cuni

« Reply #3 on: September 02, 2022, 07:28:33 AM »
thank you..unfortunately, the service in my region said that the part is out of stock..he said they can't reach it in 45 days..it's not in stock in Europe either..I wrote it in the hope that maybe I can find it..not being able to reach the spare part of such a big brand made me sad😥

Offline pjd

« Reply #4 on: September 02, 2022, 06:07:21 PM »
Sorry, cuni. I've order through yamaha24x7 in the USA, but I don't believe they ship internationally.

Bummer -- pj

« Reply #5 on: September 03, 2022, 11:55:58 PM »
A review of Cuni's profile indicates this member is located in Turkey.
Where do you see that, Roger? I don't see any mention of Turkey when I click the Profile button.
"Learn" your music correctly, then "practice" it. Don't practice mistakes because you'll learn them.

Offline Roger Brenizer

« Reply #6 on: September 04, 2022, 12:47:33 AM »
Where do you see that, Roger? I don't see any mention of Turkey when I click the Profile button.

This member's email address ends with the letters tr, which is the country code for Turkey, Lee.
"Music Is My Life"
My best regards,
Roger

(The older I get...the better I used to be...LOL!!!)
Roger’s PSR Performer Page

The following users thanked this post: pjd

« Reply #7 on: September 04, 2022, 02:52:34 AM »
Thanks Roger. You learn something new every day 😉.
"Learn" your music correctly, then "practice" it. Don't practice mistakes because you'll learn them.

Offline sugarplumsss

« Reply #8 on: September 11, 2022, 12:23:50 PM »
Lee. I’ve seen some of your informed comments here through the years.
I wanted to ask you about tyros and genos , but bring parts availabilit, into the conversation.
My T4 is all the keyboard I need .. but my service people say parts are not always available ( including Korg Roland too)
I have to decide on a T5 or Genos.
Are Genos readily available ?
I believe there’s a dealer who has best deals - maybe on the northern east coast. If there is a “go to” dealer , can you mention the name ?
Sonically speaking , comparing Genos to T5 - is deceptive because there are hundreds of sounds - unlike comparing two basses or saxes. Still, you’ve heard them, what’s your opinion about T5 and genos ,  sonically aka which has the edge in tone quality? To me from demos they seem very similar.
Are the drums noticeably improved - sound wise with Genis?
Are there any reasons the t5 has the advantage?
Any other members are welcome to give their opinions .
Thanks
I use T4 as a drum machine. Playing my own acmp and bass. MIDI songs are my latest interest. If anyone wishes to share knowledge on MIDI songs let me know.

« Reply #9 on: September 11, 2022, 01:12:14 PM »
Hi sugarplumsss. I'll break down your questions and give you my best opinions :):

T4 parts
It's not surprising that T4 parts are scarce due to the age of the keyboard. In general, the older a device the less chance of finding parts in a hurry. I'm not sure about Genos parts. I'd like to think the stock would be pretty healthy under normal world circumstances but we've had three years of Covid and now this Russian butcher Putin thinking he's God. These events definitely factor in.

T5 or Genos
I'm not sure about availability of either keyboard. Again, due to world circumstances, either one could be difficult to find. Perhaps you could ask you favorite music store owner to keep an eye out for a good used one or new one from another store that wants to clear out old stock. I've always dealt with Long and McQuade. They are in Canada. I see you're from California. I'm not familiar with the music store chains in the U.S.

T5 vs. Genos sound
While some claim that the Genos has little advantage over the T5, others claim there is a huge difference. The T5 is still a great sounding keyboard but I find the stage sound of the Genos to be far superior. I think Yamaha improved the sound processor in the Genos. Sound is very subjective too. When comparing the two keyboards, one must play them both through the same set of speakers of good quality in the same sitting. Our acoustic memory is extremely short, so playing a T5 today and a Genos tomorrow is basically meaningless.

Drums
I hear a noticeable difference in the Genos drums. They sound more realistic to me. My only complaint is the kick drums in all kits are WAY too loud and must be turned down - not a smooth chore based on the Genos operating system! I think Yamaha EQed the kick drums for use with the Genos speakers. When played through large speakers and subs, the kick sounds like explosions and booms! A kick drum should be felt, not heard. When I do sound for a band, I sometimes mic the kick drum in a real kit. I EQ it and adjust the volume so it feels like a very gentle tap on your chest bone. It should just reinforce the meter of the song, not turn it into a single note melody the way the Genos kicks are setup.

T5 advantage
The only advantage I see in any of the Tyros keyboards over the Genos is the stellar build quality. The Genos is pathetic in terms of build quality. It may be fine for a home player but it cant take the rigors of the stage. It stains easily, which you can't clean. The button surfaces are wearing out. One button on mine is broken already. I was hoping for a good will warranty from Yamaha, after I've spent close to $30,000 with them over the past few decades, but they basically told me to jump in the lake. I treat my Genos like a new born kitten. I've used a few Tyros keyboards, PSR keyboards, Yamaha stage pianos, and the same instruments from Korg, Roland, and Nord. None of them were as pathetic as the Genos in terms of build quality.

Summary
The Tyros 5 is an excellent instrument that is not too far behind the Genos for home use but the Genos sound is far better in a band or arranger show setting. The T5 is built like a tank, whereas my grandchildren's $39 toy arranger keyboard is far more robust in its build quality than my Genos. I would be happy owning either one, depending on what you're going to use it for - home playing or live stage.

Hope this help you out a bit 😀.
« Last Edit: September 11, 2022, 01:13:57 PM by Lee Batchelor »

The following users thanked this post: sugarplumsss

Offline BogdanH

« Reply #10 on: September 11, 2022, 02:52:16 PM »
Disclaimer before continuing: I don't have Genos.

I think Lee made a fair and objective opinion. Yamaha's build quality indeed isn't the best lately, especially considering Genos is a $6000 flagship keyboard. About board buttons, I think they're better even on my PSR-SX700. Ok, being made of hard rubber, they don't look that elegant as those on Genos, but they at least can't break. Keybed however, is a shame: after a year of gentle use, black keys already rattle, which makes very annoying noise. I already purchased grease, which solves this issue temporary (means, I need to take keyboard apart). And looking from my wallet, $1600 isn't that small money either.
Back to Genos (vs Tyros)...
What Lee didn't mention is... What I see as a HUGE advantage in favor of Genos (and PSR-X900/700), is touch display! I had PSR-S775 before and the only reason why I bough SX700 was touch display -and I don't regret my decision a bit. So, my opinion is, if you're creative person (modifying sounds a lot, creating/modifying styles, etc.), then get Genos. And if you're not in hurry, then you might better wait... rumors are, it's about time for Yamaha to come with new Genos model.
But if you are in a hurry... I know, you didn't ask, so just consideration... If you don't really depend on 88keys, then you maybe get PSR-SX900, which is half a price of (current) Genos. And if needed, (when "new" Genos arrives), you can sell SX900 much easier than "old" Genos -just thinking aloud here :-)

Best wishes,
Bogdan
PSR-SX700 on K&M-18820 stand
Playing for myself on Youtube

« Reply #11 on: September 11, 2022, 03:59:25 PM »
All excellent points, BogdanH. I had forgotten about the touch screen. It would be nice if Yamaha upgraded it to a capacitive screen like the iPads.

Yes, it boggles my mind how Yamaha can offer such great sounds inside a cheap plastic box that makes users fearful that something could fall apart at any time. My Sync/Start button broke during a show!!! What the heck were they thinking? So far, the keybed on the Genos has been great. I hope I didn't just jinx myself. But you're right - if they're going to charge nearly $7,000 (in Canada) for this beast, it better deflect bullets. It's like buying a Rolls Royce that's been painted with a roller.
« Last Edit: November 04, 2022, 06:16:19 PM by Lee Batchelor »

cuni

« Reply #12 on: November 04, 2022, 05:34:00 PM »
3 ay geçti ve hala yedek parça yok..25 yıldır yamaha kullanıyorum..artık değişim zamanı geldi gibi..

« Reply #13 on: November 04, 2022, 06:16:46 PM »
3 ay geçti ve hala yedek parça yok..25 yıldır yamaha kullanıyorum..artık değişim zamanı geldi gibi..
Can someone translate this? Thanks 😉.

Offline jugge

« Reply #14 on: November 04, 2022, 06:45:04 PM »
Can someone translate this? Thanks 😉.

"It's been 3 months and still no spare parts.. I've been using yamaha for 25 years..it seems like it's time to change.."

If we trust google translate  :)

I've recently ordered a replacement superknob for my MODX from here. https://yamaha.sparepartservice.shop/eshopmvc/devicefinder/devicelist?g7=1332876N&V360020=YAMAHA&warensort=70000000
Not sure if the have spare parts for Genos, but maybe worth checking out.
« Last Edit: November 04, 2022, 06:56:14 PM by jugge »
Welcome to Yamaha Beats. Genos and MODX covers on YouTube.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC9yKCzqlOhkulwHFF6P-_Vw

« Reply #15 on: November 04, 2022, 08:04:45 PM »
Thanks Jugge.

I ordered my Sync Start group buttons from Yamaha. They have a major service and supply depot just outside Toronto, about 1 hour from me. The parts were here in about 10 days.