Author Topic: Can the sustain pedal generate sustain on both sides of a split keyboard?  (Read 667 times)

Offline SciNote

This subject has come up in another thread, and I figure it would be most direct to get this info by posing this question in this section.  Quite simply, can the sustain pedal sustain the notes on both sides of a split keyboard on the PSR-SX600, SX700, or SX900?

I've checked the online manuals that I can find, and while they seem to imply that it is possible, they don't outright state that it is or isn't possible.

Now, as I understand it, what parts of the keyboard that would be affected by the sustain pedal can be custom-set in a menu for this function, so if you test this out, please make sure that all parts of the keyboard are set to be affected by the sustain pedal.  Or, if the menu does not allow the left-split part of the keyboard to be affected, then I'd like to know that, as well.

And, I would only want to know what happens when auto-accompaniment is set OFF, as I'm just curious about notes that the keyboardist plays directly on the keyboard, and not what the auto-accompaniment would do.

Thank you for any input you can provide!
« Last Edit: August 31, 2022, 04:03:31 AM by SciNote »
Bob
Current: Yamaha PSR-E433 (x2), Roland GAIA SH-01, Casio CDP-200R, Casio MT-68 (wired to bass pedals)
Past: Yamaha PSR-520, PSR-510, PSR-500, DX-7, D-80 home organ, and a few Casios