Author Topic: Main Display panel -- Inconsistent Chord Display  (Read 1223 times)

Offline tkarl

Main Display panel -- Inconsistent Chord Display
« on: August 30, 2022, 07:51:06 AM »
(Beginner)
I've had my SX900 for about 2 weeks, and I am using it to play & learn Piano.
The main display "sometimes" will display the chord I'm playing, and sometimes not.  How to turn this on?

I KNOW the manual says that the chord will only display IF the [ACMP] is "on"; however, I have playing the SX900 with ACMP off for about 2 weeks where it displayed the Piano chord I played, in the Lower (below the split point) section of the keys.

I have been making slight changes in the Menu; but now this 'feature' appears to be gone and unrecoverable.  Please assist!  How can I display chords with ACMP off, With LEFT voice off, with Piano voice below the split point, with NO Style elements playing along, like I had previously?

Offline BogdanH

Re: Main Display panel -- Inconsistent Chord Display
« Reply #1 on: September 01, 2022, 05:24:45 PM »
Chord is displayed if ACMP in on, or LEFT is on (or both are on). In both cases, chord is displayed only for left (lower) keyboard part. I'm not aware of other cases that would display chord.

Bogdan
PSR-SX700 on K&M-18820 stand
Playing for myself on Youtube

Offline PhotoDoc05

« Reply #2 on: September 01, 2022, 05:47:37 PM »
On the PSR-SX900, the Right 1, 2, or 3 voice chords are also displayed if you have ACMP on, and use FullKeyboard fingering
"All journeys have secret destinations of which the traveler is unaware."—Martin Buber

Offline PhotoDoc05

« Reply #3 on: September 01, 2022, 06:02:45 PM »
tkarl, I did some experimenting, and I think I've found the combination that does what you're saying.

I turned ACMP off, and Left voice off.  Then go into Split Point and Fingering, set Fingering Type to "Fingered",
and Chord Detection Area to "Upper"  then chords are displayed. Is that perhaps what you had setup?

Jerry
"All journeys have secret destinations of which the traveler is unaware."—Martin Buber

Offline tkarl

« Reply #4 on: September 07, 2022, 07:01:53 AM »
tkarl, I did some experimenting, and I think I've found the combination that does what you're saying.

I turned ACMP off, and Left voice off.  Then go into Split Point and Fingering, set Fingering Type to "Fingered",
and Chord Detection Area to "Upper"  then chords are displayed. Is that perhaps what you had setup?

Jerry

I figured it out on my own; but I did exactly what you described.  That Green Bar in the Split Point and Fingering Menu is also helpful -- as it needs to underline the entire keyboard.

Thanks so much for your confirmation of my setup!

Offline PhotoDoc05

« Reply #5 on: September 07, 2022, 12:40:53 PM »
Good to hear it's cleared up for you, have fun!
Jerry