Author Topic: High-Pitched "Echo" on Arpeggio Types in MegaGuitar Category - Help Request!  (Read 2070 times)

songwritingcpa

I got my first Genos keyboard a few weeks ago, and I'm having an issue with the arpeggio types in the MegaGuitar category.

All those types include a high-pitched "echo." It's really annoying in my opinion, but I guess there's a possibility it's by design. It's difficult to describe, so I recorded a video of it. https://youtu.be/Hj1qTuOo7FU

Has anyone else encountered this issue? Any suggestions on how to fix it? I've adjusted all kinds of settings, and it does it with any/all voices. I even did a factory reset once. But nothing seems to change it at all.

This is only for arpeggio types in the MegaGuitar category (which, if I can ever get rid of this annoying noise, are some of the arpeggios that sound best for my purposes).

Many thanks for any help in advance!
« Last Edit: August 24, 2022, 01:18:19 AM by songwritingcpa »

Offline EileenL

You have to have a Mega voice selected in right hand voice part as the arpeggio follows this. Have just selected 60's Vintage slap and it works as it should.

Offline pjd

Eileen is correct (as usual).  :)

Here's a little background information to help you understand what's happening.

Guitar MegaVoices use the uppermost notes to play special effect sounds like fret noise, slides, etc. Check out the MegaVoice maps in the Genos Data List PDF, page 15. Pay special attention to the two rightmost columns. These columns describe what sounds when notes above C6 are played.

The MegaVoice arpeggios are designed to work with guitar MegaVoices. They use those special notes above C6, which is why they sound so lifelike.

If you play a MegaVoice arpeggio through a regular voice (non-MegaVoice guitar), those "echoes" you hear are the notes above C6. Since regular voices don't have effect sounds in C6 and above, it sounds like someone is plinking away on tinny high notes.

Hope this helps -- pj

songwritingcpa

You all are amazing! That worked! Thank you!

You have to have a Mega voice selected in right hand voice part as the arpeggio follows this. Have just selected 60's Vintage slap and it works as it should.

Eileen is correct (as usual).  :)

Here's a little background information to help you understand what's happening.

Guitar MegaVoices use the uppermost notes to play special effect sounds like fret noise, slides, etc. Check out the MegaVoice maps in the Genos Data List PDF, page 15. Pay special attention to the two rightmost columns. These columns describe what sounds when notes above C6 are played.

The MegaVoice arpeggios are designed to work with guitar MegaVoices. They use those special notes above C6, which is why they sound so lifelike.

If you play a MegaVoice arpeggio through a regular voice (non-MegaVoice guitar), those "echoes" you hear are the notes above C6. Since regular voices don't have effect sounds in C6 and above, it sounds like someone is plinking away on tinny high notes.

Hope this helps -- pj

Offline Sukanta

Really, they all are genious. Sometimes a thougt comes to my mind that they develped OS of PSR instruments. We are only the players but they are scientists. Thank you all for helping us. :)

Offline EileenL

You are more than wselcome.