Author Topic: Expansionsoundpacks.com - Piano packs - any good?  (Read 2436 times)

Offline nonchai

Expansionsoundpacks.com - Piano packs - any good?
« on: August 20, 2022, 09:54:04 PM »
Has anyone bought the MONTAGE or separate piano sample packs?

Whats the general opinion?

And are the pianos in MONTAGE - and provided as sampled here - significantly higher quality ( like the CFX ) than -say the main piano in my PSR SX 900 ?

https://expansionsoundpacks.com/montage-acoustic-pianos.php
« Last Edit: August 20, 2022, 09:55:34 PM by nonchai »

Re: Expansionsoundpacks.com - Piano packs - any good?
« Reply #1 on: August 21, 2022, 02:06:39 AM »
Has anyone bought the MONTAGE or separate piano sample packs?

Whats the general opinion?

And are the pianos in MONTAGE - and provided as sampled here - significantly higher quality ( like the CFX ) than -say the main piano in my PSR SX 900 ?

https://expansionsoundpacks.com/montage-acoustic-pianos.php

In my opinion you can’t create realistic voices on YEM, it is very basic. So If you want an ultra realistic CFX sound, check out Production Voices 300 Grand. I have this library and it is really gorgeous, I love it. It is even better than the VRM CFX sound from my Yamaha CVP 809 digital piano.
« Last Edit: August 21, 2022, 02:08:23 AM by rodrigo.b »

Offline danand

« Reply #2 on: August 21, 2022, 01:15:57 PM »
Dear "rodrigo.b"

I made a quick search and as far as I understand "Production Voices 300 Grand" is a KONTAKT Instrument Library.
As far as i know KONTAKT libraries are NOT compatible with our Yamaha arrangers...
So comparing a 73GB KONTAKT library with no compatibility with Yamaha arrangers with a 160MB Expansion Pack, is comparing bananas with oranges....

Do you own the YEM Expansion Pack in question? (not the KONTAKT library...)
Do you hear any samples on your local dealer?
Do you even spend any time listening the various video demos of the YEM Expansion Pack in question on YT?

If you do one of the above then you can have an opinion and express is it.
Just because "it is made with YEM" so it's not good, doesn't sound very logical...

Let's say that some one ask you "Do you like the latest album of artist X?"
And your answer is: "How can be good? Artist , plays Y keyboard! If you play Y keyboard you can't make good music...."

« Reply #3 on: August 21, 2022, 03:09:47 PM »
Dear "rodrigo.b"

I made a quick search and as far as I understand "Production Voices 300 Grand" is a KONTAKT Instrument Library.
As far as i know KONTAKT libraries are NOT compatible with our Yamaha arrangers...
So comparing a 73GB KONTAKT library with no compatibility with Yamaha arrangers with a 160MB Expansion Pack, is comparing bananas with oranges....

Do you own the YEM Expansion Pack in question? (not the KONTAKT library...)
Do you hear any samples on your local dealer?
Do you even spend any time listening the various video demos of the YEM Expansion Pack in question on YT?

If you do one of the above then you can have an opinion and express is it.
Just because "it is made with YEM" so it's not good, doesn't sound very logical...

Let's say that some one ask you "Do you like the latest album of artist X?"
And your answer is: "How can be good? Artist , plays Y keyboard! If you play Y keyboard you can't make good music...."

Hello. I heard many samples from YEM. I also try to create my own. To have a realistic piano sound you need to have a lot of velocity layers, you also need to have different samples for pedal up and pedal down, you need to have samples of the all mechanical noises, the sympathetic resonance. That is not possible with Yamaha Keyboards. It is posible on the Pa keyboards from Korg but not in YEM. You also can’t create Super Articulation voices or Round Robin drum sounds on YEM. Regarding the library that I mentioned you just connect your keyboard or digital piano to the computer and you can have a very realistic CFX sound to play  :)
« Last Edit: August 21, 2022, 03:10:53 PM by rodrigo.b »

Offline danand

« Reply #4 on: August 23, 2022, 02:05:58 PM »
The lecture about YEM limitations, is still totally irrelevant with the original question.

• nonchai ask: "I see that expansionsoundpacks.com sell ORANGES. Did someone ever buy ORANGES from them? Did they taste any good?"
• You (rodrigo.b) answer: "I eat once a tasty BANANA at Milwaukee, Wisconsin!!!! Delicious!!!"

You compare BANANAS (a 73GB KONTAKT sound library, winch cost 150 USD and has no compatibility with Yamaha arrangers) with ORANGES (a 160MB, Expansion Packs  for Yamaha arrangers which costs only 20 USD) !!!!!!!

You compare BANANAS with ORANGES.....

Offline DerekA

« Reply #5 on: August 23, 2022, 02:54:48 PM »
I guess rodrigo is just saying "don't set your expectations too high" for anything that is available through YEM.
Genos

The following users thanked this post: rodrigo.b

« Reply #6 on: August 23, 2022, 09:47:17 PM »
I guess rodrigo is just saying "don't set your expectations too high" for anything that is available through YEM.

Yes. That is what I'm trying to say