Author Topic: Rotary speed control PSR-E473?  (Read 1612 times)

Offline pjd

Rotary speed control PSR-E473?
« on: August 20, 2022, 05:55:44 PM »
For example, the PSR-E453-473 have the DSP rotary effect, and you can change the speed with one of the live-control knobs, but you must accelerate and decelerate it manually, by gradually turning the knob one way or another.  This, of course, requires using your left hand for several seconds to simulate this effect by gradually turning a knob, when then takes away from playing the keyboard with your left hand.

Hi Bob --

I'd like to know if rotary speed control was improved in the E473/EW425 specifically? Yamaha incorporated a few S-series DSP effects into these models, including upgraded rotary speaker simulation. Maybe they improved rotary control?

An E473/EW425 player would know.  ???

Thanks for asking -- pj

Offline SciNote

Re: Rotary speed control PSR-E473?
« Reply #1 on: August 21, 2022, 01:45:36 AM »
Well, I don't have the E473 or E425 -- at least, not yet.  When I played around with an E473 in a music store, I did not see anything that would provide an automatic ramp-up/ramp-down speed effect, but I did not take a close look at it.  I remember that, in some of the preview videos for the EW425, it looked and sounded like there was a Leslie speaker speeding up while the keyboardist was simply holding down notes and not manipulating any knobs, but as was mentioned back then, this could have just been some audio/video trickery on the part of whoever made the video.

Of course, keep in mind that I was looking at the E473.  The video had the EW425, and that model is advertised as having more advanced organ features -- though I thought it was limited to an effect to simulate the cross-talk between adjacent B3 tone-wheels and the key click sound, but maybe there could be some enhanced Leslie simulation.
Bob
Current: Yamaha PSR-E433 (x2), Roland GAIA SH-01, Casio CDP-200R, Casio MT-68 (wired to bass pedals)
Past: Yamaha PSR-520, PSR-510, PSR-500, DX-7, D-80 home organ, and a few Casios