Author Topic: Hope this is really Genos 2  (Read 9743 times)

Offline Gunnar Jonny

Re: Hope this is really Genos 2
« Reply #50 on: September 09, 2022, 12:00:25 PM »
... As explained in previous threads, I am not interested in a PA5X.
Korg's OS is not my cup of tea.
Korg is not a plug-and- play arranger either and their styles ' quantity is very low compared to Yamaha's.

I agree, as long as you're pleased with the equipment you already have and it serves you well, there is absolutely no need to change at all.
But, some of us, as in example myself, likes challenges and to explore new things regardkless of brands. If not, I would probably still been a loyal KN5000 user, because that was the Technics I really did fall in love with and did not swap it for the T succesors.

Regarding different OS, at the Korg forum I could read this in a resent post. Kind of interesting:
QUOTE:
"However, I must say that having started to understand the terminology and concepts of Korg vs. Yamaha, I'm liking the Pa5x."

BTW.
Some years ago I bought a K MicroArranger that's for the time being is in the hands of our grandkids. Although it's a tiny little thing compared to the 'grown up' models, the Manual is huge, and shows lots of possibilities that you usually do not find in lower models. It's in fact a wolf in disguise.  8) ;D
Cheers 🥂
GJ

Jeff Hollande

« Reply #51 on: September 09, 2022, 01:35:57 PM »
Hi
Well, Yamaha have released the new PSR SX900.
It looks as though it is a Genos clone for £1,600.
From the demos it sounded 100% and the stereo sounded unbelievable on this machine  and it may be to do with how good the production is.
Better than the Korg from what i have heard.
I reckon a new Genos is going to be quite soon. :)

A new PSR SX900 has been released ?
Thank you for this info, John but ... this news is completely new to me.
Where on the internet can I find a lot more information, plse ?

Or ... is it a joke ?
Plse advise. Thanks, JH

« Reply #52 on: September 09, 2022, 01:36:01 PM »
I reckon a new Genos is going to be quite soon. :)
You may be right, John. It will come with a ridiculous price tag. It better have a superior build quality to the current Genos, otherwise I won't be buying one. I'll wait for it's lesser clone to come out - maybe. By then, I suspect my current Genos will have fallen apart and be worth nothing on trade, unlike all its predecessors.

Side note My condolences on the loss of your Queen Elizabeth. My dad met her and Prince Philip in 1952 when she was in Canada. He was one of the many photographers covering her visit. I have an 8x10 photo of my dad standing between here and Prince Philip. Nice keep sake!
"Learn" your music correctly, then "practice" it. Don't practice mistakes because you'll learn them.

« Reply #53 on: September 09, 2022, 01:37:03 PM »
A new PSR SX900 has been released ?
Thank you for this info, John but ... this news is completely new to me.
Where on the internet can I find a lot more information, plse ?

Or ... is it a joke ?
Plse advise. Thanks, JH
It's real, Jeff. Look here,
https://usa.yamaha.com/products/musical_instruments/keyboards/arranger_workstations/psr-sx900/index.html
"Learn" your music correctly, then "practice" it. Don't practice mistakes because you'll learn them.

Jeff Hollande

« Reply #54 on: September 09, 2022, 02:15:32 PM »
It's real, Jeff. Look here,
https://usa.yamaha.com/products/musical_instruments/keyboards/arranger_workstations/psr-sx900/index.html

Thank you so much for your link, Lee !

I am surprised Yamaha have released recently a new SX900 upgrade and ... have not changed the SX900 's brand name, right ? ::)

Best regards, JH

Offline DerekA

« Reply #55 on: September 09, 2022, 02:32:29 PM »
? Unless I am missing something, there's no recent change to the SX900 which was released few years ago.
Genos

Offline Gunnar Jonny

« Reply #56 on: September 09, 2022, 03:18:52 PM »
? Unless I am missing something, there's no recent change to the SX900 which was released few years ago.

Quote from PSR Tutorial Website:
"BUENA PARK, Calif. (August 1, 2019) — Yamaha today debuted the PSR-SX700 and PSR-SX900, two 61-key Arranger Workstation keyboards for composing, arranging and playing confidently out at gigs."
Cheers 🥂
GJ

Offline maartenb

« Reply #57 on: September 09, 2022, 03:21:14 PM »
Well, Yamaha have released the new PSR SX900.
Nope. This instrument was released about two years ago.

It looks as though it is a Genos clone for £1,600.
It is a stripped-down Genos. It lacks an aftertouch keybed and other things I don't remember right now.

From the demos it sounded 100% and the stereo sounded unbelievable on this machine
Indeed, the PSR-SX900 has incredible value-for-money.

Maarten

Offline mikf

« Reply #58 on: September 09, 2022, 03:53:24 PM »
What made John think this was new??
Mike

Offline ugawoga

« Reply #59 on: September 09, 2022, 04:28:54 PM »
Hi
I thought this ws a new Keyboard from Yamaha as it had a similar screen to the Genos and sounded pretty good for the price as i saw a demo
Genos, I7 computer 32 gig ram, Focusrite 6i6, Cubase controller, Focal Alpha Monitors, Yamaha DXR8 Speakers
Cubase 10, Sonarworks, Izotope.  Sampletank, Arturia and Korg software.  Now IK Mixbox

Offline EileenL

« Reply #60 on: September 09, 2022, 11:01:13 PM »
I've had mine for two years John.

Offline pjd

« Reply #61 on: September 10, 2022, 12:43:13 AM »
I've had mine for two years John.

Time flies when you're having fun!  ;D -- pj

Offline mikf

« Reply #62 on: September 10, 2022, 08:50:10 AM »
Hi John, just in case you missed it, we also ended rationing and National Service a few years back…………😎
Mike

Offline ugawoga

« Reply #63 on: September 10, 2022, 10:32:50 AM »
I still have not spent my book of Greenshield Stamps yet 8)
Genos, I7 computer 32 gig ram, Focusrite 6i6, Cubase controller, Focal Alpha Monitors, Yamaha DXR8 Speakers
Cubase 10, Sonarworks, Izotope.  Sampletank, Arturia and Korg software.  Now IK Mixbox

Offline Del B

« Reply #64 on: September 10, 2022, 02:04:40 PM »
Perhaps you  can use them John when you buy your next TOTL arranger