Author Topic: Hope this is really Genos 2  (Read 9738 times)

Offline sunny

Hope this is really Genos 2
« on: August 19, 2022, 03:51:33 PM »
Friends,
 I hope this is really a Genos 2

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oFtBHSBO08c

Sunny
« Last Edit: August 19, 2022, 03:59:50 PM by sunny »

Offline Wim NL

Re: Hope this is really Genos 2
« Reply #1 on: August 19, 2022, 04:02:39 PM »
Fake
Best Regards,
Wim

Offline ugawoga

« Reply #2 on: August 19, 2022, 04:15:28 PM »
Looks like someone has copied accross the PAX5 pads in photoshop
 8)
« Last Edit: August 21, 2022, 10:07:07 AM by ugawoga »
Genos, I7 computer 32 gig ram, Focusrite 6i6, Cubase controller, Focal Alpha Monitors, Yamaha DXR8 Speakers
Cubase 10, Sonarworks, Izotope.  Sampletank, Arturia and Korg software.  Now IK Mixbox

Offline Gunnar Jonny

« Reply #3 on: August 19, 2022, 04:42:53 PM »
I hope this is really a Genos 2

It's the same fake stuff that we've seen for a while. Images edited in Photoshop. Just another clickbait ...... so don't waste time on it (as I did). 📝
I really hope that Genos 2 (if any) won't look like that at all. 😱
The 'cheap plastic fantastic' should at least be replaced with something that not feel like it will fall apart when try move the keyboard.
Cheers 🥂
GJ

Offline pjd

« Reply #4 on: August 19, 2022, 06:02:44 PM »
By the way, "Romores" is the Portuguese word for "rumors."  ::)

There is no end to this click-bait drivel.  :'(

-- pj

« Last Edit: August 20, 2022, 06:04:49 PM by pjd »

tyrosman

« Reply #5 on: August 20, 2022, 03:08:17 PM »
Fake >:(

Offline Toril S

« Reply #6 on: August 20, 2022, 03:38:07 PM »
Fake and ugly!
Toril S

Genos, Tyros 5, PSR S975, PSR 2100
and PSR-47.
Former keyboards: PSR-S970.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCLVwWdb36Yd3LMBjAnm6pTQ?view_as=subscriber

Toril's PSR Performer Page

Offline musicman01

« Reply #7 on: August 21, 2022, 10:01:21 AM »
Probably photoshop work, but if it is real then it will be a plastic box again and then I will soon play the on a Pa5x!!!!

Jeff Hollande

« Reply #8 on: August 21, 2022, 02:08:18 PM »
Hi Musicman01,

All Tyros1,2,3,4 and 5 were made in a silver and black ( Special Ty4 Edition only ) plastic box.

IMHO customers never complained about the quality of the Tyros' box, right ?
However, for some endusers the quality of the Genos' black paint seemed to be a problem, not the box.
I am convinced Yamaha are aware of this problem now and will solve it. 

I wonder if a metal box is the right answer ( for giggers e.g. ) due to its weight ?

JH

« Last Edit: August 21, 2022, 02:33:21 PM by Jeff Hollande »

Offline Gunnar Jonny

« Reply #9 on: August 21, 2022, 03:32:16 PM »
All Tyros1,2,3,4 and 5 were made in a silver and black ( Special Ty4 Edition only ) plastic box.

Completely personal opinion, but for some reason, regardless of color, the T series appeared more robust and stable than the Genos.
When you take hold of the Genos, it seems to me like 'plastic fantastic made in *****'.  :o
That was also the first impression when I unpacked it from the box. Visually, it looks good, and as long as it stays in place it seems very solid, that is, until you have to move it.
The G-70 was built like a tank, the SD1 is also very solid just as all the KN's I had, and the PA4X is as stable as a mountain.
Again, very personal opinion.  8)
« Last Edit: August 21, 2022, 03:53:26 PM by Gunnar Jonny »
Cheers 🥂
GJ

Offline mikf

« Reply #10 on: August 21, 2022, 04:11:41 PM »
There has always been a feeling that the Korg is more used by active gig players than the Yamaha, which is mostly bought by home players. I don’t know if that has any factual foundation, but maybe it influences the way they are designed for robust handling. If Yamaha knows the majority of Genos stay at home they may put less emphasis on robust handling than Korg.
Just a thought.
Mike

Offline EileenL

« Reply #11 on: August 21, 2022, 04:23:52 PM »
Yamaha know a lot of people Jig with the Genos a lot. Even some of there own staff.
  When I take my Genos out which I must admit is not that often now days but it is still as solid as a rock and still looks as it did when new.

The following users thanked this post: Charlie Love

Jeff Hollande

« Reply #12 on: August 21, 2022, 06:08:02 PM »
Weight :

Genos 76k 28lb, 11 oz - 13.00 kg

PA5X 76k             38.36 lb - 17.4 kg
         61k                 33.3  lb -   15.1 kg
         88k                 44.31lb -   20.1 kg

The difference in weight is important. The Genos is 4.4 kg LIGHTER in weight !

;)
JH
« Last Edit: August 21, 2022, 06:10:41 PM by Jeff Hollande »

Offline Gunnar Jonny

« Reply #13 on: August 21, 2022, 07:05:35 PM »
The difference in weight is important. The Genos is 4.4 kg LIGHTER in weight !

Weight don't matter for Norwgian Vikings!   ;D ;D ;D
Cheers 🥂
GJ

Jeff Hollande

« Reply #14 on: August 21, 2022, 07:38:45 PM »
Hey Gunnar :

But ... I am afraid most of us are not so strong and do not like heavy arrangers at all. 

Almost not to believe a PA5X/88k = more than 20 kg ... 💪💪☺️☺️.

JH

Offline Gunnar Jonny

« Reply #15 on: August 21, 2022, 10:27:51 PM »
Almost not to believe a PA5X/88k = more than 20 kg ... 💪💪☺️☺️.

But Pa5X-76 is only 17.4 kg, so that's almost as light as cotton, we can lift a ton as easy as nothing.  ;) ;D
Cheers 🥂
GJ

Jeff Hollande

« Reply #16 on: August 22, 2022, 07:24:44 AM »
But Pa5X-76 is only 17.4 kg, so that's almost as light as cotton, we can lift a ton as easy as nothing.  ;)

ONLY ?? ;)
4.4 kg more than the Genos !
A big difference of MORE than 30% HEAVIER. A lot of weight !  :)

Best regards, JH
« Last Edit: August 22, 2022, 07:33:04 AM by Jeff Hollande »

The following users thanked this post: Stuart L

Offline sunny

« Reply #17 on: August 22, 2022, 09:58:32 AM »
Friends,
This thread is being hijacked. Please post your opinions reagarding upcoming Genos2 only.

Sunny

Offline Toril S

« Reply #18 on: August 22, 2022, 10:24:31 AM »
We are havng a lttle fun here Sunny😀
Toril S

and PSR-47.

Offline mikf

« Reply #19 on: August 22, 2022, 10:34:15 AM »
It either it is or it isn’t. Obviously no-one knows, and their opinion doesn’t change a thing. Frankly it’s not surprising that the thread has wandered.
Mike

Offline Gunnar Jonny

« Reply #20 on: August 22, 2022, 11:17:47 AM »

Please post your opinions reagarding upcoming Genos2 only.

All the fake pictures and 'still-picture' videos do not prove that there is any upcoming Genos 2 at the moment.
Who outside the Yamaha innercircle do really know if there will be any successor or what name that will be printed at it?
The 'hijacking' going on, must be all the posts spreading those fake news and clickbait links.  ;D 8)
Cheers 🥂
GJ

Offline EileenL

« Reply #21 on: August 22, 2022, 12:19:49 PM »
You are right there Jonny,
  There is nothing here to be serious about. The pictures are fake and that is all we can say.

« Reply #22 on: August 24, 2022, 01:05:28 PM »
In the thirty years I've used Yamaha products, they have never produced such a crappy teaser video like this. They've always put out a top quality video with a great sound track and only just prior to the new keyboard's release.

Yes, a totally fake piece of junk produced by some moron with too much time on his or hands.
"Learn" your music correctly, then "practice" it. Don't practice mistakes because you'll learn them.

Offline J. Larry

« Reply #23 on: August 24, 2022, 04:16:38 PM »
Wonder what the Yamaha insiders think about fake videos about their products?  Do they care?  Or, maybe, might it increase the intrigue about what may be coming?

Jeff Hollande

« Reply #24 on: August 24, 2022, 07:49:01 PM »
Yamaha, their dealers and all their customers know very well these present pictures and video's are all fake. Why should they care ?

Yamaha are only making and presenting pro video's, just like their unique pro arranger keyboards.

JH

Offline sunny

« Reply #25 on: August 25, 2022, 04:42:39 AM »
 May be the present videos are true, thatswhy Yamaha keeping silent and they may announce new product in the month of september and start selling Genos2 before Christmas.

Sunny
« Last Edit: August 25, 2022, 08:39:22 AM by sunny »

Offline Gunnar Jonny

« Reply #26 on: August 25, 2022, 09:13:15 AM »
May be the present videos are true, thatswhy Yamaha keeping silent and they may announce new product in the month of september and start selling Genos2 before Christmas.

Wishful thinking and having hope for the future is good!  :)
Believing in Santa Claus is quite common, also in my corner of the world ...
but he probably bring a PA?X-76 this year, and maybe a Genos successor or a nice OS update next year? ;)
Cheers 🥂
GJ

Jeff Hollande

« Reply #27 on: August 25, 2022, 09:41:19 AM »
Hey GJ :

A Genos Successor ?  ???
Everybody is hoping Yamaha will launch a new high end keyboard ... wishful thinking ?

Best regards, JH

Offline Gunnar Jonny

« Reply #28 on: August 25, 2022, 10:32:48 AM »
Jeff,
the Tyros series is all successors in a row, and Genos is a T5 successor in another wrapping.
So yes, I believe the next TOTL arranger from Yamaha (if any) will be a further developed Genos successor.  8)
Cheers 🥂
GJ

Offline mixermixer

« Reply #29 on: August 25, 2022, 03:13:04 PM »

Sunny

How do you know this is true? This is clearly photoshopped/made in MS paint.

Offline mikf

« Reply #30 on: August 25, 2022, 03:58:43 PM »
He doesn’t know. It’s just wishful thinking.
The truth is that although these threads on ‘Genos 2’ produce lots of opinions, and interest, and despite Jeff’s comment that ‘everyone is hoping…’ , the historical fact is that that relatively few go rushing out to spend the money on the new model when it appears.
 History has shown for the most part the new model is incrementally better than the current one, not a massive step change.  And when people work out it’s  not going to make a massive difference to their playing or enjoyment, and think about the cost, they mostly stick with what they have.

So while these threads are fun conversations and a great excuse to speculate, the idea that everyone is holding their breath awaiting the new TOTL model is not reality. 😎
Mike

Mike2

« Reply #31 on: August 25, 2022, 04:08:08 PM »
AMEN, AMEN, AMEN!!!

« Reply #32 on: August 25, 2022, 05:57:36 PM »
I was never disappointed with Yamaha since the Tyros 3. So I'm ready to buy as soon as it is available.

I'm expecting a new Genos 2 with 2 improvements: Seamless sound switch, and a new generation of samples (SA3 ?). (using far more RAM, and perhaps with round-robin algorithms as drums)
Perhaps on the Genos 2, there would be less than 10 sounds of the new generation. Like SA2 sounds on Tyros 3.

But I also read a French forum. The moderator has a shop and sells Genos in the south of France. In a thread referencing the same YT videos, he wrote he recently had confirmation from Yamaha nothing is planned at short term. (source: tri_tonton, forum: audiokeys)

Jeff Hollande

« Reply #33 on: August 25, 2022, 05:57:56 PM »
Hi Mike2,

As Mike ( mikf ) is saying it is always a great excuse to speculate when a new Yamaha high end arranger keyboard might be in the air.
But for me speculation is also fun though.  ;)

It is always exciting to talk about a new Yamaha arranger here even if nobody knows how the new baby will look like and which new features will be available.
Will it be a Genos2 ? Will it be called differently ? ,,,

The competitor just launched a new arranger and I hope the new Yamaha will surprise the entire world.  :)

I really wish and hope Yamaha will give us a small hint soon.
Being patient makes me nervous though.  :D

Best regards, JH
« Last Edit: August 25, 2022, 06:08:33 PM by Jeff Hollande »

Offline Ernie

« Reply #34 on: August 25, 2022, 07:08:03 PM »
Well ... I don't know....!
I am into Korg for now . .. But I still consider Yamaha as a winner...!
But how far can we go with performer keyboards...? 2.0 or even 3.0 ?
Is there still something that could be better in our keyboards...?
There must be a day we can't get the keyboards any better...? 
And I think we reached this point almost by now. 
It is more important  .. who is playing the keyboard!
And how he or she is playing the keyboard.
I think that is what counts.

I played a lot on my PSR3000 and PSR S950 and I pleased lots of (elderly) people by that time...!
Yes ... I did....! :-)  Now I am an elderly man of 70 myself! LOL...! Yes I am...!
But I still enjoy life and keybboards...!

Regards,
Ernie

« Last Edit: August 25, 2022, 07:35:19 PM by Ernie »

Jeff Hollande

« Reply #35 on: August 25, 2022, 08:26:35 PM »
Hi Ernie,

Your present competitor's arranger keyboard ( PA4X )  has been upgraded recently ( PA5X ).
Apparently an update was no longer applicable to improve
the PA4X.

Yamaha, the World Leader for more than 20 years, will continue to produce and market the most unique and modern plug-and-play arranger keyboards ever.

Best regards, JH

Offline EileenL

« Reply #36 on: August 25, 2022, 08:57:47 PM »
Yes they will but I am sure we will not see a new one any time yet. After all Genos is such a successful keyboard that people are still happy with playing and enjoying it.

Offline Toril S

« Reply #37 on: August 25, 2022, 09:01:29 PM »
I agree!
Toril S

and PSR-47.

Offline mikf

« Reply #38 on: August 25, 2022, 10:34:16 PM »
Yes they will but I am sure we will not see a new one any time yet. After all Genos is such a successful keyboard that people are still happy with playing and enjoying it.
Eileen,
You say current Genos owners are happy with their Genos and not likely to jump to a new Korg, and that might be true. But that is probably not the main issue for Yamaha.  Because as I keep saying the current Genos owners are almost certainly not the biggest market for new arrangers. It’s all the other people thinking of buying an arranger. They may currently own cheap arrangers, old model arrangers, or nothing at all. They see the latest and greatest new Korg and why would they choose to buy a Genos?
I don’t think I would choose a several year old design if I could pay roughly the same price for a brand new design with superior keyboard feel, choice of size, several neat new features, more solid case and a slick look. Who would??
Yes, if I already own a Genos, great keyboard I like, I am probably not diving into a Korg, but if I don’t …..

Mike

Jeff Hollande

« Reply #39 on: August 25, 2022, 11:07:52 PM »
Hi Mike :

A very good question but why should I buy another brand with a complete different OS if I am used to work with a Yamaha arranger keyboard for so many years ?

Buying a Korg means also I cannot use my present huge styles and voice Yamaha collection, cannot use our free custom made progs and have to learn ( from 0 ) Korg which is absolutely not a plug and play keyboard whilst I am so familiar with a Yamaha.

Last but not least, I would really miss this forum.

Best regards, JH

« Last Edit: August 25, 2022, 11:15:48 PM by Jeff Hollande »

« Reply #40 on: August 26, 2022, 12:27:03 AM »
Buying a Korg means also I cannot use my present huge styles and voice Yamaha collection, cannot use our free custom made progs and have to learn ( from 0 ) Korg which is absolutely not a plug and play keyboard whilst I am so familiar with a Yamaha.
And therein lies Yamaha's ace in the hole. If the PA5X were cross compatible with the Genos OS, Yamaha would be in deep trouble. The two keyboards produce roughly the same end result (nice music) but they achieve the results through different pathways.

I think the costs of developing the G2 are born by current Genos customers looking to upgrade. The newbies will create the profit margin.
"Learn" your music correctly, then "practice" it. Don't practice mistakes because you'll learn them.

Offline SciNote

« Reply #41 on: August 26, 2022, 04:42:02 AM »
Hi Mike :

A very good question but why should I buy another brand with a complete different OS if I am used to work with a Yamaha arranger keyboard for so many years ?

Last but not least, I would really miss this forum.

Best regards, JH

Remember that Mike said that people with older or cheaper arrangers, or no keyboard at all, would likely be a candidate for purchasing the new Korg, so for those people, having a large existing collection of styles and voices, or being familiar with the operating system of something high-end that is more recent, like the Genos, wouldn't be as much of a concern.

And concerning what soundphase said, "But I also read a French forum. The moderator has a shop and sells Genos in the south of France. In a thread referencing the same YT videos, he wrote he recently had confirmation from Yamaha nothing is planned at short term. (source: tri_tonton, forum: audiokeys)"...

I remember several years ago, when I was figuring that Yamaha would soon release the PSR-E453 as the successor to the E443, I actually called Yamaha's customer service and asked about it, and the agent literally told me that there were no plans to produce the E453, but that something else in that range would be coming out later in the year.  Guess what?  Within a couple months, Yamaha introduced the E453!  So, you cannot always count on Yamaha, or any company for that matter, to provide accurate information on future products -- after all, they don't want to tip off the competition.  Later in the year, they also did bring out the EW400 -- essentially the 76-key version of the E453 -- so maybe that was the "something else" that they were also planning.
« Last Edit: August 26, 2022, 04:44:44 AM by SciNote »
Bob
Current: Yamaha PSR-E433 (x2), Roland GAIA SH-01, Casio CDP-200R, Casio MT-68 (wired to bass pedals)
Past: Yamaha PSR-520, PSR-510, PSR-500, DX-7, D-80 home organ, and a few Casios

Offline mikf

« Reply #42 on: August 26, 2022, 06:50:56 AM »
It might make a Genos owner happy to think I don’t want or need to change, for whatever reason, but historical sales have no revenue benefit for Yamaha.
Mike
« Last Edit: August 26, 2022, 06:59:31 AM by mikf »

Jeff Hollande

« Reply #43 on: August 26, 2022, 07:00:28 AM »
Everybody is aware the quantity of styles that Yamaha ( even third parties ) are offering is so much higher than Korg's. :P
Another good reason why there is absolutely no room in my mind to switch to an other brand.

It might be different for those who are owning both brands but ... it must be complicated, not easy and not funny to work with two complete different operating systems, IMHO.
Not my cup of tea though.

Best regards, JH

« Last Edit: August 26, 2022, 07:01:57 AM by Jeff Hollande »

Offline mikf

« Reply #44 on: August 26, 2022, 07:53:47 AM »
Which is why you still have a Tyros 4,  - you didn’t upgrade to Genos or even Tyros5 because you are ok with what you have. And you sure as heck cannot upgrade to Genos 2 because it doesn’t exist. Works  for you - but it doesn’t buy bread for Yamaha or a Yamaha dealer.
Mike

Jeff Hollande

« Reply #45 on: August 26, 2022, 09:31:47 AM »
That is absolutely correct, Mike. I do own a Tyros4, still a great instrument in my perception. :)

Up to now I did not upgrade. Correct.
As soon as the Genos2 will arrive I will think it over if the new features are worth enough for me to buy the newest Yamaha baby.
Maybe it is time for a change, who knows.

However, the present economic situation in The Netherlands and in Europe is very unstable and prices are increasing every day ( gasoil, food etc. etc. ).
Time will tell if it is still an option for me, being a retired person,  to spend such an extra amount of money at my age ... or to continue with my Tyros4.

My Tyros4 XXL looks new, in mint condition. I love it. I am a home player.
Never had one problem at all. It is a Yamaha !  ;)
No reason for now to kill a winning horse.

For me the Tyros4 is a real music instrument like e.g. a piano or a guitar.
I always tried/try to keep a music top quality instrument as long as possible.

In fact I am a left handed guitar player ( own a Gibson Les Paul, a Fender Stratocaster and an acoustic/electric Epiphone J-200 ).
The guitar was my first instrument.
Played in different local bands and in pro recording studio's when I was younger. 

The main use of my Ty4 : making backing tracks for additional guitar recordings ( at home now ).
To make this task possible, the Ty4, XGWorks and Cakewalk are my favourite tools.

Best regards, JH

« Last Edit: August 26, 2022, 03:09:46 PM by Jeff Hollande »

Offline EileenL

« Reply #46 on: August 26, 2022, 04:03:33 PM »
Hi Mike,
  I said most Genos owners I know and that includes some great music forums I am on and even Face Book clubs all seem to use Genos. I very rarely hear a song produced on a Korg.
  No where did I say that they would or would not Jump to the new Korg. That is a personal choice for them.

Offline ugawoga

« Reply #47 on: August 26, 2022, 04:36:55 PM »
Hi to all

I must agree with Jeff, the Tyros 4 was great and i had great recordings of the bat.
With the Genos ,you have to set it up a lot more to get the same results and it can be frustrating as it need tweaking for every song.
The Tyros was great on the average.
I think this is where people find that, was it good upgrading or not. Why not !!
The Genos is 100% , but it needs tweaking to get good results and now i am just finding out a lot more about the Genos. It takes time.
The Korg sounded ok on piano's and Strings , but that is where it ends for me.
I am sure if nothing is heard about a new Genos in September , then we are going to wait a long time.
If anyone is in the know, ask if Yamaha have any intentions for the future for Genos owners.

Al the best
John :)
« Last Edit: August 26, 2022, 04:41:59 PM by ugawoga »
Genos, I7 computer 32 gig ram, Focusrite 6i6, Cubase controller, Focal Alpha Monitors, Yamaha DXR8 Speakers
Cubase 10, Sonarworks, Izotope.  Sampletank, Arturia and Korg software.  Now IK Mixbox

Jeff Hollande

« Reply #48 on: August 26, 2022, 06:26:26 PM »
Thank you John for your kind and positive comments. :)

I am not familiar with the Genos at all.  ??? I know it sounds crazy but it is what it is. :D
Never touched one but what I have heard on the internet was a super sound quality. The best up to now.

Maybe it might look rediculous but it would be very hard for me to say goodbye to my Tyros4. :-[

I am an old fashioned music player : I love my instruments and, if I do, I want to keep them as long as possible.

The same feeling I have for my guitars but they are not depending on computer technology like arranger keyboards and/or synths.
The older good guitars are the higher their value is increasing. ;)

Up to now the Tyros4 NEVER disappointed me and it serves my needs very well yet. Cross my fingers ...

As explained in previous threads, I am not interested in a PA5X.
Korg's OS is not my cup of tea.
Korg is not a plug-and- play arranger either and their styles ' quantity is very low compared to Yamaha's.

Best regards, JH
« Last Edit: August 26, 2022, 06:41:38 PM by Jeff Hollande »

Offline ugawoga

« Reply #49 on: September 09, 2022, 10:11:35 AM »
Hi
Well, Yamaha have released the new PSR SX900.
It looks as though it is a Genos clone for £1,600.
From the demos it sounded 100% and the stereo sounded unbelievable on this machine  and it may be to do with how good the production is.
Better than the Korg from what i have heard.
I reckon a new Genos is going to be quite soon. :)