Author Topic: Loading leadsheets when performing live possible?  (Read 1105 times)

Offline DaPaleRider

Loading leadsheets when performing live possible?
« on: August 19, 2022, 12:58:29 PM »
Hi. In addition to my Yamaha MODX7, I now also use my PSR-SX900 in my band. I would like the following but have no idea how:

Is it possible to save a lead sheet with every song I program on the SX900? I want to create a playlist to quickly load a song and then the leadsheet will be loaded into my screen.
Yamaha CK61, Yamaha MODX7, Korg Pa5X, Yamaha YH-WL500, Roland Fantom 07, Roland Boutique D-05/TR-08, Logic Pro

Online Fred Smith

Re: Loading leadsheets when performing live possible?
« Reply #1 on: August 19, 2022, 01:41:15 PM »
Hi. In addition to my Yamaha MODX7, I now also use my PSR-SX900 in my band. I would like the following but have no idea how:

Is it possible to save a lead sheet with every song I program on the SX900? I want to create a playlist to quickly load a song and then the leadsheet will be loaded into my screen.

You can display the score of a midi file on your screen.

Other than that, you need to use an external device like an iPad to display a lead sheet.

Cheers,
Fred
Fred Smith,
Saskatoon, SK
Sun Lakes, AZ
Genos, Bose L1 compacts, Finale 2015
Check out my Registration Lessons

Offline reya

Re: Loading leadsheets when performing live possible?
« Reply #2 on: August 19, 2022, 01:41:29 PM »
As far as I know, the keyboard can only display a score by extracting the information from a MIDI file. See owners manual "Displaying Music Notation (Score) of the MIDI Song". it can also extract lyrics from a MIDI file. Apart from that, it can also display text files...

If you are thinking lead sheets in the form of a pdf or a graphics file, then you probably need to use an app on a tablet or pc for that . Several apps exist for that purpose. I use MobileSheets myself. But several others exist (Forscore, Songbook+, Onscore ... to name just a couple of them).

They can be configured to automatically load a music score on the tablet/pc, when a registration file is loaded on the PSR SX keyboard. (or vice versa)
Setting up the link between a registration file and an associated score on the tablet/pc, using a yamaha keyboard is easier on some of those apps than on others .... Most of these apps are limited to one operating system.

Hope this helps ...

Rudy

Genos 1, PSR SX900, Roland PK6, Ketron SD1000
MSI Cubi 5 mini pc with IIyama prolite 24" touchscreen, MobileSheets