Author Topic: Playlist Not available!  (Read 1731 times)

Offline shezza

Playlist Not available!
« on: August 19, 2022, 12:00:22 PM »
Hi all I have a playlist that came with my Keyboard SX900 but when I go >USB>Playlist the list shows up but the when a press enter on a certain song a question mark appears next to the song with an on screen message saying "File not found, or name is inappropriate"  has anyone got any ideas what is going wrong.....Thanks

Offline valimaties

Re: Playlist Not available!
« Reply #1 on: August 19, 2022, 12:05:55 PM »
The RGT files stored in your playlist file have wrong path. They don't exists on the keyboard/usb1/usb2/user.

Maybe THIS app will helps you converting your file RGTs paths to the correct paths  :) Use "Append playlist" button to load your playlist. Use "Batch Edit" to change the path of your RGT files (all records in playlist) to a new path.
Note1: This is not a good solution if your playlist uses Registration Banks from multiple locations. In this case you must edit each record.
Note2: If you use this app you can see which is the path of each record by placing the mouse over each record. A tooltip will appear showing you the path of that record.

« Last Edit: August 19, 2022, 12:32:29 PM by valimaties »

Vali Maties - Genos

The following users thanked this post: shezza

Offline EileenL

« Reply #2 on: August 19, 2022, 12:26:15 PM »
If you have two USB sticks inserted into your keyboard remove the one that dose not contain the playlist. This then makes sure the stick reads  USB1 and is what is needed for playlist to work. I keep my USB stick plugged in and do not add another one until I have switched on. This makes sure that the USB with the playlist on always reads USB1.

The following users thanked this post: Dave Shively, shezza

Offline valimaties

« Reply #3 on: August 19, 2022, 12:37:23 PM »
I always make my playlists using registrations located in User Area. No matter where are my playlist located (USB1, USB2, User, etc) the playlists will work.
If your registrations came along with playlist file (are in the same device with playlist file) it is a little problem.  :)

Cheers

Vali Maties - Genos

Offline EileenL

« Reply #4 on: August 19, 2022, 12:44:29 PM »
I think the member has the playlists from Yamaha and these are designed to work from USB1.

Offline valimaties

« Reply #5 on: August 19, 2022, 12:50:21 PM »
He didn't wrote that. We could only supose, but generaly thinking, I cannot say that is made for USB1. So he must see which is the letter of the path, that is why I suggest to open it in notepad or in that app.  ;)

Vali Maties - Genos

Offline DaPaleRider

« Reply #6 on: August 19, 2022, 01:30:38 PM »
I think the member has the playlists from Yamaha and these are designed to work from USB1.

I'm pretty sure because I recognize this question. Had the same problem when I loaded the Yamaha playlist into my SX900.
Yamaha CK61, Yamaha MODX7, Korg Pa5X, Yamaha YH-WL500, Roland Fantom 07, Roland Boutique D-05/TR-08, Logic Pro

Offline overover

« Reply #7 on: August 19, 2022, 06:04:13 PM »
Hi all I have a playlist that came with my Keyboard SX900 but when I go >USB>Playlist the list shows up but the when a press enter on a certain song a question mark appears next to the song with an on screen message saying "File not found, or name is inappropriate"  has anyone got any ideas what is going wrong.....Thanks

Hi shezza,

you have one or more Playlist files (extension .tsv) on your USB stick. When you use the SX900 Bonus Playlist, you will find one .tsv file in each Category folder (e.g. Ballroom, Dance, etc.) on the USB stick. Connect the USB stick to the computer and open one of these .tsv file either with Windows Editor or with a spreadsheet program like Excel. For the file "PSR-SX900 Playlist Ballroom.tsv" (which is in the "Ballroom" folder) you will see something like this when opened e.g. with Excel or Editor:

As you can see, the correct File Path, where the Registration files (.rgt) must be for the Playlist to work is:

I:/PSR-SX900 Playlist/Ballroom/

"I:/" means the stick must be recognized on the keyboard as "USB1". A folder called "PSR-SX900 Playlist" must be on the stick (directly in the "root", i.e. in the top level), and a subfolder called "Ballroom" must be in this folder. The Registration files (.rgt) must be at this exact location, in this case in the "Ballroom" subfolder.

If your folders containing the .rgt files have different names or are in different locations, you have two options:

1. Rename the folders according to the specifications in the relevant Playlist file (.tsv) and/or move them (again) to the correct location.

or

2. Change the File Paths in the relevant .tsv file so that the paths (again) match the actual locations / folder names of the associated Registration files (.rgt).

By the way, you can copy or move the Playlist files (.tsv) to any other folder or drive (e.g. to the internal User drive). However, the Registration files (.rgt) must always be/stay at the exact location that is entered under "Filepath" in the respective Playlist file. Otherwise the Playlist will not work because the .rgt files cannot be found.

Hope this helps!

Best regards,
Chris
« Last Edit: August 19, 2022, 06:12:15 PM by overover »
➪ Everyone kept saying "That won't work!" - Then someone came along who didn't know that and just did it.
➪ Never put the manual too far away: There's more in it than you think! ;-)

Offline EileenL

« Reply #8 on: August 20, 2022, 01:14:44 PM »
The first USB stick inserted in any keyboard becomes USB1 and that is why Yamaha tell you to do it this way. If you already have a USB plugged in and then add the second one containing the Playlist it will be USB2 and will not work as the member said it will say it can't find file.