Author Topic: I don't know where i installed that pack!  (Read 1603 times)

Offline Drsun19

I don't know where i installed that pack!
« on: August 16, 2022, 04:55:26 PM »
Hello all...i hope you're fine.

A long ago i made a pack which i encrypted in cpf, i saved a lot of styles with sounds from that pack...As time went by, i included more packs, i used an IMac to load my packages. Last year i changed it for a windows PC and had to move all my packages but i didn't know where the .ppf of my first package was...so i installed the cpf again...but now i think the LSB moved and my styles don't sound :(, i have to revoice them by hand again and that would take me years to save them!

Does anybody know how i can look the correct lsb for these styles? I tested a midi monitor to check whether these styles "call" the voices but did not succeded.

I hope you can help me with this.

Luis.
Genos, Montage 7, Alesis Vortex Wireless 2, IMac 32Gb RAM, Lenovo Legion i7, Yamaha DXR 12, Cubase 10.5, Sample Robot, Style Magic YA, Keyscape, Omnisphere.

Offline overover

Re: I don't know where i installed that pack!
« Reply #1 on: August 16, 2022, 07:09:01 PM »
Hi Luis,

You can use the MixMaster PC (Windows) program to find out what LSB number(s) the Custom Voices in a Style use:
>>> https://psrtutorial.com/MB/EV_Files/mixmaster.html

Start MixMaster and first make sure that in "Options > Open Instrument Manager" the GENOS is listed in the right column "User Instruments". Close the "Options" window and make also sure that the GENOS is selected in the Menu line in MixMaster's main window.

Load one of the Styles in question in MixMaster and click the "Voices View" button. Here you can see which Voices are used for the individual Style Channels/Parts. The values ​​in the square brackets mean [MSB LSB ProgramChange]. (Note that MixMaster also counts the ProgramChange values ​​from 0 - 127. Yamaha uses "1 - 128". So 1 must be added to the ProgramChange values ​​displayed in MixMaster to get the Yamaha PRG values.)

Now look for Voices that have MSB 063 (= Custom Normal Voice) or MSB 062 (= Custom Drum Voice), i.e. begin with "[063..." or "[062..." in MixMaster. With THESE voices, the three middle numbers give you the LSB you are looking for, on which the pack used must be located in the YEM or to which the pack in question must be moved.

Example:
Voices in MixMaster: [063003xxx] or [063003xxx] means the pack must be on LSB 003 in the YEM.

By the way, another option would be to leave the Pack in question at the current LSB, but instead change the LSB in the STYLES in question. This is done in MixMaster by clicking on the "Batch Process" button and using the "Change LSB Expansion Voice" and/or "Change LSB Expansion Drum" options there.

Hope this helps!

Best regards,
Chris
« Last Edit: August 16, 2022, 07:13:35 PM by overover »
➪ Everyone kept saying "That won't work!" - Then someone came along who didn't know that and just did it.
➪ Never put the manual too far away: There's more in it than you think! ;-)

The following users thanked this post: wersianer, vanzee