Author Topic: Genos MFD IMPORT Not finding my personal styles...  (Read 2771 times)

Offline Henryk999

Genos MFD IMPORT Not finding my personal styles...
« on: August 16, 2022, 09:01:00 AM »
Hi All
I have my self written and adapted styles that are specific to songs I played had in my Tyros2 and Tyros4 MFD files...  Saved my Large Tyros 4 MFD File to USB ... Imported the file to Genos to a Playlist ... Names are there but when I load the Name in the playlist  all I get is the first default style from the Genos... None of my personal styles that were attached to the songs in the MFD have been copied over even though I have all the styles loaded in the Genos USER Style location. I do recall the Tyros 4 had these styles listed on my HD as there was no room in my User File on the Tyros 4...  How can I get these styles to work... over 400 song titles don't work... lots of work over the 15 Years I owned a Tyros 2(2007) and then Tyros 4(2015) ... Now have a Genos (2022)

Help Please???

Henryk999

Offline Fred Smith

Re: Genos MFD IMPORT Not finding my personal styles...
« Reply #1 on: August 16, 2022, 12:02:01 PM »
Your Genos is looking for your styles where you said they would be. If they were on your hard drive on the Tyros, that’s where the Genos will look for them. The hard drive on a Genos is the USB port underneath the keyboard.

And, make sure your OS is up to date. The latest version in 2.11.

Cheers,
Fred
Fred Smith,
Saskatoon, SK
Sun Lakes, AZ
Genos, Bose L1 compacts, Finale 2015
Check out my Registration Lessons

Offline EileenL

« Reply #2 on: August 16, 2022, 12:38:06 PM »
As you will know we do not have a hard drive on Genos. Instead we have a 58.22Gb User memory. What you put in the USB stick beneath or front or back ports is not classed as the Hard Drive. The internal user drive now takes its place.
  You will probably now need to relink these styles to your converted play list to get it to work as it did before.

Online Bill

« Reply #3 on: August 16, 2022, 01:38:16 PM »
Hi Henry

When you convert a MFD File to a playlist, it creates a Registration for each of the styles in your MFD.
You will need to locate these registrations and modify them using Murray Best’s “Registration Manager” program. Using this you can easily modify all the Reg (in Batch Mode) to look for the styles located on your User Drive,  It is quite easy to achieve.

Regards

Bill
England

Current KB:  YAMAHA GENOS 2

Offline Fred Smith

« Reply #4 on: August 16, 2022, 02:24:58 PM »
Hi Henry

When you convert a MFD File to a playlist, it creates a Registration for each of the styles in your MFD.
You will need to locate these registrations and modify them using Murray Best’s “Registration Manager” program. Using this you can easily modify all the Reg (in Batch Mode) to look for the styles located on your User Drive,  It is quite easy to achieve.

Regards

Bill

You don’t HAVE to modify them. You can put the styles in the same place on the Genos as they were on the Tyros.

Once you have them working, then you can decide whether you want to move your user styles. Some like the User drive and go to the effort to move them there. But for others, it’s not worth the effort.

Cheers,
Fred
Fred Smith,
Saskatoon, SK
Sun Lakes, AZ

Offline rcca

« Reply #5 on: June 17, 2023, 10:49:55 PM »
Your Genos is looking for your styles where you said they would be. If they were on your hard drive on the Tyros, that’s where the Genos will look for them. The hard drive on a Genos is the USB port underneath the keyboard.

And, make sure your OS is up to date. The latest version in 2.11.

Cheers,
Fred

Hi Fred, I notice you live in Sun Lakes, we are on our 3 rd year hear at Friendship Village Tempe AZ.
I love your Videos.

Edit 2023-06-17 by overover: Fixed a broken [/quote] tag
« Last Edit: June 17, 2023, 10:56:33 PM by overover »
Cyber Power Intel Extreme, Military MB 4.0/4.5 CPU turbo, 12 GB Memory, GPU Gigabytes 1060 6GB Ram Desktop
Yamaha GENOS 76-Key Flagship Arranger, Technics KN6000

Offline Fred Smith

« Reply #6 on: June 18, 2023, 02:38:59 AM »
Hi Fred, I notice you live in Sun Lakes, we are on our 3 rd year hear at Friendship Village Tempe AZ.
I love your Videos.

I'm there only in the winter time. We're like Goldilocks: we don't like it too hot or too cold.

Glad my videos were helpful.

Cheers,
Fred
Fred Smith,
Saskatoon, SK
Sun Lakes, AZ