Author Topic: Change presets via midi - EW400  (Read 1164 times)

eskilus

Change presets via midi - EW400
« on: August 11, 2022, 06:13:59 AM »
Hi, I'm a self-taught keyboard player. Years ago I bought a Yamaha EW400 and now I would like to make sure that the keyboard presets (= voices) can change via "Program Change" messages inserted in the midi tracks. To explain better: I don't want the track to use the EW400 sounds, but I want it to change the keyboard preset that I will play directly on the EW400.
Thanks for joining me in the forum and...sorry for my poor English! 😉

Re: Change presets via midi - EW400
« Reply #1 on: August 11, 2022, 01:11:04 PM »
Welcome, eskilus.

Your English is very good. No worries. Are you wanting advice on how to insert MIDI track program changes in the EW400? This forum is dedicated to the Genos only. Perhaps I misunderstand your question. Do you own a Genos? Thanks.
"Learn" your music correctly, then "practice" it. Don't practice mistakes because you'll learn them.

Offline DerekA

« Reply #2 on: August 11, 2022, 02:26:43 PM »
If I understand correctly. you want to play along with the MIDI file on the keyboard, and have the voice used by the keyboard change automatically at various points in the file playback.

On PSR and Genos models, you can edit the MIDI file directly on the keyboard to make this happen. But I don't think you can do this directly on the EW400.  I guess there's a way using an external MIDI file editor but I'm not sure.
Genos

eskilus

« Reply #3 on: August 11, 2022, 05:36:07 PM »
Oops! I think I'm writing in the wrong topic...
Anyway... Yes I know that I have to edit midi file from an esternal editor; I tried (by Reaper) using Program Change messages: I managed to change the individual voices, but not the presets.
Thanks for your help.
Please, tell me if is better that I change topic...

If I understand correctly. you want to play along with the MIDI file on the keyboard, and have the voice used by the keyboard change automatically at various points in the file playback.

On PSR and Genos models, you can edit the MIDI file directly on the keyboard to make this happen. But I don't think you can do this directly on the EW400.  I guess there's a way using an external MIDI file editor but I'm not sure.
« Last Edit: August 11, 2022, 05:37:16 PM by eskilus »