Author Topic: are GM2-voices included?  (Read 2024 times)

Wandogau

are GM2-voices included?
« on: August 08, 2022, 07:50:36 AM »
Hello,
In Joe's tutorial he menssioned the additional folders containing the SX-, GM- and GM2-Voices. Are they included in the T5 or do I have to download them?
With best regards
Marco

Offline overover

Re: are GM2-voices included?
« Reply #1 on: August 08, 2022, 11:46:01 AM »
Hi Marco,

Calling up Voices other than the Panel Voices is described in the Tyros5 Reference Manual on page 6 ("Selecting GM, XG and Other Voices"):

1  Press the PART SELECT button corresponding to the Part you want to use (Right1, 2, 3 or Left)

2  Press one of the VOICE category selection buttons (other than the [ORGAN WORLD], [ENSEMBLE] and [EXPANSION/USER] buttons) to call up the Voice Selection display.

3 Press the upper [8] button (= "UP") to call up the Voice category folders.

4  Press the upper [2] button (= "P2") to display Page 2.

5  Press the desired [A]–[J] button to call up the Voice Selection display of GM&XG Voices, GM2 Voices, etc.

Note: You can also find the “Legacy” folder in this display. This folder contains previous Yamaha keyboards’ Voices (such as Tyros, Tyros2, Tyros3, Tyros4, etc.) for data compatibility with other models.

6  Select the desired Voice.

Please note that you can also select Mega Voices in the same way as described. However, these are not suitable for playing in keyboard parts, but only for use in Styles or MIDI files. (With Mega Voices, the sound result depends primarily on the velocity.) For the sake of completeness, you COULD limit the "Touch Sensitivity" (e.g. in the VOICE SET) so that you could still play Mega Voices live. However, I recommend that you only do this in exceptional cases.

Hope this helps!

Best regards,
Chris
« Last Edit: August 08, 2022, 11:58:15 AM by overover »
➪ Everyone kept saying "That won't work!" - Then someone came along who didn't know that and just did it.
➪ Never put the manual too far away: There's more in it than you think! ;-)

Wandogau

« Reply #2 on: August 09, 2022, 03:20:37 PM »
Hi Chris,
Thanks a lot - works fine now!
I was'nt aware of the fact that you can switch the way you can select instruments by pressing the view-button [7].
Now all my instruments have pages and can be selected with a to j, as in the styles section, which I personally prefer!

Best regards
Marco

Offline overover

« Reply #3 on: August 09, 2022, 03:47:09 PM »
Hi Chris,
Thanks a lot - works fine now!
I was'nt aware of the fact that you can switch the way you can select instruments by pressing the view-button [7].
Now all my instruments have pages and can be selected with a to j, as in the styles section, which I personally prefer!

Best regards
Marco

You're welcome, Marco, thanks for your feedback!

Best regards,
Chris
➪ Everyone kept saying "That won't work!" - Then someone came along who didn't know that and just did it.
➪ Never put the manual too far away: There's more in it than you think! ;-)