Author Topic: How to load audio Loop in Genos as an Style.  (Read 2178 times)

Offline rozinalalani1954

How to load audio Loop in Genos as an Style.
« on: August 07, 2022, 06:53:00 PM »
Hi Everyone!
                    First of all Thank you so much in advance for helping me on this Issue.  I have an Audio Loop which I would like to play in Genos as a style file.  Following I have tried doing and it is not working.

I upload as a multi-pads but after 4/4 Bar Loop stops.

I used wave2midi software and it takes forever to understand the software.

finally I used the Audio Phraser as .aus file it works fine but all 4 Audio Loops are not playing at the same tempo and I do not know how to bring them at the same tempo I tried doing it in Logic as well. Also even if someone guide me I also am having an issue of adding the instruments like Bass and Guitar in Style Creator.

I need more easy way of tackling this issue with your help and expertise Really appreciate if you can guide me. Thanks

Offline ckobu

Re: How to load audio Loop in Genos as an Style.
« Reply #1 on: August 07, 2022, 07:55:14 PM »
Watch this video. Turn on English subtitles.
https://youtu.be/pGG45EOZG9U?t=730
Watch my video channel

Offline Henni

« Reply #2 on: August 08, 2022, 08:57:25 AM »
Wow!!!

Can the Genos then play this audio style like any regular midi style? I.o.w. will the audio parts of the style follow your chord progressions as you play them? If so, the this is AMAZING!!! And if so, which other Yamaha Arrangers can do same?

Henni
...Fly Forever!

Offline ckobu

« Reply #3 on: August 08, 2022, 09:18:39 AM »
Audio only applies to the drum track.
Audio can also be incorporated into the accompaniment, but the creation process is not straightforward.

https://youtu.be/7zQaOUsZHW0
Watch my video channel

Offline Henni

« Reply #4 on: August 08, 2022, 10:49:45 AM »
Hi ckobu,

Thank you so much. Looked at your video. Will think about that for awhile. So, if I have a REALLY good audio section that includes all the instruments, if I can record those properly in the different chords required, it should work well for audio styles then? I can understand why the drums can not be included in the audio sections - or CAN it?

Cheers,

Henni
...Fly Forever!

Offline ckobu

« Reply #5 on: August 08, 2022, 12:28:26 PM »
Hi Henni,

The Drum channel does not have chord changes, so it is easier to enter it in the Style. He only needs to synchronize with the change of tempo.
The other accompaniment channels in Style must have a harmonic change, this is difficult to achieve. I described it in the video, but the question is whether this work is worth doing.

I don't use that method, and I made the video just to show that it is possible. I think the existing sounds are realistic enough and all the standard beats work just fine.
The downside of Audio Drums is that transitions don't respond well. The transition button must be pressed at the very beginning of the beat and only then will the transition play. I think this is a big shortcoming of Audio Drums.

regards, ckobu
Watch my video channel

Offline EileenL

« Reply #6 on: August 08, 2022, 12:53:10 PM »
Yamaha no longer use audio styles on there keyboards although they can still be used if you download them from there site. We now have revo drums which are much better.

Offline Henni

« Reply #7 on: August 08, 2022, 07:21:15 PM »
Hi all,

For a moment I thought my absolute dream could be accomplished - pure audio styles for a realtime Arranger. I now realize that it is not possible as yet.

Thank you for all your feedback.

Kind regards,

Henni
...Fly Forever!

Offline danand

« Reply #8 on: August 09, 2022, 09:50:28 AM »
on there keyboards

What do you mean by "there keyboards" ??? As far as I know all the latest arrangers (SX series) USING Audio Styles! Can you name "there keyboards" which "Yamaha no longer use audio styles " ???

We now have revo drums which are much better.

This drum set maybe is "much better" according your opinion and maybe this drum set fit "much better" your music performance needs.
But not all Yamaha arranger users have the same opinion like you and not all Yamaha arranger users have the same needs like yours.
Audio drum tracks are always far - far better than any midi track.
Audio drum tracks can catch the groove of a real musician something almost impossible with midi tracks.
Furthermore the specific drum sound for many music styles (Soul, Funk, HipHop) are far better with audio drum tracks than the "much better revo set"
Also not all users want top play "Strangers in the Night" like you...
Many users want EDM styles or more modern music styles. In this case audio drum tracks works far better since they can have the specific sound of a drum machine or groove box. This sound is impossible to recreate using the "much better revo drum kit"

Offline EileenL

« Reply #9 on: August 09, 2022, 01:26:49 PM »
As I said Yamaha no longer have Audio styles in there on board styles selections. This dose not mean you can not use the old ones off of previous keyboards if that is what you want but a lot of us do prefer the round Robin effect of the revo drums whether you play Strangers in the Night or not "danand". We all have our own choice of music we like to hear and at 86 years of age I like music I can relax to as I am sure many others will.
  I just wonder if when you get to my age if you will still listen to Electronic Dance music.