Author Topic: Adjusting time of sustain button  (Read 993 times)

Offline tomsx700

Adjusting time of sustain button
« on: February 21, 2023, 03:44:31 PM »
Hi, is the sustain button on the SX700 adjustable? I like the feature, but the sustain is just held to long for my taste. Any suggestions?
Thanks, TOM

Offline overover

Re: Adjusting time of sustain button
« Reply #1 on: February 21, 2023, 08:35:16 PM »
Hi Tom,

It is not possible to set the behavior of the Sustain button globally (e.g. shorter sustain for all voices).

Instead, you can set this for each individual voice as desired:

- Load the desired voice, e.g. in Right 1 part.

- Go to "Menu > Voice Edit > Common tab > page 2/2 > Panel Sustain". This parameter determines the Sustain Level applied to the edited voice when the Sustain button on the panel is turned on.

- Alternatively, you could slightly increase the value of the "Release" (Release Time) parameter in "Voice Edit > Sound tab > EG (Envelope Generator)". This means you always have a Sustain-like effect, regardless of whether the Sustain button on the panel is turned on or off.

- Finally touch the "Save" icon and save the changed voice with a meaningful file name as a User Voice (in the internal User drive or on a USB stick). Alternatively, you can also memorize the changed voice settings directly in a Registration.

Hope this helps!

Best regards,
Chris
« Last Edit: February 21, 2023, 08:39:44 PM by overover »
➪ Everyone kept saying "That won't work!" - Then someone came along who didn't know that and just did it.
➪ Never put the manual too far away: There's more in it than you think! ;-)

The following users thanked this post: Graham UK

Offline tomsx700

« Reply #2 on: February 22, 2023, 06:00:18 PM »
Thanks, Chris! I was able to get to the global settings and didn't see a way to adjust the overall sustain for the instrument. I will edit each voice as you suggested. I appreciate the help.
Thanks, TOM

Offline overover

« Reply #3 on: February 22, 2023, 06:27:08 PM »
Thanks, Chris! I was able to get to the global settings and didn't see a way to adjust the overall sustain for the instrument. I will edit each voice as you suggested. I appreciate the help.
Thanks, TOM

You're welcome, Tom! Thanks for your feedback.

Best regards,
Chris
➪ Everyone kept saying "That won't work!" - Then someone came along who didn't know that and just did it.
➪ Never put the manual too far away: There's more in it than you think! ;-)