Author Topic: Appreciating My Genos All Over Again  (Read 2143 times)

Mike2

Appreciating My Genos All Over Again
« on: August 01, 2022, 08:29:37 PM »
With all the fake news about the Genos 2, I started listening to every style, and registration I saved with my genos. By doing this, it made me realize just how awesome this Keyboard is. I think after a while we get very desensitized with everything this Keyboard has to offer.  Some of these style and voices, I took for granted, and just pushed them aside.  Now after spending more time listening to The Genos, it has opened many more possibilities, that I thought never existed. I guess my main point is, that I am also looking for a new Genos for the future, but in the mean time I have to continue and enjoy this Genos I have, and not get too carried away from what is, or maybe coming.

Offline Toril S

Re: Appreciating My Genos All Over Again
« Reply #1 on: August 01, 2022, 09:56:19 PM »
So true! I feel the same. It is a wonderful instrument, and it has inspired me to make more music than ever before!
Toril S

Genos, Tyros 5, PSR S975, PSR 2100
and PSR-47.
Former keyboards: PSR-S970.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCLVwWdb36Yd3LMBjAnm6pTQ?view_as=subscriber

Toril's PSR Performer Page

Offline rattley

« Reply #2 on: August 02, 2022, 12:28:20 AM »
Ditto!!!

I've been retired since last October and have had unlimited time to re-explore this marvelous keyboard!  I won't have any problem waiting for the next model.  -charley

Offline ton37

« Reply #3 on: August 02, 2022, 07:18:50 AM »
Sure, it would be a pity if you weren't. Then you probably would have sold it. Do you remember your previous keyboard purchases? How did you feel about that then? That feeling won't be much different from the current one, I guess? Fortunately, the development continues with the keyboards. That is also with: another car, a new TV., a new phone etc. etc. I am also very satisfied with my baby Genos at the moment.. But satisfaction is sometimes only temporary ... be happy with the model you have, uhh keyboard I mean .. ;)
« Last Edit: August 02, 2022, 07:24:59 AM by ton37 »
My best regards,
Ton

Offline J. Larry

« Reply #4 on: August 02, 2022, 01:57:42 PM »
"Love The One You're With"

Offline ugawoga

« Reply #5 on: August 04, 2022, 06:56:43 PM »
Hi Genos Lovers

Well, this machine is the business and the PAX5 is not in the same league with weak saxes , harmonica's and a few more things like that
So for me it is  "Carry On My Wayward Son " :D if there are any rockers out there and it's "More Than A Feeling"!! 8)
I just wish that more people play 70s music as there are lots of gems around. 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) ::)
One for Toril,  Strawbs  -  "Midnight Sun".
« Last Edit: August 04, 2022, 07:07:43 PM by ugawoga »
Genos, I7 computer 32 gig ram, Focusrite 6i6, Cubase controller, Focal Alpha Monitors, Yamaha DXR8 Speakers
Cubase 10, Sonarworks, Izotope.  Sampletank, Arturia and Korg software.  Now IK Mixbox

Online RoyB

« Reply #6 on: August 04, 2022, 09:02:35 PM »

I just wish that more people play 70s music as there are lots of gems around. 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) ::)

Well, John - just for you, the next song I'll be posting (probably next week) was a Lindisfarne hit.

Regards

Roy
Roy

Tyros 5-76; Roland FA08; Yammex V3; Behringer Q502USB; Arturia BeatStep; Alesis Elevate 3 MkIII;  Yamaha YST-FSW050; Sony MDR 7510; MultiTrackStudio Pro + AAMS.

YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCQu3I6XidcZWOmsl_FM49_Q/videos

Offline DrakeM

« Reply #7 on: August 05, 2022, 02:54:23 PM »
Yea, I still have a S950 and just ran across the new CVP 809 onboard styles (boy am I late looking at these). I ran them through the RevDrum program and they work great but still need a bit more work (simple stuff). 

I found 66 new styles (Pop/Rock section) that are not on my S950 keyboard or the Genos keyboard by default. I found 3 styles that seem to be dedicated to Dancing Queen, Diana and Let It Be, based on the style's intros. There are probably more but I am not that familiar with Pop music.

Drake

Offline EileenL

« Reply #8 on: August 05, 2022, 03:07:30 PM »
We do have most of these styles on Genos. There are around 20 we don't have but then we were given 50 new ones in the version 2 update.

Offline stephenm52

« Reply #9 on: August 05, 2022, 04:01:24 PM »
I'm a dyed in the wool Genos fan and appreciate it very much.     I play the Pa4x too which is a great arranger too, but I'm partial to the Genos.
GENOS, SX900, Clavinova CVP 307, Korg Pa4x.........

Steve's Genos Recordings
Steve's Gig Disks

Offline terryB

« Reply #10 on: August 05, 2022, 05:13:54 PM »
[Yea, I still have a S950 and just ran across the new CVP 809 onboard styles (boy am I late looking at these). I ran them through the RevDrum program and they work great but still need a bit more work (simple stuff).

I found 66 new styles (Pop/Rock section) that are not on my S950 keyboard or the Genos keyboard by default. I found 3 styles that seem to be dedicated to Dancing Queen, Diana and Let It Be, based on the style's intros. There are probably more but I am not that familiar with Pop music.

Drake]

Hey Drake, you could also check out the extra styles ''SX900 for Genos'' (I believe I got from a yamaha issued update), some great styles there
Cheer Terry