Author Topic: Strange behavior in PLaylist  (Read 2305 times)

Offline Stijn

Strange behavior in PLaylist
« on: August 22, 2022, 03:24:02 PM »
Has anyone ever heard of this bizarre behavior?

My friend wanted to copy some playlists to the USER on his Genos but he encountered the following problem:

- he can not activate the USER button on the screen, the button just won't light up!

We: 

- tried a RESET
- re-installed firmware 2.0, 2.01, 2.02, 2.10 and 2.11
- calibrated the screen - in other windows windows with the USER button on the same spot, it works (so no defect in the touchscreen)
- performed a memory test - everything OK

.. and now we are stuck....
anyone?

Stijn

[attachment deleted by admin]
I'm not talented ... but I practice a lot.
please visit  https://www.youtube.com/@StijnBettens/videos

Online overover

Re: Strange behavior in PLaylist
« Reply #1 on: August 22, 2022, 04:26:09 PM »
Hi Stijn,

When you call up the Playlist display, the currently loaded playlist is always displayed first. Have you tried calling up the USB drive via the "File" icon (in the Playlist Selection display) and copying the desired Playlist file (.tsv) from there to the User drive?

Do you only want to copy the Playlist files (.tsv) to the User drive (but also leave the associated Registration files (.rgt) on the USB stick)? Or should the Registration files also be copied to the User drive (so that the Playlists then work without a connected USB stick)?

If you copy directly on the keyboard, the two file types mentioned must be copied separately, i.e. the Playlist files in the Playlist Selection display and the Registration files (possibly including the respective folder) in the Registration Bank selection display.

Note that even then these Playlists will not work: Either you would have to relink each individual song title ("record") in the Playlists concerned (directly on the Genos) with the relevant Registration, or you would have to edit the relevant .tsv files on the computer BEFORE (therefore changes the file path where the Registration files are located accordingly):

Entry for FILEPATH in the .tsv Playlist files:

If the Registration files are on the first USB stick (USB1):
I:/FolderName/RegistrationBankName.rgt

If the Registration files are in the internal User drive:
C:/REGIST/FolderName/RegistrationBankName.rgt

If my explanations still didn't solve the problem, please describe in detail what steps you took up to the point where the 'User' icon is not selectable.

Hope this helps!

Best regards,
Chris

« Last Edit: August 22, 2022, 04:27:58 PM by overover »
➪ Everyone kept saying "That won't work!" - Then someone came along who didn't know that and just did it.
➪ Never put the manual too far away: There's more in it than you think! ;-)

Offline Stijn

« Reply #2 on: August 22, 2022, 06:52:47 PM »
Thank you Chris,

I know the procedure well and I am used to working with files, copying, structures etc.
I perform the same actions on my Genos while trying to do the same on my friend's Genos.

The USER button just doesn't want to be selected. Trying to copy Playlists to the USER results in an error message.
I do the same actions on my Genos without any problems.

Thanks for replying,
Stijn

Online overover

« Reply #3 on: August 22, 2022, 08:01:24 PM »
Thanks for your feedback, Stijn!

I would connect the Genos as the next step via USB cable to the computer and then boot the Genos in the USB Storage Mode (hold down the "Playlist" button while powering on). After a short time, as you probably know, the Genos User drive should be displayed as a new removable drive on the computer. Please check whether the system folder "PLAYLIST" exists here (in addition to the other system folders "Expansion", "MULTI PAD", "REGIST", etc.).

If the "Playlist" folder exists in the User drive, I would copy a .tsv Playlist file into this folder on the computer. Then reboot the Genos and check whether this Playlist can be called up via the User button.

If the "Playlist" folder does NOT exist in the User drive, it may have been accidentally deleted or moved by the user at an earlier USB Storage Mode session. This would explain the problems you described. I would then check (in the USB Storage Mode) whether the "PLAYLIST" folder can be found in another folder in the User drive and then move it back to the right place, i.e. to the root directory of the User drive. If the folder cannot be found, I would create a new "PLAYLIST" folder there and test again on the Genos.

If it still doesn't work as desired, I would first backup the actual content of the User drive using the USB Storage. Important: If Audio Multi Recording has already been used, make sure that hidden files and folders are displayed on the computer in order to also backup the folder that contains these Audio Multi Recording data. (This hidden folder is called "AUDIOREC.ROOT" if I remember correctly).

Then I would RE-FORMAT the internal User drive ("Menu > Utility > Storage"). Attention: all the data is of course deleted, but the required system folders are automatically created then, and actually everything should now work as desired.

Best regards,
Chris
« Last Edit: August 22, 2022, 08:06:47 PM by overover »
➪ Everyone kept saying "That won't work!" - Then someone came along who didn't know that and just did it.
➪ Never put the manual too far away: There's more in it than you think! ;-)

Offline Stijn

« Reply #4 on: August 22, 2022, 08:59:49 PM »
Thanks for the help Chris.

Unfortunately the Genos is many miles away and the owner is no computer whiz. 
For now he says he will do without the playlist function.

Anyway, thanks for the suggestions and if I ever get near the keyboard I will try as you described.

Regards,
Stijn

Offline EileenL

« Reply #5 on: August 22, 2022, 11:32:27 PM »
Even if you load the Playlist to your User Drive it must still be accessed by pressing the playlist button and selecting the file in the on screen window.

Offline Stijn

« Reply #6 on: August 23, 2022, 08:01:11 AM »
Thanks Eileen,

It is the USER button that doesn't work.

Regards,
Stijn