Author Topic: Question  (Read 1735 times)

Offline Genos1957

Question
« on: July 29, 2022, 06:04:50 AM »
Hello, I wanted to know if it is possible to layer four sounds simultaneously with the Genos keyboard?

Offline EileenL

Re: Question
« Reply #1 on: July 29, 2022, 08:26:13 PM »
This is Possible when using Ensemble.

Offline DerekA

« Reply #2 on: July 29, 2022, 10:18:29 PM »
Ensemble doesn't really layer voices though.

The way to do it is to use a cable to connect midi out to midi in. Then set up the midi template to put some of the song parts onto the same midi channel as one of the R parts. In this way you can use the song parts to layer up to 19 voices at once when that R part is active. Use the mixing console song page to balance the levels  And with Genos DSP power each voice can have its own DSP.

You can even use this to set up one group of song parts with R1, one with R2 and another with R3. Guess what, you get seamless sound switching between the sets of layered sounds.

Offline Genos1957

« Reply #3 on: July 30, 2022, 06:43:18 AM »
Thanks for the answers, especially Derek's seems to me the most interesting. However, using a translator and not knowing English, I was unable to understand the procedure well. Is there a guide that can allow me to try step by step and achieve the desired result?
I am making this request because I would like to try to superimpose at least four registers of the Classical church organ.