Author Topic: Help: set up roli seaboard rise as midi controller for tyros 5  (Read 1434 times)

Offline gio

Help: set up roli seaboard rise as midi controller for tyros 5
« on: September 07, 2022, 02:22:18 AM »
Hi to all!
   I got a  roli seaboard rise 49 and im trying to use some patches from my tyros 5 (cello,flute,guitar) to play expressively with the roli
   I managed to make it sound but its all messed up. The piano sound and drum kits alternate when i press the roli keys... i cant make the flute, cello sound..

I am using wireless midi (widi master) it connects right away with no problems. Tyros 5 to roli.
Any help from all the keyboard masters is greatly appreciated!

Thanks in advance

Regards from houston tx
Gio

Offline Teknoss

Re: Help: set up roli seaboard rise as midi controller for tyros 5
« Reply #1 on: September 07, 2022, 11:26:52 AM »
Roli Seaboard is an MPE midi instrument, and Tyros5 doesn't have that technology at all.
(You should read about MPE midi before trying to do this.)

What you need to do is with the Roli Dashboard program, edit the parameters of your Seaboard to does NOT transmit in MPE, (the MPE format transmits in several midi channels, each note assigns it to a different midi channel) so that it only transmits in a single MIDI channel.  (Example midi channel 1, and that channel assign it to Right 1.)

Or if you want to use it in midi MPE, what I would try is to make a midi "song" (without midi data) but with ALL 16 midi channels each assigned to the same instrument (violin for example) and configure your Tyros5 to receive the data midi from the Seaboard to that "song".
 That in this case, you would be using the "song" as a special "registration" for the Roli Seaboard.
 This is something to experiment with, it may not work at all, but I've done some testing with it.
 I'm still working on it.

(Also you may need to cancel the midi transmit of some midi parameters on the Seaboard like pressure
Cutoff etc.)
« Last Edit: September 07, 2022, 11:33:53 AM by Teknoss »
Genos 2, Korg PA5X, Ketron EventX, Nord PedalKeys27

The following users thanked this post: gio

Offline gio

Re: Help: set up roli seaboard rise as midi controller for tyros 5
« Reply #2 on: September 07, 2022, 02:32:28 PM »
Thanks Teknoss. Will try your suggestion.  I use the roli with swam cello.  I saw a youtube video where a genos + roli 49 works perfectly.   Thats where i got my idea to use roli + t5