Author Topic: Is this new Genos 2 ?  (Read 11845 times)

Offline sunny

Is this new Genos 2 ?
« on: July 25, 2022, 07:59:23 PM »
Friends,
   Today I have seen Genos 2 video on Youtube. The sound is some what brighter than Genos. Is it true or fake ?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nYSVqs-tQNU

Sunny.
« Last Edit: July 25, 2022, 08:06:45 PM by sunny »

Re: Is this new Genos 2 ?
« Reply #1 on: July 25, 2022, 08:35:10 PM »
Nicely done video but totally fake. I doubt when Yamaha releases Genos 2, they will just draw the Multi Pad Controls on the surface. They'll actually work ;D. Whoever did the video had some pretty good production skills.
"Learn" your music correctly, then "practice" it. Don't practice mistakes because you'll learn them.

Offline ton37

« Reply #2 on: July 25, 2022, 09:51:05 PM »
Nicely done vid, it is just like a whish-list by words for Genos successor, but now by images. I hope he is willing to make also a 61 keys G2 for a better imagination  ;D
My best regards,
Ton

Offline Gunnar Jonny

« Reply #3 on: July 25, 2022, 09:52:28 PM »

" Is this new Genos 2? "

NO, it's not. Only speculations and wishful thinking.
I am tempted to sing: 🎶 Here we go again ......    ;D ;D
Cheers 🥂
GJ

Offline EileenL

« Reply #4 on: July 25, 2022, 11:44:15 PM »
Pull the other one  ;D ;D ;D ;D

Offline J. Larry

« Reply #5 on: July 25, 2022, 11:51:59 PM »
In that video, it asks the question:  Will it look like this?  Let's hope not.

Offline sunny

« Reply #6 on: July 26, 2022, 05:25:42 AM »
 I believe that the voices are real from Genos 2, because voices are brighter  very impressive than Genos  and the sound quality is also better than genos having more depth.

Sunny
« Last Edit: July 26, 2022, 05:30:05 AM by sunny »

Offline ton37

« Reply #7 on: July 26, 2022, 07:47:43 AM »
Nice find, @sunny. It's not rocket science to deepfake a Genos 2. With today's software and some creativity it's easy to do. Cut, paste and morph from e.g. PaX5, add some soundfonts via a DAW and then it is ready to generate 'clickbaites'. As I asked: I would like a 61 keys Genos 2 in red for my imagination. But maybe it's pure gambling on his part. I hope he is right on a few points regarding layout. Just nicely done....  ;)
« Last Edit: July 26, 2022, 08:43:23 AM by ton37 »
My best regards,
Ton

« Reply #8 on: July 26, 2022, 01:08:15 PM »
I believe that the voices are real from Genos 2, because voices are brighter  very impressive than Genos  and the sound quality is also better than genos having more depth.
Sunny
And how exactly did he manage to acquire the Genos 2 voices from Yamaha? There's zero chance that Yamaha said, "Here is the entire voice set for the Genos 2. Go and produce a teaser video for us." I'd say he used VST voices.
"Learn" your music correctly, then "practice" it. Don't practice mistakes because you'll learn them.

Online RoyB

« Reply #9 on: July 26, 2022, 02:00:27 PM »
Logically, I think most of us would say this video must be an elaborate fake.

However, credit to this guy - he did post a similar preview video of the Korg PA5X 6 months ago in January (5 months before its public release) which turned out to be accurate.

So, who knows?

If his spec-guessing turns out to be correct, then I will be replacing my Tyros 5 (I wasn't tempted by Genos 1). The 16GB memory for expansion seems rather hopeful though - for this to work, Yamaha must come up with some new way of installing expansion voices, otherwise it would take about 6 hours to format and load 16GB of expansion voices via YEM (going on the rate at which Tyros 5 and Genos1 loads them).

....... and wouldn't it be convenient for Yamaha if teasing details of a forthcoming new Genos 2 were to leak out just as its main competitor launched a new model?

« Last Edit: July 26, 2022, 02:14:08 PM by RoyB »
Roy

Tyros 5-76; Roland FA08; Yammex V3; Behringer Q502USB; Arturia BeatStep; Alesis Elevate 3 MkIII;  Yamaha YST-FSW050; Sony MDR 7510; MultiTrackStudio Pro + AAMS.

YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCQu3I6XidcZWOmsl_FM49_Q/videos

« Reply #10 on: July 26, 2022, 02:26:39 PM »
16 Multi pad and also double Style player like Pa5x??... As far as I can see, it doesn't look that fake... Who knows?

« Reply #11 on: July 26, 2022, 02:42:16 PM »
Agreed, Roy. The guy did put out an excellent video.

The Genos has been an excellent product but Yamaha has a lot of catching up to do. Their core voices like pianos, organs, and e. pianos are lagging behind. The touch screen needs to be bigger, full color, capacitive touch, and tiltable. The OS is lagging behind in conventional methodology and needs to mimic main stay computer technology. The Style Creator is great if you want to spend a lifetime doing a deep dive on how to use it. Performing musicians like myself, just want to create critical styles quickly. We don't have time to sit and figure out the convoluted methods. I gave up on YEM a long time ago and the latest update completely ruined my default slider and knob views.

I have faith Yamaha will blow the 5X out of the water. They need to get it right the first time and not treat their customers as beta testers AND they need to do it soon.

The following users thanked this post: Twice

Online RoyB

« Reply #12 on: July 26, 2022, 02:46:42 PM »
Yes, there are certain details on this video which you might not expect to see on a fake mock-up, which seems to give it some credibility. However, as the tiltable screen is a significant new feature, I might have expected to see the screen tilted on the front view shot, whereas we only see it tilted from the rear (which would be easier to fake).

However, as I said - this guy has good form when it comes to posting these preview video teasers months before public release.
Roy

Tyros 5-76; Roland FA08; Yammex V3; Behringer Q502USB; Arturia BeatStep; Alesis Elevate 3 MkIII;  Yamaha YST-FSW050; Sony MDR 7510; MultiTrackStudio Pro + AAMS.

« Reply #13 on: July 26, 2022, 02:49:47 PM »
I would like to know from forum members who deeply studied the Genos hardware (PJD ?), if the "Genos 2" could be provided as a full OS software + samples update (of course yes), with a kind of "Vitalize" hardware unit  (as it was from electone stageA ELS01 to ELS02)

Offline ugawoga

« Reply #14 on: July 26, 2022, 03:48:12 PM »
Hi
To me it does not look any different than the current Genos .
Just repositioning of  the pads and One touch buttons.
No evidence of anything really
Same buttons with cheap screen print
FAKE ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D If it was serious it would be GENOS 3
« Last Edit: July 26, 2022, 03:56:51 PM by ugawoga »
Genos, I7 computer 32 gig ram, Focusrite 6i6, Cubase controller, Focal Alpha Monitors, Yamaha DXR8 Speakers
Cubase 10, Sonarworks, Izotope.  Sampletank, Arturia and Korg software.  Now IK Mixbox

Offline sunny

« Reply #15 on: July 26, 2022, 04:08:08 PM »
Yes, there are certain details on this video which you might not expect to see on a fake mock-up, which seems to give it some credibility. However, as the tiltable screen is a significant new feature, I might have expected to see the screen tilted on the front view shot, whereas we only see it tilted from the rear (which would be easier to fake).

However, as I said - this guy has good form when it comes to posting these preview video teasers months before public release.

I don't think the audio is created by using software,and not from Korg PA 5X voices but sounds same like Genos, more brighter, clear and having more depth.

Sunny
« Last Edit: July 26, 2022, 04:11:03 PM by sunny »

Offline EileenL

« Reply #16 on: July 26, 2022, 04:43:40 PM »
There is no way you could tell if the voices were brighter without playing the keyboard its self. We can all make the Genos voices sound brighter with a little editing to them anyway.
  I do hope they don't have a cross fade for styles as in Korg. waste of time and space.

« Reply #17 on: July 26, 2022, 04:47:47 PM »
I understand that this is a mock-up, but whoever's done it has added 16 multipad buttons. Is that something that people want?

Offline sunny

« Reply #18 on: July 26, 2022, 05:12:19 PM »
There is no way you could tell if the voices were brighter without playing the keyboard its self. We can all make the Genos voices sound brighter with a little editing to them anyway.
  I do hope they don't have a cross fade for styles as in Korg. waste of time and space.

Hi Eileen,
            Whether you remember or not when Tyros4 is going to be announced, one guy posted Tyros4 video having blue lights, you posted in this forum by saying it is fake video as Tyros 4 will not have blue lights but the video became real , Tyros 4 got blue lights.

I don't think it is waste of time and space , let us wait and see.

Sunny
« Last Edit: July 26, 2022, 05:14:22 PM by sunny »

Online RoyB

« Reply #19 on: July 26, 2022, 05:16:17 PM »
I understand that this is a mock-up, but whoever's done it has added 16 multipad buttons. Is that something that people want?

16 assignable pad buttons like this are a trend. Roland have them on their workstations, they are on the Korg PA5X, and perhaps now on the Genos 2? As you can assign various things to them individually, I think many players could find them very useful. 
Roy

Offline valimaties

« Reply #20 on: July 26, 2022, 06:38:08 PM »
16 Multi pad and also double Style player like Pa5x??... As far as I can see, it doesn't look that fake... Who knows?

It looks like a big big fake... why? look at the font style for second style name and MultiPad's name! It is not Yamaha's font style used in Genos. In the MPad area on the screen, "16" was wrote with a font style that is not used by Yamaha, it is like a serif font. A big mistake ;D

Vali Maties - Genos

Offline sunny

« Reply #21 on: July 26, 2022, 06:49:30 PM »
Unofficial information :

New Specs:
✅ USB 3
✅ Screen lifting system
✅ 16 PADs [multipads]
✅ 8 OTS
✅ 2 Style Players
✅ 16 Gb Expansion Memory
✅ More complex Style Editor
✅ 32 tracks Internal MIDI and 8 visible tracks
✅ programmable RGB LEDs
✅ Portamento & Legato similar to the PSR A5000
✅ AND MORE......

Offline valimaties

« Reply #22 on: July 26, 2022, 06:58:17 PM »
Unofficial information :

New Specs:
✅ USB 3
✅ Screen lifting system
✅ 16 PADs [multipads]
✅ 8 OTS
✅ 2 Style Players
✅ 16 Gb Expansion Memory
✅ More complex Style Editor
✅ 32 tracks Internal MIDI and 8 visible tracks
✅ programmable RGB LEDs
✅ Portamento & Legato similar to the PSR A5000
✅ AND MORE......

Please stop this bu**it ...
I don't think Yamaha will release this year Genos 2. It is to soon (after PA5X), or to late for this year ....

I don't believe anything from this... And if Yamaha will make a Christmas tree with RGB leds, Genos will be the last keyboard I bought from Yamaha! There are already a lot of limitations on Yamaha arrangers, if they will made it a Christmas tree, sorry, but will be  the most dissapointing thing !!!!
BTW, from this POV, Korg PA5X is also very ugly with those multi color buttons....  :P
« Last Edit: July 26, 2022, 07:18:09 PM by valimaties »

Vali Maties - Genos

Mike2

« Reply #23 on: July 26, 2022, 07:59:06 PM »
Completely Fake News. Why not?  This world is full of it.  It's in everything.  Yes, this was professionally put together. Why would someone even go through all the work.  Fake news sells, especially in the USA.

Offline Gunnar Jonny

« Reply #24 on: July 26, 2022, 09:51:20 PM »
The pics are photoshopped and a kind of a mix of Genos and PA5X.
I guess someone earn a lot of cliks now, there's a lot of clickbaits around for all kind of things.  ;D
At some point there probably will arrive a Genos successor, but I'm pretty sure it's not anything like or even close to those fake pictures.
Cheers 🥂
GJ

Offline ugawoga

« Reply #25 on: July 26, 2022, 09:59:11 PM »
Nobody gets it

if it was genuine it would be called GENOS  3
Genos, I7 computer 32 gig ram, Focusrite 6i6, Cubase controller, Focal Alpha Monitors, Yamaha DXR8 Speakers
Cubase 10, Sonarworks, Izotope.  Sampletank, Arturia and Korg software.  Now IK Mixbox

Offline EileenL

« Reply #26 on: July 26, 2022, 10:31:59 PM »
Would be very surprised if Yamaha went back to Green Buttons. These were changed to Blue for a reason and that is many players are colour blind and don't see green.

Offline SciNote

« Reply #27 on: July 26, 2022, 11:20:20 PM »
Of course it's fake!  It's right there in the title of the video... "Will it look like this?"  It's clearly one person's guess as to what a Genos 2 may look like, not some sort of "official" leak or press release.

Ugawoga, I'm just curious... Why do you say a real preview would be called Genos 3, when Genos 2 has not been released?

Validates, most likely, if the new Genos does have RGB LED's, that would just most likely mean that the user could choose their own color preference for the buttons.  I doubt that they would be locked into a multi-color "Christmas tree" mode.

And Eileen, I agree that there's virtually no way to tell details of the sound through a YouTube video, and that there are numerous ways these sounds could have been manipulated.
Bob
Current: Yamaha PSR-E433 (x2), Roland GAIA SH-01, Casio CDP-200R, Casio MT-68 (wired to bass pedals)
Past: Yamaha PSR-520, PSR-510, PSR-500, DX-7, D-80 home organ, and a few Casios

Offline Gunnar Jonny

« Reply #28 on: July 26, 2022, 11:46:44 PM »

Ugawoga do have a good point, because at the moment we have Genos v2.11.  ;D
Cheers 🥂
GJ

Offline pjd

« Reply #29 on: July 27, 2022, 12:51:43 AM »

Ugawoga, I'm just curious... Why do you say a real preview would be called Genos 3, when Genos 2 has not been released?

John’s sense of humor! Yes, I get it.  :D

These predictions and Genos 3.14159 do get ridiculous at some point.  :)

Love the one you’re with — pj (a 60s child)

Offline ugawoga

« Reply #30 on: July 27, 2022, 08:59:28 AM »
John’s sense of humor! Yes, I get it.  :D

These predictions and Genos 3.14159 do get ridiculous at some point.  :)

Love the one you’re with — pj (a 60s child)

PI     , First letter in the Greek word perimitros, which means "perimeter. :P :o ::)

We already have Genos 2 8)
« Last Edit: July 27, 2022, 09:01:42 AM by ugawoga »

The following users thanked this post: TheBitfiddler

Offline EileenL

« Reply #31 on: July 27, 2022, 03:37:52 PM »
No John,
  We have Genos1 with a version two update. It is still Genos1. ;) 8) ;)

Online Toril S

« Reply #32 on: July 27, 2022, 04:05:33 PM »
Fake fake fake! But fun.
Toril S

Genos, Tyros 5, PSR S975, PSR 2100
and PSR-47.
Former keyboards: PSR-S970.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCLVwWdb36Yd3LMBjAnm6pTQ?view_as=subscriber

Toril's PSR Performer Page

The following users thanked this post: vitalog2010

Offline ugawoga

« Reply #33 on: July 27, 2022, 05:27:53 PM »
Hi Toril
Hope you are not swearing!! ;D ::)

Bachus

« Reply #34 on: July 28, 2022, 09:00:04 AM »
Clearly someone went trough a lot of trouble to present his wishlist for G2 in such a nice way..

Sadly its kind of obsessed by the new things pa5x has to offer
And so misses out on all those things the pa4x allready offers that are not in the Genos
(Genos tough has many other things not in the PA4x)

Anyway, we need to wait till atleast late 2024 to see a Genos upgrade.
Probably later if they don’t get a grip on the chip shortage.

The only thing that dissapoints me in the Genos after many years of use, is the number of feature upgrades they did
All other Yamaha keys except the arrangers get several upgrades with new features during their lifetime
The Genos as Yamaha’s most expensive chil got the shaft in this department.
The products handled by Yamaha US have a huge edge here..

But as a whole, i am still very happy with the Genos..

Offline marius9

« Reply #35 on: July 28, 2022, 10:37:59 AM »
It seems that it might be true:

https://youtu.be/e9HIxjZ47oE

Offline ugawoga

« Reply #36 on: July 28, 2022, 03:14:00 PM »
The Hollies ;D

Offline Gunnar Jonny

« Reply #37 on: July 28, 2022, 04:25:55 PM »

Ray Charles & Nora Jones 🎶🎶
Cheers 🥂
GJ

Offline pjd

« Reply #38 on: July 28, 2022, 06:43:48 PM »
Here we go again...  >:(

GGGGGGGGGGGGGaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhh!  ::)

If the Youtube says "Romanian Keyboard", you're in the den of fake click-bait.

-- pj

Offline sunny

« Reply #39 on: July 28, 2022, 07:32:07 PM »

Friends, Do not expect too much from Genos 2, your dreams  will not become true, but believe what you are seeing. This video might be true about Genos 2.
When we look Tyros line series, There is no much difference (i.e) design, features between Tyros 4 and Tyros5, only little difference we can notice , so in the same way Genos 2 may be also same like Genos but we may expect High quality voices, styles etc and increased memory and some other new features.

Sunny.
« Last Edit: July 28, 2022, 07:46:11 PM by sunny »

The following users thanked this post: TheBitfiddler

Offline sunny

« Reply #40 on: July 28, 2022, 07:41:32 PM »

It might be true because when we compare the sound in two youtube videos, the voices sound same.
                  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nYSVqs-tQNU

The sound is very bright, mostly preferred by oriental musicians and ethnic music players. If it really Genos 2, then this keyboard will become world keyboard.

Sunny
« Last Edit: July 28, 2022, 08:02:01 PM by sunny »

Offline sunny

« Reply #41 on: July 28, 2022, 08:22:57 PM »
It looks like a big big fake... why? look at the font style for second style name and MultiPad's name! It is not Yamaha's font style used in Genos. In the MPad area on the screen, "16" was wrote with a font style that is not used by Yamaha, it is like a serif font. A big mistake ;D

What ever font style it may be, but the sound is very impressive, i am  ready to buy one from India as soon it is released to play for this Christmas.

Sunny.
« Last Edit: July 28, 2022, 08:27:21 PM by sunny »

Offline Amwilburn

« Reply #42 on: July 28, 2022, 09:21:34 PM »
What Paul (and all of us, really) are saying: is stop pushing the clickbait. It's obviously not real, when the video even asks "Will it look like this".
These websites are famous for clickbait; for 7 years there were videos of Pa5x clickbait circulating :p

What ever font style it may be, but the sound is very impressive, i am  ready to buy one from India as soon it is released to play for this Christmas.

Sunny.
Well, Yamaha has given no indication they have any plans to release a G2 this Christmas, so that would be very impressive to buy one ;D

As the G1 was 2.5 years after Pa4x, my *guess* is G2 might release between the end of 2023-end of 2024. Then again, technically we are on the G2 update; Yamaha could simply update again v3.0 :p

Mark

Offline Michael Trigoboff

« Reply #43 on: July 29, 2022, 04:31:37 AM »
I’d settle for a new version of the firmware.  8)
retired software developer and Computer Science instructor
Grateful Deadhead emeritus

"He had decided to live forever or die in the attempt."
-- Joseph Heller, Catch-22

Offline marius9

« Reply #44 on: July 29, 2022, 06:43:38 AM »
GGGGGGGGGGGGGaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhh!  ::)

If the Youtube says "Romanian Keyboard", you're in the den of fake click-bait.

-- pj

Well, I watched this channel when they posted the Korg Pa5X and everyboday said it is fake... Look on the videos there when they posted some pictures or videos of Korg Pa5X before releasing officialy and see the comments (where people say it is fake and Korg would not release a keyboard with pads etc.).  And the keyboard that came out, it was proven to be exactly the same and that the videos were not fake..
I am not saying that this is true, because I don't know. But there are chances in both directions. It could be even a leaked concept from the Yamaha desingning team. Who knows...

We will just have to wait and see. I, personally, am glad that there are new releases of keyboards indifferent of the brand.

Offline sunny

« Reply #45 on: July 29, 2022, 02:18:11 PM »
Well, I watched this channel when they posted the Korg Pa5X and everyboday said it is fake... Look on the videos there when they posted some pictures or videos of Korg Pa5X before releasing officialy and see the comments (where people say it is fake and Korg would not release a keyboard with pads etc.).  And the keyboard that came out, it was proven to be exactly the same and that the videos were not fake..
I am not saying that this is true, because I don't know. But there are chances in both directions. It could be even a leaked concept from the Yamaha desingning team. Who knows...

We will just have to wait and see. I, personally, am glad that there are new releases of keyboards indifferent of the brand.

When Tyros 4 video was posted on youtube and every body said it is fake including Eileen, where people say Tyros 4 will not have blue lights, but Tyros4 came out with blue lights. I think the same situation will repeat for this Genos 2 videos also.
Let's wait and see.

Sunny.
« Last Edit: July 29, 2022, 02:22:46 PM by sunny »

Offline mixermixer

« Reply #46 on: July 29, 2022, 02:55:32 PM »
For all we know they just used genos sounds and played with the EQ.

Offline Duffy

« Reply #47 on: July 29, 2022, 03:21:34 PM »
Strange that in rear view, screen is always tilted up but, in front view it is always shown down. Is it too hard to draw in a likeness without giving the game away?

Offline pjd

« Reply #48 on: July 29, 2022, 08:15:56 PM »
Well, I watched this channel when they posted the Korg Pa5X and everybody said it is fake...

Yes, because like many members here, they have watched that particular Youtube channel (user, whatever) pump out fake click-bait videos for years. Even a broken clock is right twice a day.  ;D

BTW, someone on the Korg Forum alleges that a pre-release Pa5x was stolen from a loading dock in Romania and was the source of the one and only credible video. How often does that happen?

98.8% of everything posted on Youtube is rubbish -- pj
« Last Edit: July 29, 2022, 08:17:01 PM by pjd »

Online Toril S

« Reply #49 on: July 29, 2022, 11:17:22 PM »
I wish Genos 2 could be a digital accordion, Roland has stopped making them. I don't have one, but a Genos on my lap kinda feels interesting :)
Toril S

Genos, Tyros 5, PSR S975, PSR 2100
and PSR-47.
Former keyboards: PSR-S970.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCLVwWdb36Yd3LMBjAnm6pTQ?view_as=subscriber

Toril's PSR Performer Page