Author Topic: Charade Strings PSR SX900  (Read 1626 times)

Offline chax

Charade Strings PSR SX900
« on: July 25, 2022, 02:12:11 AM »
In the following Youtube is played an old number ‘Charade’. The strings sound awesome. Can we get the same effect in sx900? If so kindly suggest R1,R2,R3 Voices with other settings and parameters.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sWS_eEw-fw8

Thanks
Chax

Offline chax

Re: Charade Strings PSR SX900
« Reply #1 on: July 25, 2022, 02:16:28 AM »
Strings at 1.30 and 3.07
Chax

Offline EileenL

« Reply #2 on: July 25, 2022, 04:21:48 PM »
Try using Allegro strings in the Legacy folder in your mix.

Offline mikf

« Reply #3 on: July 25, 2022, 07:29:17 PM »
I don’t hear anything very extraordinary about the strings. He uses harmony to thicken them up, but you can do that on any of the PSRs. I think there are several string voices on the PSRs at least as good.

Mike

Offline overover

« Reply #4 on: July 25, 2022, 09:13:37 PM »
Isn't this (at the mentioned time positions) more of an ORGAN voice (perhaps combined with relatively dark strings)?

Best regards,
Chris
➪ Everyone kept saying "That won't work!" - Then someone came along who didn't know that and just did it.
➪ Never put the manual too far away: There's more in it than you think! ;-)

Offline andyg

« Reply #5 on: July 25, 2022, 09:52:51 PM »
The trick with ensemble strings registration is to listen to, and try out, every patch you have - including those now found in 'Legacy'. Then try out all the combinations thereof. I hardly ever just use one strings patch on its own. Don't be afraid to layer in a gentle solo string voice in with the other(s). And don't be afraid to take an old solo string voice from Legacy, reduce its vibrato, maybe edit its tone, attack and release and then add Symphonic DSP. Layer that softly with other(s).

And if you want the 'cascading strings' popularised by Mantovani, just press the Sustain button and play in a 'bad', overlapping style. With practice, this can be very realistic.

I could go on and on with lots of advice but that's your lot for now! 1 to 1 lessons available on Zoom, reasonable fees! :)
It's not what you play, it's not how you play. It's the fact that you're playing that counts.

www.andrew-gilbert.com

The following users thanked this post: Graham UK, motekmusic

Offline chax

« Reply #6 on: July 27, 2022, 08:06:51 AM »
Thankful  and Grateful for all your suggestions.
Chax