Author Topic: Missing file when creating pack  (Read 984 times)

Offline wannjl

Missing file when creating pack
« on: July 25, 2022, 01:00:53 AM »
I am using a PSR SX900 firmware 111, Windows 11 PC, and Expansion Mgr 2.8.1, using USB.   Using expansion manager I create pack, but it only creates a cqi or a ppi file.  When I put it in the SX900 I get an error saying "Cannot execute quick installation.  Install with a full installer (.ppi/cpi)."   I cannot figure out what I am doing wrong.
« Last Edit: July 25, 2022, 01:39:36 AM by wannjl »
Hammond XK3, XK5, Leslie 3300
Yamaha PSR s710,   PSR SX900
CenterPoint SpaceStation
ACME B2, Crown Sub
Neo Ventilator

Offline EileenL

Re: Missing file when creating pack
« Reply #1 on: July 25, 2022, 04:16:48 PM »
When you press Save pack as at the bottom of the screen you will see it telling you what it will save. Just press this and you will have three choices select either CPI or PPI.

Offline overover

Re: Missing file when creating pack
« Reply #2 on: July 25, 2022, 05:30:53 PM »
I am using a PSR SX900 firmware 111, Windows 11 PC, and Expansion Mgr 2.8.1, using USB.   Using expansion manager I create pack, but it only creates a cqi or a ppi file.  When I put it in the SX900 I get an error saying "Cannot execute quick installation.  Install with a full installer (.ppi/cpi)."   I cannot figure out what I am doing wrong.

Hi wannjl,

The Quick Pack Installation method can only be used when the previously installed Expansion content on the keyboard is still in the YEM.

Then you can import additional packs into the YEM (and select for installation) and/or deselect previously installed packs. It is important that all packs that you want to have on the keyboard are selected in the YEM (green tick). If protected packs (.cpf) are involved, you can only choose the ".cqi" (.CQI) file type for a Quick Installation. If only non-protected or self-created packs (.ppf) are involved, choose the ".pqi" (.PQI) file type.

For a FULL Pack installation, choose ".cpi" (.CPI) or (if no protected packs are involved) ".ppi" (.PPI) as the file type for the Pack Installation File. (To switch to a different file type, click on the line with the current file type in the Save window and then select the desired different file type in the drop-down list that appears.)

Hope this helps!

Best regards,
Chris
« Last Edit: July 25, 2022, 05:37:29 PM by overover »
➪ Everyone kept saying "That won't work!" - Then someone came along who didn't know that and just did it.
➪ Never put the manual too far away: There's more in it than you think! ;-)