Author Topic: PSR-SX900 +Audio styles, where are they?  (Read 1662 times)

Offline DaPaleRider

PSR-SX900 +Audio styles, where are they?
« on: July 23, 2022, 07:08:42 PM »
Hello all. I am a proud owner of the PSR-SX900. I have a question about the +Audio styles. What styles are those. I can't find any with this label?
Anyone?
Yamaha CK61, Yamaha MODX7, Korg Pa5X, Yamaha YH-WL500, Roland Fantom 07, Roland Boutique D-05/TR-08, Logic Pro

Re: PSR-SX900 +Audio styles, where are they?
« Reply #1 on: July 23, 2022, 09:48:49 PM »
Hello all. I am a proud owner of the PSR-SX900. I have a question about the +Audio styles. What styles are those. I can't find any with this label?
Anyone?

The SX900 doesn’t come with Audio Styles  :(

Offline DaPaleRider

« Reply #2 on: July 23, 2022, 10:47:02 PM »
The reference manual tells me it does.
Yamaha CK61, Yamaha MODX7, Korg Pa5X, Yamaha YH-WL500, Roland Fantom 07, Roland Boutique D-05/TR-08, Logic Pro

Offline rezaazadi1361

« Reply #3 on: July 23, 2022, 11:03:27 PM »
You can download Audio styles here (Other downloads section on the bottom of the page: 
https://usa.yamaha.com/products/musical_instruments/keyboards/arranger_workstations/genos/downloads.html#product-tabs

copy styles on usb or internal (user) drive and play. Enjoy

Offline Fred Smith

« Reply #4 on: July 24, 2022, 03:19:21 AM »

This is what the reference manual says: "Audio Styles can be played back and controlled by this instrument; however, by default the data is not included on this instrument. Audio Styles or Expansion Packs that contain Audio Styles may be available at the Yamaha website."

Note the part that says "not included with this instrument".

That's why you have to download them from the Yamaha site.

Cheers,
Fred
Fred Smith,
Saskatoon, SK
Sun Lakes, AZ
Genos, Bose L1 compacts, Finale 2015
Check out my Registration Lessons

Offline Simone1972

« Reply #5 on: July 24, 2022, 06:42:44 AM »
Unfortunately these audio styles are in "genos" format, therefore are not fully compatible with SX900.
E.g. the DSPs are muted in most of them with poor results at the end.
It would be great to have the T5 versions of those styles: they would be full compatible from that perspective.

Regards

Offline Amwilburn

« Reply #6 on: July 24, 2022, 09:50:25 PM »
Unfortunately these audio styles are in "genos" format, therefore are not fully compatible with SX900.
E.g. the DSPs are muted in most of them with poor results at the end.
It would be great to have the T5 versions of those styles: they would be full compatible from that perspective.

Regards

Not quite; they *are* the T5 versions, with which the Genos is fully compatible. The sx900 is nearly a T5 with all the S.Art2 sounds removed (and yes, some of the DSP's don't map properly either).

There *used* to be PSRs970/975 Audio styles availabe for purchase on the musicsoft website, and I never even thought about purchasing them because I have an s970, so they're already all on-board my instrument. Now I wish I had, specifically because I want them on the sx900.

The good news with the T5 Audio styles is you *can*  re-save an edited version in user memory with properly set voices and DSPS, but yeah it's a lot of work, and you can't export them  :-\

Mark