Author Topic: User Insertion Effect Not Saved with style  (Read 1411 times)

Offline brucerez

User Insertion Effect Not Saved with style
« on: July 21, 2022, 11:30:01 PM »
I insert two user Insertion Effect to the Rhythm 2 and Bass channels of a style and then I save the style through Style Creator.
When I change to another style and get back to the same style the user Insertion Effect is not saved and get back to default insertion effect.

Anyone has experienced this kind of situation?
Any help would be appreciated.

Offline Michael Trigoboff

Re: User Insertion Effect Not Saved with style
« Reply #1 on: July 21, 2022, 11:54:09 PM »
Perhaps you need to save your effects setup to a registration before you go to another style.
retired software developer and Computer Science instructor
Grateful Deadhead emeritus

"He had decided to live forever or die in the attempt."
-- Joseph Heller, Catch-22

Offline brucerez

« Reply #2 on: July 22, 2022, 06:29:17 PM »
Perhaps you need to save your effects setup to a registration before you go to another style.

Thank you Michael for your reply.

Actually we can edit and modify the parameters of any Insertion effects and then save it into an user and then assign it to a Style channel. That's very good option and no problem here.
The problem is that when we assign the modified Insertion effect (user) to a style channel (ex; to Rhythm 2 channel) and save the style,
unfortunately the modified Insertion effect is not saved with the style.

Offline RONBO

« Reply #3 on: July 24, 2022, 06:58:11 PM »
Did you consider re-naming the style?

regards

Ron
PSR Performer Page                                  IT'S EASY TO BE THE SHIP'S CAPTAIN WHEN THE  SEAS ARE CALM

Proud Genos2 owner

Former boards  PSR2100, PSR 910, TYROS 4,  TYROS 5 and Genos

Offline brucerez

« Reply #4 on: July 24, 2022, 07:52:51 PM »
Thanks Ron for your reply.
Yes I did to rename the style but no luck, same problem.

Could you please try it with your keyboard (if it's a PSR-SX series or Genos) and see if it works for you?

Just assigning a User Insertion Effect (Not Preset Insertion) to one of the Rhythm 1 or 2 or Bass channel of a style,
save the style. Selecting any other style and get back to the same style to see if the User Insertion effect is still there and has not changed.

Thank you

Offline jwyvern

« Reply #5 on: July 25, 2022, 09:19:19 AM »
On Genos I found some time ago that saving a style does not retain the user settings for the chorus/ system effects. I get around this by saving the setups in registrations (which I prefer anyway) rather than just relying on the styles to save everything.
As far as user insertion effects are concerned I have just done a quick check, assigning a user to a style bass part, saving the style, then changing to a different style with a different bass effect, and finally loading the newly saved style back in.
I found that the style no longer shows the effect with its user name (originally given by me), but labels it by its type (EQ in this case). This may give the impression the special effect has not been saved, but in fact when I checked the parameters they were set at the levels I expected for the user. So in my case saving the style saves the appropriate insertion effect parameters but not the user name.
John

Offline brucerez

« Reply #6 on: July 25, 2022, 07:00:36 PM »
On Genos I found some time ago that saving a style does not retain the user settings for the chorus/ system effects. I get around this by saving the setups in registrations (which I prefer anyway) rather than just relying on the styles to save everything.
As far as user insertion effects are concerned I have just done a quick check, assigning a user to a style bass part, saving the style, then changing to a different style with a different bass effect, and finally loading the newly saved style back in.
I found that the style no longer shows the effect with its user name (originally given by me), but labels it by its type (EQ in this case). This may give the impression the special effect has not been saved, but in fact when I checked the parameters they were set at the levels I expected for the user. So in my case saving the style saves the appropriate insertion effect parameters but not the user name.
John

Thank you John for sharing your experiences.

This is a good news that the parameters stay saved with the style even thought the user name not saved with it.
In this case I can just take notes of my customized parameters and apply them for different styles.

Actually I want to apply the same EQ/Compressor for the Drum and Bass channels of all my styles, that way it stays more consistent when using my Pa system.

Regarding using the registration, that could be a solution too as you mentioned but I use the registration in different way.
I use the Registration only for selecting for my different custom voices and never save the style with them.

Thanks again for your help.