Author Topic: Genos mono  (Read 2650 times)

Offline Genos1957

Genos mono
« on: July 21, 2022, 04:28:45 AM »
Cordial greetings. In your opinion it is better to use the genos amplified in mono or stereo. I noticed that Genos, especially the piano, sounds better in headphones than in my Maui 5. In your opinion it is better to take another one for concerts.

Offline mikf

Re: Genos mono
« Reply #1 on: July 21, 2022, 06:05:04 AM »
These keyboards all sound better in stereo. But then you get into a separate discussion about whether stereo is truly possible in a large room or hall especially filled with moving people, and where the positioning of the speakers may not be optimal, because true stereo only happens in a very small area where the sound channels are properly separated. But then there is another set of opinions  that this area may be much greater when using modern column speakers like Maui or Bose.
So who knows? You almost have to find out for yourself by playing recorded music from the keyboard while walking round the room. However, having said all that it seems that many people think it does sound better with two. I have personally never tried it, I think there is more than a fair chance that it only sounds better to the player, because they happen to be in the approximate right position.
Mike

Offline Graham UK

« Reply #2 on: July 21, 2022, 09:53:17 AM »
About Stereo...Not mentioned is with stereo you get image depth which with Mono you won't get.
Playing a stereo signal through Mono you can also get phase cancellations.
« Last Edit: July 21, 2022, 12:28:24 PM by Graham UK »
DGX670

Offline Fred Smith

« Reply #3 on: July 21, 2022, 01:00:26 PM »

Playing a stereo signal through Mono you can also get phase cancellations.

Is that good or bad?

Cheers,
Fred
Fred Smith,
Saskatoon, SK
Sun Lakes, AZ
Genos, Bose L1 compacts, Finale 2015
Check out my Registration Lessons

Offline Graham UK

« Reply #4 on: July 21, 2022, 04:48:24 PM »
Fred. phase cancellations means parts of the wanted signal is eliminated, this can make, example piano not sound correct.
With your experience you already know this ?.
DGX670

Offline pjd

« Reply #5 on: July 21, 2022, 04:50:20 PM »

The following users thanked this post: vanzee

Offline Fred Smith

« Reply #6 on: July 21, 2022, 08:36:21 PM »
Fred Smith,
Saskatoon, SK
Sun Lakes, AZ
Genos, Bose L1 compacts, Finale 2015
Check out my Registration Lessons

Offline Genos1957

« Reply #7 on: July 22, 2022, 06:22:03 PM »
Some of you have tried to play with two Maui 5?