Author Topic: Creating registrations/playlists on CVP-805 for use on PSR-SX900  (Read 1849 times)

Offline chadsolo

I just would like some confirmation (or otherwise) for my thinking here. I am creating registrations on my CVP-805 that I am saving to USB. I am drawing on Styles that are in the CVP-805 for some registrations and Styles that I have downloaded that are on the USB for others. As I understand the process a registration points to where all the constituent components are stored.

I have the objective of using these registrations on a PSR SX900 so I can play gigs  (haven't bought it yet so cant test my ideas). I am imagining that I should be saving the all the styles that are being used in the registrations onto the USB obviously particularly the ones that are resident on the CVP- 805 as they would not be accessible to the PSR SX 900 via the registration information as it stands presently.

Am I on the right track here.? I have been starting to accumulate playlists and am starting to think I will have to go back and save any Styles used from the keyboard to USB first and then re-save every registration with the Styles being used all coming from the USB stick.

Thanks for any assistance
« Last Edit: July 21, 2022, 10:58:56 PM by chadsolo »

Re: Creating registrations/playlists on CVP-809 for use on PSR-SX900
« Reply #1 on: July 21, 2022, 11:13:35 AM »
your correct about the styles, however the registrations wont transfer as yamaha use different coding, However Murray best has a programmed called YRM which converts RGT failing that send me the rgt and will convert them for you

The following users thanked this post: chadsolo

Offline EileenL

Re: Creating registrations/playlists on CVP-809 for use on PSR-SX900
« Reply #2 on: July 21, 2022, 12:19:20 PM »
Also remember that you only have two right hand voices but on SX900 you have three.

The following users thanked this post: chadsolo