Author Topic: Master Keyboard Templates?  (Read 936 times)

Offline Michael Trigoboff

Master Keyboard Templates?
« on: July 20, 2022, 12:47:41 AM »
Quote from: pj
Genos has two master keyboard templates. S970 has one master keyboard template and one song template. The rest of the templates are the same.

On Genos, the first master template sends aftertouch, the second does not. Weird choice…

The song template assigns all incoming channels to a Song part. I believe this is the Genos factory default state.

In another thread, pj mentioned “master keyboard templates.“ What are these, where can you find them in the user interface?

I couldn’t find any mention of them in the Genos docs. Are these the same as MIDI Templates?
« Last Edit: July 20, 2022, 12:48:42 AM by Michael Trigoboff »
retired software developer and Computer Science instructor
Grateful Deadhead emeritus

"He had decided to live forever or die in the attempt."
-- Joseph Heller, Catch-22

Offline pjd

Re: Master Keyboard Templates?
« Reply #1 on: July 20, 2022, 05:38:45 PM »
Hi Michael --

Nothing special. I believe I was referring to the two pre-programmed MIDI templates: Master KBD1 and Master KBD2.

All of these pre-programmed templates are just starting points. I try to make and check MIDI settings every time I wire up something new or different.

Generally, I leave the Genos on either the All Parts template or the KBD & Style template. None of these templates ever fit exactly what I need to do, so I always make settings as needed.

Hope this clarifies -- pj

The following users thanked this post: Michael Trigoboff