Author Topic: "Stacking" DSP Effects and Registrations  (Read 1911 times)

Offline Michael Trigoboff

"Stacking" DSP Effects and Registrations
« on: July 30, 2022, 03:06:02 AM »
I have been experimenting with "stacking" DSP effects and registrations. ("Stacking" DSP effects involves going to the Effect page of the Mixer and tapping Assign Part Setting.)

In particular, I am trying to modify the preset OverdriveWahWah voice to be touch wah instead of auto wah.

OverdriveWahWah comes with the Multi FX Crunch Wah insertion effect, which does auto wah. I moved this effect to the Insertion Effect1 slot for convenience, and then turned off its auto wah component by setting WAH SW to Off.

Then I added VCM Touch Wah to to the Insertion Effect2 slot, and set it up to sound the way I wanted it to.

I set this modified voice to be Right2. Both effects slots had their Assign Part set to Right2.

I saved this setup in a registration file. But I found that when I loaded the registration later on, I got inconsistent results. It seems like perhaps a registration file does not reliably store this "stacked" effects setting.

Can anyone verify that this is a known property of registration files? Am I doing something wrong? Is there a better way to store this modified voice and its stacked effects setting?
« Last Edit: July 30, 2022, 03:11:32 AM by Michael Trigoboff »
retired software developer and Computer Science instructor
Grateful Deadhead emeritus

"He had decided to live forever or die in the attempt."
-- Joseph Heller, Catch-22

Offline jwyvern

Re: "Stacking" DSP Effects and Registrations
« Reply #1 on: July 30, 2022, 11:42:59 AM »
Registrations will only return the edited parameters of the first DSP effect assigned to a voice. To edit parameters of a second DSP and ensure they are accessible to the reg. you need to first save your edited DSP as a user effect (in one of the user slots). Then memorise your registration.
John
« Last Edit: July 30, 2022, 11:45:45 AM by jwyvern »

The following users thanked this post: Michael Trigoboff

Offline Michael Trigoboff

Re: "Stacking" DSP Effects and Registrations
« Reply #2 on: July 31, 2022, 03:00:03 AM »
That did the trick. Thanks!
retired software developer and Computer Science instructor
Grateful Deadhead emeritus

"He had decided to live forever or die in the attempt."
-- Joseph Heller, Catch-22