Author Topic: Has anyone replaced speakers in the sx700 with sx900 ones?  (Read 1125 times)

Offline Dnj

Has anyone replaced speakers in the sx700 with sx900 ones?
« on: July 15, 2022, 04:51:49 PM »
Has anyone replaced speakers in the sx700 with sx900 ones?
is this possible to buy the sx900 speaker parts from Yamaha & will they fit and work properly in the SX700 also.

just wondering

Thoughts?

Offline mikf

Re: Has anyone replaced speakers in the sx700 with sx900 ones?
« Reply #1 on: July 15, 2022, 10:07:28 PM »
Even if that is possible, seems a lot of effort for a relatively small improvement. If you don’t like the speakers on the 700, surely it makes more sense to buy a reasonable cost pair of small powered monitors, than to undertake such a project.
Mike
« Last Edit: July 15, 2022, 10:11:38 PM by mikf »

The following users thanked this post: Pityus

Offline manuel

« Reply #2 on: July 16, 2022, 01:26:40 AM »
One thing I can tell you, the changing speakers will NOT make a big change, keep in mind that the PSR SX900 has a different Amplifier and processor, THAT and the speakers makes the difference.

It would not make any sense if there were more than one reason to go to the next model. to justify not just the price, but the new Features, and is not just that, many other things, more S.A sounds, much more Memory for Expansion packs, 4 outs, 2 USB ports, can load Audio Styles, more and Better FX, etc. over all, a better sounding keyboard.

My 2 Cents

Manuel

My 2 Cents

Manuel

Offline Amwilburn

« Reply #3 on: July 16, 2022, 02:01:16 AM »
Even if that is possible, seems a lot of effort for a relatively small improvement. If you don’t like the speakers on the 700, surely it makes more sense to buy a reasonable cost pair of small powered monitors, than to undertake such a project.
Mike

Yes, exactly; and on top of that, the PSRsx900 has a 4 speaker  50 watt system, and the sx700 has a 2 speaker 30 watt system... you'd need to put the sx900 speakers *and* amplifier. Given the parts & labour cost, that would probably cost you more than just buying an sx900 in the first place.

Insert Jacky Chan scratching his head "why?" meme.

Offline Dnj

« Reply #4 on: July 16, 2022, 01:30:48 PM »
Thank you all for the great replies that really justify & answer my inquiry on this speaker exchange question. Personally, using external speakers in stereo makes more sense for sure. That said, in regard to the Yamaha SX700 for the price it is really an amazing arranger KB package used in the right hands. Also by adding the extra converted styles from the Genos/Sx900 etc. make it an admirable sounding instrument for many purposes. As a player/singer I never sing thru the keyboard & always use an external vocal processor/mixer for my vocals which gives me much more control.  I've had every Yamaha Arranger & Workstation/synth thru the years and when I realized I didn't need so many bells & whistles that I never use the SX700 is just right for my brand of music. I want to wish you all good luck in your musical journey, have fun and enjoy the ride!! :)