Author Topic: Panned Voices  (Read 1662 times)

Offline Luluc

Panned Voices
« on: July 15, 2022, 10:41:53 AM »
Hi all,

How can we get the list of all the panned voices of the Genos, including the Legacy voices ? This information would be useful for the mixing step of a song.

For example, the piano voice CFX ConcertGrand has notes which are built-in panned : low frequency notes are panned to the left side and hte higher frequency notes are panned to the right side. Notes are gradually panned from the left to the right.
I have checked the DataList manual, but I did not find this information.

Not only piano voices are concerned, it may apply for other famaily voices.

Thanks
« Last Edit: July 15, 2022, 02:39:53 PM by Luluc »
Luluc
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Yamaha Genos - Focusrite Scarlett 8i6 - Behringer FCB1010 - AKG K92

Offline Luluc

Re: Panned Voices
« Reply #1 on: July 23, 2022, 04:31:07 PM »
Hi Francesco,

Converting a stereo to a mono voice could be done indeed. In the other hand, it is too bad to do this operation, rather select a mono voice the first time.

It should be wortwhile to get the information about a stereo voice before we start the mixing step, because the stereo voices should be centered in the mix.
Maybe some experts would have this information.
Luluc
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Yamaha Genos - Focusrite Scarlett 8i6 - Behringer FCB1010 - AKG K92

Offline EileenL

Re: Panned Voices
« Reply #2 on: July 23, 2022, 05:24:17 PM »
I usually Pan my voices as they are in an orchestra. That is trumpets and horns to the left Wood wind off centre and to the write. Percussion central and so on.