Author Topic: Issue with loading Expansion Packs in YEM for Genos  (Read 2211 times)

Offline Danny1972

Issue with loading Expansion Packs in YEM for Genos
« on: July 12, 2022, 08:35:33 PM »
Hello all I hope someone can help me with this very strange issue.

The other day I loaded many expansion packs into YEM to use with the Genos I just bought. I loaded as many as I could to fill up the memory. I saved the pack installation file, the Genos loaded it fine and everything was great.

I then cleared down all the original packs in YEM because I wanted to add in the rest of the packs that I couldn't fit in the first installation, but now it seems to say that the data is too big for the instruments memory even if I just use 1 pack! At the moment with just one pack (for example, the entertainer pack), it's saying 4180/3072MB and has a big long red line. I just don't understand how that can be! I tested many packs, even the packs I used originally but doesn't matter what pack I add, it says its out of memory every time. I am either doing something wrong, or something has corrupted because it worked fine when I did it the first time when I got the instrument.

I tried a few things like re-adding the instrument's data but still the same, its as if there's something already taking up all the memory even though there's nothing there. Has anybody seen this before and what can I do to resolve it?

I've never had this issue on my SX900 and I've created many packs without an issue. But with the Genos, I did it the once, was fine but now it no longer works!

Any help would be really great,
Thank you very much indeed,
Danny

Offline Stijn

Re: Issue with loading Expansion Packs in YEM for Genos
« Reply #1 on: July 13, 2022, 10:40:49 AM »
it's saying 4180/3072MB and has a big long red line.

This is the Voice Wave Size (3072 MB), not the Pack Install File Size (4096 MB).
The 'error' is most likely caused by one of the files in the contents. Probably in your case - only 1 pack installed - a faulty pack???
I have the Entertainer2016 and 30 other packs installed and my Voice Wave Size is only 1656 MB.

You mentioned that you loaded 'many expansion packs', then cleared them in YEM and wanted to add some more  ....  it doesn't work that way!
When you remove packs from YEM, or uncheck them, they will be removed from Genos the next time you install the pack file. If you want to keep them on your keyboard they must remain TICKED in YEM. You can add packs as long as you keep below the Pack Install File Size limit (4096 MB).

Regards,
Stijn
I'm not talented ... but I practice a lot.
please visit  https://www.youtube.com/@StijnBettens/videos

The following users thanked this post: Danny1972

Offline EileenL

« Reply #2 on: July 13, 2022, 04:24:30 PM »
Hi Danny,
  You should load all your packs in first. I have 99 loaded into my YEM.
You then just select the packs you have enough space for by ticking the boxes. Now make your install pack on a USB. Now take all the ticks out of the packs you have just saved and select the next set you want and Now make your new pack giving it a new name. Save this on your USB. Do this as many times as you like until you have all the sets you want.
  Personally I went through all the packs and only saved what I knew would use THis way I have everything with just one load. Makes life a lot easier.

This may help https://europe.yamaha.com/files/download/other_assets/2/1396982/yamaha_expansion_manager_en_om_v280_k0.pdf
« Last Edit: July 13, 2022, 04:45:20 PM by EileenL »

The following users thanked this post: keyboards, Danny1972

Offline Danny1972

« Reply #3 on: July 14, 2022, 09:04:38 PM »
Hi Stijn & Eileen,

Firstly thank you both very much for your replies I really appreciate it.

I think that something very strange is happening because I did exactly as you said, I loaded all my packs and there was no red bar, it seemed to suggest it was capable of holding all of the packs, but when I went to go to create the install pack it eventually failed saying it was too big, I knew it was too big but it didn't give me the indication when I added all the packs. I then unticked a few but the memory indication wasn't decreasing, it just kept itself at the same figure of 3047mb. I eventually managed to create the install file by just guessing how many packs it would fit. I am sure something isn't right because I don't get this issue on the SX900, it always gives me the indicator of when I am close to the limit, not so with the Genos.

But anyway I think I have created the install files I need even if I didn't quite understand how I got there!

The Genos is an amazing instrument and I am very glad I finally bought one.

All the best to you,
Danny

Offline EileenL

« Reply #4 on: July 14, 2022, 10:15:31 PM »
Hello Danny
  At the top of the page where it says Pack install size there is a little black arrow head. If you press it you can Chose Wave size Voice Parameter size or pack install size to show what you are using. Make sure you have it on Pack install size.