Author Topic: Utility of 'Text' option in memory button  (Read 2211 times)

Offline Sukanta

Utility of 'Text' option in memory button
« on: July 11, 2022, 08:30:39 AM »
Dear experts,
I can't remember chord sequence of songs which I played a month ago. I thought it would be better if lyrics and chords can be saved in registration memory so that whenever I press registration the lyrics will come on the screen. So, what is the utility of text option in the memory button?

Offline Fred Smith

Re: Utility of 'Text' option in memory button
« Reply #1 on: July 11, 2022, 09:09:05 AM »
Dear experts,
I can't remember chord sequence of songs which I played a month ago. I thought it would be better if lyrics and chords can be saved in registration memory so that whenever I press registration the lyrics will come on the screen. So, what is the utility of text option in the memory button?

Create a text file on your computer with your lyrics/chords.
Transfer to your keyboard.
Memorize your registration with the text box checked.

You have to manually switch to the text display at first, but it will remain there for subsequent registrations.

Or, even better, create a playlist with the text option, then it will be displayed automatically.

Cheers,
Fred
Fred Smith,
Saskatoon, SK
Sun Lakes, AZ
Genos, Bose L1 compacts, Finale 2015
Check out my Registration Lessons

Offline Sukanta

« Reply #2 on: July 11, 2022, 09:22:14 AM »
Create a text file on your computer with your lyrics/chords.
In wordpad?
Thank you again Sir. :)

Offline Sukanta

« Reply #3 on: July 11, 2022, 09:27:01 AM »
even better, create a playlist with the text option, then it will be displayed automatically.
Sir,
I've created 5 or 6 registration banks for different songs (i.e. one bank one song). How to combine them in a playlist? How lyrics can be displayed on screen? Please help.  :)

Offline DerekA

« Reply #4 on: July 11, 2022, 10:04:57 AM »
In wordpad?
Thank you again Sir. :)

Better to use Notepad since it can only display simple text.
Genos

The following users thanked this post: Sukanta

Offline Fred Smith

« Reply #5 on: July 11, 2022, 03:38:43 PM »
Sir,
I've created 5 or 6 registration banks for different songs (i.e. one bank one song). How to combine them in a playlist? How lyrics can be displayed on screen? Please help.  :)

One step at a time. Display the lyrics with Menu>Text Viewer. Get the registrations working; worry about Playlists later.

Cheers,
Fred
« Last Edit: July 11, 2022, 03:51:23 PM by Fred Smith »
Fred Smith,
Saskatoon, SK
Sun Lakes, AZ
Genos, Bose L1 compacts, Finale 2015
Check out my Registration Lessons

Offline Sukanta

« Reply #6 on: July 12, 2022, 06:43:43 AM »
One step at a time. Display the lyrics with Menu>Text Viewer.
Thank you Sir for your advice. First, I'll learn with registration & text viewer.
Say, I have created a notepad file, copied to USB. Then how to put that file in registration1 button?

Offline DerekA

« Reply #7 on: July 12, 2022, 08:34:09 AM »
Load up the text file first. When you save the registration, put a tick in the box marked text.

Remember this is saving the name and location of the text file, and not its content. So if you alter the file the new content will be recalled with the registration, and if you move or delete the text file it will not be recalled at all.
Genos

The following users thanked this post: Sukanta

Offline Sukanta

« Reply #8 on: July 13, 2022, 11:24:28 AM »
Load up the text file first. When you save the registration, put a tick in the box marked text.

Remember this is saving the name and location of the text file, and not its content. So if you alter the file the new content will be recalled with the registration, and if you move or delete the text file it will not be recalled at all.

Thank you Sir. It's working....Now, I can see lyrics with text viewer. Thank you once again. :) :)