Author Topic: Backup  (Read 1040 times)

Offline Per Gunnar

Backup
« on: July 07, 2022, 05:00:06 PM »
Today when I was going to take a backup I got this error message: Failed to access data. I formatted the USB stick and tried again. Same result. I therefore examined some of the banks that I had last changed and found that when choose one of them I got the same error message.
I therefore tried to delete this bank but then I got the same error message again. So I wasn`t able to delete it because at once I choose the bank the error message came and I have to confirmed  the OK . Please help.

Offline overover

Re: Backup
« Reply #1 on: July 07, 2022, 05:11:27 PM »
Hi Per Gunnar,

The normal way to delete a file is to FIRST press "Delete" and THEN select the file to be deleted (so in your case, don't load the relevant Registration Bank first). Have you tried this yet? Do you also get this error message?

Best regards,
Chris
➪ Everyone kept saying "That won't work!" - Then someone came along who didn't know that and just did it.
➪ Never put the manual too far away: There's more in it than you think! ;-)

Offline Per Gunnar

« Reply #2 on: July 07, 2022, 05:21:31 PM »
Hi Chris.
The problem is that when I choose the bank, the error message comes up, I then have to press ok and I am back where I was.

Br,
Per Gunnar

Offline overover

« Reply #3 on: July 07, 2022, 08:18:07 PM »
Hi Chris.
The problem is that when I choose the bank, the error message comes up, I then have to press ok and I am back where I was.

Br,
Per Gunnar

Thanks for your quick reply, Per Gunnar!

To be on the safe side, I'll rewrite the individual steps here:

1. Load any working Registration Bank.

2. Press Delete.

3. NOW select the Bank to be deleted and press OK.

If that doesn't work, the only thing that will help is reformatting the internal User drive (where the corrupt Bank file is obviously located).

ATTENTION: This will ERASE all data in the User drive. You would have to copy all data for which this is possible from the User drive to a USB stick beforehand. Please note that you have to copy the different file types (Registration Banks, Styles, MIDI/Audio Songs, User Voices, Text files) separately.

It should also be noted that after reformatting the User drive, all Expansion Packs must also be reinstalled because the "Expansion" folder is also in the User drive and is therefore deleted during formatting.

By the way, if you have a Windows PC, you can use the "Music Soft Downloader" program to access your PSR-SX's User drive from the PC via a USB cable. (You must also have the Yamaha USB-MIDI Driver installed!) You may be able to delete the corrupt Bank file this way.

Best regards,
Chris
➪ Everyone kept saying "That won't work!" - Then someone came along who didn't know that and just did it.
➪ Never put the manual too far away: There's more in it than you think! ;-)

Offline Per Gunnar

« Reply #4 on: July 07, 2022, 08:35:26 PM »
Hello Chris,

Thank you so much for your answer.
Ok, then I will reformat my user drive after I have copied all the files to a USB stick. (accept the broken one 😊)
Maybe I will restructured my files so if it happens one more times it will be easier to copy.
Wish you all a nice weekend.

Best regards,
Per Gunnar