Author Topic: Advertising frenzy.  (Read 1290 times)

Offline Divemaster

Advertising frenzy.
« on: November 13, 2023, 03:07:55 PM »
It's been quite entertaining to see a whole raft of  current model Genos keyboards suddenly appear for sale on Ebay and Gumtree here in the UK.

Pretty well all incorrectly described as Genos Version 2....or Genos v2 models 😂 😂

Be truthful guys..... The software might be Version 2, but they are all Genos 1 (original) models   and you know it. We know you're offloading them....

So do buyers. 🙂
« Last Edit: November 13, 2023, 03:21:43 PM by Divemaster »
Yamaha PSR-SX700
Korg Pa5x
Technics SX-PR900 Digital Ensemble Piano
Lenovo M10 Android tablet with Lekato page turner

Re: Advertising frenzy.
« Reply #1 on: November 13, 2023, 03:40:10 PM »
It's been quite entertaining to see a whole raft of  current model Genos keyboards suddenly appear for sale on Ebay and Gumtree here in the UK.

Pretty well all incorrectly described as Genos Version 2....or Genos v2 models 😂 😂

Be truthful guys..... The software might be Version 2, but they are all Genos 1 (original) models   and you know it. We know you're offloading them....

So do buyers. 🙂

This was just brought up in another thread. I think that was really stupid with the 2.0 firmware naming thing. But obviously Yamaha did that to draw attention a while into the Genos' release.

Very confusing with Google / YouTube searches etc. It's no wonder people are trying to clickbait due to this confusion that Yamaha created themselves.

I think they should have gone with Genos Neo for the new keyboard and probably done something a bit more special/unique with the colour scheme.
But whatever....
Without Music, Life would be a Mistake.

Check out my Genos recordings & performances: http://www.youtube.com/andrewkeyz

Offline Danny1972

« Reply #2 on: November 13, 2023, 05:45:37 PM »
I think GenosX would have been a good name for the followup.

Or they could have just called the software v1.2.0 on the original Genos.

Offline J. Larry

« Reply #3 on: November 13, 2023, 07:18:15 PM »
As the latest Yamaha arranger is on the door step, I wish, for once, that the advertising and promotional efforts would (eventually) include available instructional videos on its more advanced features.  For sure, we’ll be covered up with performance videos by great demonstrators.  But, I’d like to watch and hear a step by step explanation for Style Creator and other functions.  Manual reading doesn’t cut it.  I see, hear, and learn.  The DAW that I use has many useful videos on its web site.  Also, the same for Band In A Box.  However, like others, I’ll probably upgrade and enjoy the ride. 

« Reply #4 on: November 13, 2023, 07:22:58 PM »
As the latest Yamaha arranger is on the door step, I wish, for once, that the advertising and promotional efforts would (eventually) include available instructional videos on its more advanced features.  For sure, we’ll be covered up with performance videos by great demonstrators.  But, I’d like to watch and hear a step by step explanation for Style Creator and other functions.  Manual reading doesn’t cut it.  I see, hear, and learn.  The DAW that I use has many useful videos on its web site.  Also, the same for Band In A Box.  However, like others, I’ll probably upgrade and enjoy the ride.

+1

Offline valimaties

« Reply #5 on: November 13, 2023, 07:45:33 PM »
J. Larry, I didn't see over time a brand making advanced instructional videos to its keyboards. Most of the videos are made by guys like Casper, which show us advanced things on the Genos for example.
So, I don't think you will ever see such a video from any of the brand, Yamaha or its competitors.

Vali Maties - Genos

Offline jugge

« Reply #6 on: November 13, 2023, 08:22:25 PM »

I remember years ago when I bought a Yamaha Motif workstation. It came with a 3 hours instruction DVD with Phil "Bad Mister" Clendenin from Yamaha. That was a really great initiative and Phil is such a good instructor.
« Last Edit: November 13, 2023, 08:33:22 PM by jugge »
Welcome to Yamaha Beats. Genos and MODX covers on YouTube.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC9yKCzqlOhkulwHFF6P-_Vw

« Reply #7 on: November 13, 2023, 08:32:22 PM »
I remember years ago when I bought a Yamaha Motif workstation. It came with a 3 hours instruction DVD with Phil "Bad Mister" Clendenin from Yamaha. That was a really great initiative and Phil was such a good instructor.

I remember my first Yamaha keyboard, a PSR-400 from 1991, came with a VHS tape!  ;D
But it was more about how to play some simple songs.
Some cheesy 90s guy called Jay something.